Tenth Song

Dream High 3

"Where to?" the cab driver asks. 

"it's just around the corner." Sunggyu answers politely. 

The cab rumbles into motion only to stop literally just around the corner. Sunggyu helps me out and puts my arm over his shoulder to help me stand. I'm too lazy to protest, plus I'm starving. Sunggyu's high class cafe is a run down convenience store that sells some fast food. He gets us a bowl of deukbokkie to share. 

4550360184_6a14220a8c.jpg

"Just deukbokki?" I press my lips together tightly and look up at him with expectant eyes. 

"Yeah. What were you expecting?" He sits me down at a plastic table outside and I shrug.

"Knowing you I thought it would be something fancy." I admit.

"You're right, high-class suits me better." He smiles again, "Right?"

"Yah, you better stop that!" I bark at him.

"Stop what?"

"This smiling thing! It's freaking me out!"

Then--get this-- he LAUGHS. Like a full on, open mouth, happy, laugh. I've never seen him do that before. He stops laughing and looks at me, his hand holding a spoon overflowing in the spicy rice cakes hovering mid-air. "What?" He asks. I look down at the rice cake and bite my lip, upon hearing his words I look up.

"What do you mean?" 

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"It's um.." I sniff a little and scratch the side of my nose, "Well.."

"Well? Spit it out!"

"You're not as bad as I thought...I guess." I blurt the words as quickly as I can and shove more deukbokki into my mouth. 

Sunggyu looks mildly phased for a second, then clears his throat loudly and continues eating. We must have both been hungry, because we don't talk the rest of the time. Every once in a while Sunggyu will look over at me, or I might look over at him. One time our eyes met and he smiled. I nearly spit out the water I was drinking all over our food. Instead, I managed to make a complete fool out of myself by swallowing wrong.

I break into a coughing fit. Sunggyu puts down his cup and rushes to my side, gently patting my back. I gasp for air at last and take a swig of water. My eyes are tearing up and making the world blurry. 

"You okay?" asks a blurry Sunggyu.

"Wrong...pipe.." I croak. He heaves a sigh and goes back to his seat. 

"Focus, at least when you eat, would you?" Is that a hint of sincere concern in his voice, or am I just imagining things? I roll my eyes and keep eating. He can be sassy all he wants. 

We finish eating, and Sunggyu cleans up the plates for me. "Shocker," I say sarcastically, "you do have manners."

Sunggyu wrinkles his nose at me, "I always did."

"Help me up," I order. "..please," I add afterwards. Sunggyu puts his arm underneath me and helps me along. "I can't believe you didn't bring more cab money!" I groan. The school is like, two blocks away! 

"Sorry," Sunggyu laughs, "I didn't think of it."

"I'm sure you didn't." I retort. 

He carefully looks out for me and guides me down the street. Each time I wince in pain he asks me if he should just carry me. With my stubborness, I insist on walking by myself. Finally we reach the red school gate. A large white van pulls into the school and the door slides open. A lean boy with large black sunglasses steps out. he sees Sunggyu and removes his glasses. "Sunggyu?" he asks.

"L?" Sunggyu looks like he wants to run and talk to the guy, but he's confined to holding me up. Instead, the guy, L, hops out of the van and trots over. He's dressed in a fashionable sky blue button up with tight pale beige pants. 

"Hey, it's been a while." L smiles. "Who's this? Your girlfriend?"

"N-no!" I shout before Sunggyu can say anything. "I'm not! Also, I have to go! Like now!" I take my arm off Sunggyu's shoulder and nearly fall down, but I catch myself and start limping away. Sunggyu reaches out for me when I nearly fall, but I wave him off and keep going. L just laughs at my petty determination. When I'm about 7 feet away from them I pull my phone out my pocket and punch in some numbers. Niel picks up on the other end. "Niel heeellllpp meee" I whine. 

"With what?" he asks. 

"Just come out to the courtyard. And hurry!"

Shortly after I hang up Niel appears from the building. Upon seeing my rather pitiful state he starts running. He flips around befor reaching me, grabs my arm, bends down, and pulls me up. Instead of princess-style, this time it's piggyback. 

Why is my heart beating so fast?

---

Sorry my updates are getting slooower and slooower. I'm so busy lately with life. I just finished my Stumbled On You fan fic starring L. For those who haven't seen it and like my writing, please check it out! The romance will heat up from here! Comment who you like better! Niel or Sunggyu? Please comment and subscribe! Thank you!

Dream High Everyone!

20101223_dreamhigh_photo_43.jpg

tumblr_lfg2swfpyR1qbxx00o1_500.gif

Song Sam Dong saranghae~