Eigth Song

Dream High 3

Before I start, Oh no! I lost a subscriber! I had seven and now I have six! So sad....

But thank you to that person for reading anyway! I forgive you! 

And once again thanks to all my subbies!

----

"You all know what we're doing today, right?" Mrs. Nam asks, surveying us with her beady black eyes.

"Yes!" we all shout back. 

"Today is an acting lesson, because to put emotion into your music, you should know how to feel. First off we'll need pairs."

Mrs. Nam barks at us to begin, and we all stand up, aimlessly looking around to decide who to be with. "Hyomin!" Boram links her arm with Hyomin's, trying to avoid being with Taemin on yet another project. Hyomin looks at Taemin longingly. I feel a hand on my arm and turn around, Sunggyu is looking straight at me with his slinted eyes. 

"What do you want?" I say, trying to pull my arm away. 

"You," he says bluntly. I nearly choke on my own spit in shock. "as my partner," he adds. 

A part of me sighs. "Well you're not getting it," I say, looking around for someone else. Niel, help me! I plead in my head. I spot his face, Taemin is talking with him. Oh no, have they already become partners? Niel glances up at me and I raise my eyebrows, "Help me!" I mouth to him. He shrugs and points to Taemin.

"I guess you're stuck with me," Sunggyu smirks. 

When he looks away I stick my tongue out at him. 

"Okay class!" Mrs. Nam claps her hands, her bangles jingling from the motion. "Now it's time to choose your script. Everyone play rock paper scissors, the first team to get up here gets the first choice, then the remaining teams will play again, so on and so on."

Instantly all the students to face each other. My first game is with a girl with a thick pink streak in her black hair. I win. 

Sunggyu plays against a nerdy kid with glasses. He wins. 

The team that is now out sits down, and we move to our next rivals. I play against Boram, she wins. Sunggyu plays against Hyomin, he wins. It's a tie breaker, so I play against Hyomin, and I win. The Hyomin Boram team is out. 

It comes down to Taemin and Niel versus me and Sunggyu. With the way those two are looking at each other, I swear Sunggyu is shooting lightning bolts at Niel and she's shooting lazers back. It's pure static between them. 

"Rock paper scissors!" I shout, and hold out my first, a simplified image of a rock. Taemin has scissors.

"Shoot," he swears under his breath. We turn to look at Niel and Sunggyu, who are deep in the midst of a very close game. 

They keep calling the same move again and again.

"Scissors!" they both shout.

"Rock!" they yell again. 

It comes down to the deciding moment...Everything lies in the next two seconds....and...Sunggyu uses scissors and Niel uses paper. 

Niel glares at him, pats Taemin's shoulder, and they go back to sit with the other students. It doesn't surprise me Sunggyu won, just in his personality, it seems he's a winner. Just like their moves, Sunggyu is scissors, with the ability to cut through anything weak and feeble. While Niel is like the paper, pure, clean, and innocent. Just a blank canvas. Yet scissors comes along and sees the paper's weakness, and cuts right through him. 

It's a rather sad story, almost. 

"Yah, Song Ji Eun," Sunggyu prods me in the side. 

"What?" I mumble, lost in my thoughts.

"We have to choose now, stupid."

"Oh."

I look at the papers in Mrs. Nam's hands. One of them has got to be a good one. With my average acting skills, something easy...something easy...

I pluck one off the top, and flip it over. 

BOYS OVER FLOWERS-KICK SCENE
 

"Yes!" I ball myhand into a fist and pull it to my body, the typical 'victory' motion. We don't act out only one scene, as Mrs. Nam would say that would be too 'cliche', I flip the page over to see the second one. It will be from the same drama of course...I hope it's one where she stil hates him. 

BOYS OVER FLOWERS-PROPOSAL SCENE

I peek over at Sunggyu, and he smiles all cocky. Why the last scene in the drama? 

"You two, go rehearse your lines while the rest of us get situated," Mrs. Nam ushers us into the hallways and slams the door behind us. 

"Let's practice the kick scene first!" I suggest, and hand Sunggyu the other script. 

"Start from the Hey part," I order, instantly taking role as the director. Sunggyu scoffs and flips the paper out in his hand. 

"Yah, Laundry Girl," he says bluntly, "Is that how your people apologize?" I almost want to laugh at how good he is at this. He sounds just like Gu Jun Pyo, the role of an arrogant tyrant of an imaginary rich people school was made for him. 

"Then in your world, must the victim apologize to the culprit?" I try my best to get into the role, but my words come out monotone and very obviously read off a sheet of paper. I throw down an imaginary towel, doing as the stage directions tell me.

"What did you say?" Sunggyu barks, he lowers his paper and walks to me slowly, his height menacing, his eyes intimidating. I in a breath and swallow, glance at the script and raise my fists, one containing the paper. 

"You...what are you doing?" Sunggyu asks, without even looking at the script. How does he memorize it all that fast? 

His cocky look has been replaced by fear, and despite it being false fear, my confidence boosts at the sight of it. 

"I told you," I threaten, "that I won't stand by and take it anymore!" I land perfectly in my stance. "I told you!" 

Sunggyu glances at the script, then back at me. "This is enough," he says, relaxing, "you probably can't do the--"

I bend my knees then push off the ground with all my strength, shfiting my body to get my leg in the air. Sunggyu's eyes widen and he jumps out of the danger zone, my leg narrowly misses the tip of his nose. I'm feeling pretty good up to this point, but then I falter. My balance is thrown off, and I spin out of control, tumbling to the ground. 

When finally the world has stopped falling, I'm on the floor, a dull throbbing in my ankle. Sunggyu doesn't even have the heart to do anything, he stands watching me from his place. 

"Aren't you even going to ask if I'm okay!" I shout.

"Why should I? I'm sure singers and actors take tumbles all the time," he winks audaciously, "it'll toughen you up."

I furrow my brows, then look away from him. More important than his royal know-it-all-ness is my condition. I use my hands to hoist me up from the ground into a sitting position. From the looks of it, I'm not too banged up but Sunggyu was right, I did take a fall. My stocking is torn and my knee is bleeding, but a band aid should about cover it. 

Sunggyu leans against a wall and I give him the evil eye. 

"Yah, if you keep up these filthy tricks, I'll kill you for real!" I yell, quoting the script. 

Hearing the commotion, Niel, Boram, Taemin, and Hyomin appear at the door. They knew I was out here, so of course they're the first to show up in the case I was hurt. Niel pushes through the crowd and runs to me, it's apparent to me that I'm not exactly someone he has a particular affection for, but at least he doesn't hate me. Not like he has to like me anyway. He was just my ticket in. 

A pang of guilt hits me, and I try to ignore it. He made the decision to come here, not like I made him!

"Yah, why are you always getting yourself hurt!" Niel complains, taking me by my shoulders and standing up, dragging me with him. 

"Pfft what are you complaining about?" I grumble, "this is the first time I've been hurt since I met you."

"Whatever," Niel ignores me. He tries to let me stand on my own, but upon releasing me, my already throbbing ankle twists and I nearly fall on my face. Niel catches me again, this time in a dramatic tango-like pose. 

I wriggle my arms, "yah! Don't drop me!" I scream. Niel rolls his eyes and pulls me up. 

"Can you walk?" his arms are still stabilizing me, and I have mine out for balance, but honestly I don't think I can. 

"Probably not.." I mumble. 

"The stuff I have to do for you." In a blur of motion Niel bends down, hooks his arms underneath my arms and knees, and hoists me into the air, princess-style. 

"Whoa," I protest, "this is not what I meant when I said I couldn't walk."

"Would you rather crawl?" Niel asks. 

I think for a minute, I mean really think on it. I plan out how far I'd have to go and how many people would look at me strangely as I crawled my way to the infirmary. The odds were not in my favor.

"No thanks," I say, and wave a hand, "carry on."

People stare at the two of us. Nothing to see here, I think, just Niel casually carrying me across the school as if I'm his bride. I try to keep my face from turning bright red. 

We arrive at the infirmary and Niel sets me down on a bed. The nurse is no where to be found, so Niel just does it himself. He digs through the drawers until he finds a band aid and some disinfectant and gets to work. He gets on one knee and gently rubs the disinfectant over my cut, then puts the band aid on.

"How do you know how to do this?" I ask.

"The neighborhood kids would always come running to my mom asking for a band aid when they got hurt, but Mom wasn't always there so I ended up doing it a lot." He looks up at me and smiles, "I'm practically trained in first aid."

"Don't brag," I scold, and flick him in the head. 

"Why are you so mean all the time?" Niel stands up, and offers me a hand. 

"I'm not being mean! I'm--" I take his hand and he pulls me up abruptly. I slam into him and am looking into his round eyes. Our hands clasped together at our sides. 

"You're what?" Niel asks with a boyish grin.

 

---

Yay sorry my chapter updates will be growing slower, I just wanted to get enough out there that it was worth it to start reading. 

The romance will start picking up from here on out! Probably getting better in the teens and moving on from there. 

Once again, please comment and subscribe! If you have any friends who like dream high or infinite or teen top or shinee please point them my direction! The more subbies the better!

what's going to happen next!?
tumblr_ljnndkIf9z1qg0oq1o1_500.gif