Sixth Song

Dream High 3

Niel, Boram, Taemin, and I wait in line for our uniforms. The upperclassmen stand at a table neighboring a gigantic clothing rack. The girl in front of us stumbles up to the table. "Name?" an upperclassmen with glasses and dark hair asks. I barely see move, but nothing seems to have come out. The upperclassmen looks up from his clipboard, "Name?" he asks again. Once again, she 'tells' him her name, still no one can hear her. Now getting angry, the upperclassmen sets down his clipboard and sets his hands on the table, leaning in. He's close, and from her standpoint, probably intimidating.

"I said," he growls, "Name."

Taemin pushes past me and Niel, he calmly takes the upperclassmen's shoulders, and pushes them back until he's standing up straight. Then he turns around to face the girl. She has a small nose and big eyes, very pretty. Taemin smiles and the girl just stares. "Say it one more time?" he asks, and leans in. With his tall height, he has to bend over until can reach his ear. Her lips move again, taemin smiles wider and turns to the now furious upperclassmen.

"Her name is Hyomin."

The kid at the table purses his lips and throws her uniform at her. Taemin catches it in one hand, smooths it down, and hands it to her. She slowly nods her thanks, and scampers away.

"She's so pretty...." I say, watching after her.

"And shy," Boram retorts, taking her uniform from the upperclassmen.

----

"Where have you been all day?" Omma asks, putting food on the table.

I drop my bag on the couch and begin to slink up the stairs, "School," I say bluntly.

My room has never been anything much, but I'd like to think of it that way. The walls are pale green, my curtains are white along with my bed sheets. The CD Hye Sung-sasangnim gave to me is sitting proudly on my bed side table. There, in the corner, is where my piano would be if I had one. Even just a keyboard would do. But, as much as I beg, my parents won't get one for me. When I was little, I had to beg them on my hands and knees to even let me start taking piano lessons. Once I was in middle school, my family kind of hit a rut in the financial road, and I had to start paying for lessons myself.

I don't really need lessons anymore, but I still wish I had a piano.

I pull my phone out of my pocket. It's a humble old model, it doesn't even slide up, you just have to press the number keys to text. I go through my contacts, there aren't many. Cho Hee...Boram...

I wonder what Niel's number is?

"Why do I care?" I huff, turning on my side. He probably doesn't even have a phone.

-----

"Wakey Wakey sleepy head!"

oh no, I think, maybe I can just pretend to be dead.

"Yah! Song Ji Eun wake up!" Cho Hee tears my blanket off of me, and I curl myself into a ball, all the while making unearthly groaning sounds. I already know a battle against the stubborn mule Hwang Cho Hee is one I'm not going to win, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

I pile my pillows on myself to use as a blanket, Cho Hee picks one up with her long pink painted nails and starts hitting me with it. Not like it hurts, but I'm starting to get mad. I sit up in the bed and snatch the pillow from her, "YAH!" I shout. Cho hee pulls her hands back in shock and widens her eyes, I drop back into the comfort of my mattress hugging the pillow that was once attacking me.

Cho Hee pouts for a minute. Through a crack between the pillow and mattress I can see her. Her hair is wavy, obviously done through hard work and a lot of curlers. She dyed it an auburn color about may of last year. She has a ridiculous spiked head band on, and it doesn't match her simple blue uniform blazer. We were friends in middle school, but now Cho Hee goes to the public high school, while I'm at Kirin. Not like I ever liked her much anyway.

I open my eyes, realizing i'd been falling back asleep. Drowsily I sit up, pillows falling from my body. Cho Hee is no where to be found. "Cho Hee-ah" I call gently...no answer. I pick up my alarm clock from the end table. The black clock hands are telling me it's....that late already!?

I jump out of my bed and furiously tousle my hair. I grab my new uniform that was hanging from the closet door knob. I change quickly, and tie my hair into a ponytail. I race downstairs, grab my bag off the couch, and rush out the door before anyone even knows I'm gone.

"Ah!" I scream, barely dodging a bicycle. I hear a screech then her the bicycle behind me, the whir of the wheels. what are you trying to do, get me killed? I yell in my mind, I don't have time for a stalker to follow me around right now!

"Yah, do you even know where you're going?"

I turn around at the familiar voice. Sunggyu has his head tilted, hands on the breaks, staring at me like I'm stupid. "What do you mean!" I yell, "of course I know where I'm going! I'm going," I look around, where the heck am I..? "....to school."

Sunggyu's waves a finger and shakes his head, "School," he says, "is that direction."

I wish i could just punch myself in the face. Way to look like an idiot in front of your arch nemesis. "I could give you a ride," Sunggyu offers. Ha! Who does he think he's offering a ride too? I glance down at my watch.

"Yes!" I say without hesitation, and hop on the back. He laughs as if he's won, and he has, but only for today. I won't let him win again. He grips the handles, his legs pushing us on. I cling to the edge of my seat on the back, completely off balance. "Just hold on to me!" Sunggyu shouts.

"No way! ert!" I yell back, leaning even farther away. I can almost see him rolling his eyes. We reach the top of a hill, come to a stop, then Sunggyu puts one foot down and pushes off the ground. We fly down the steep slope. I scream, practically falling off. In my fear, I give in, and wrap my arms around his waist. He better not be happy about this.

When the hill evens out, I unfurl my fingers that were once gripping his shirt so tight my knuckles were white. It hurts a little, since I held them so tightly. I slowly attempt to peel away from him, but at that moment he suddenly turns the bike sharply, I screech and grab ahold again. He's just making a circle. "Yah!" I yell at the top of my lungs, "Let me off! I want to walk!"

"Are you sure? It's another 10 minutes by foot!" He asks. Ugh! I wish I had time! "Fine then! Just hurry up!" I bark.

We finally reach the school, and I bound off, patting away any invisible Sunggyu-germs.

I laugh to myself out of the blue, Sunggyu looks at me like I'm crazy while he chains his bike up, "What are you laughing about?"

"Sunggerm," I giggle, and he furrows his eyebrows, "What?" he asks, threatening.

"Sunggerm! Merong~" I shout and stick my tongue out, then take off to get to class.

Most of the students are already there, including Boram and Taemin. "I thought you were in Mrs. Oh's class?" I whisper. Boram leans in, still with a poker face staring forward. "We were, but she's on maternity leave."

"Ohhhh," I nod, and go back to my position. The girl from earlier, Hyomin, is here too. Our new teacher appears from a door we're not allowed to go into. "Class," she says, nodding her acknowledgement.

"Nam-sasangnim" we all reply. Someone s the classroom door open, we all turn around at the sound like cats drawn to motion.

Niel stands in the doorway panting. "Niel!?" i shout. He straightens himself and bows to the teacher. "Sorry, I got lost."

He bows to all of us as he walks in. The teacher raises her eyebrows and points to a place, "Go there." she orders.

We all hear footsteps and the entire class turns around again. Oh no. Sunggyu stands in the doorway. "Sorry," he says, sauntering up to her, "I wanted to arrive fashionably late."

"Yah! Kim Sunggyu!" I yell at him. The teacher holds up a hand to hush me and flips her hair. "You, there." she points to his spot. Niel is in front of me, and Sunggyu is next to him, both in the front row.

"He should get sent to the principle for that!" One girl whispers. Apparently not quietly enough. "Bong Chae Kyung!" the girl straightens in half a second, wide eyed and scared. "minus 10 points for talking in class."

the girl lowers her head, "Yes sasangnim..."

I thought this was going to be a good year. I glare at Sunggyu's back diagonal to me. Maybe if I stare long enough I'll burn a hole into it.

Wait until I get my hands on you, Kim Sunggyu!

----

Once again, another short chapter v.v" I did my best!

How are you guys liking it so far? Good? Bad?

Don't be afraid to comment what you think! Do you like my character selection? Originally I was thinking L for the part, but I already have a fan fic with him! So instead I decided to do Sunggyu, Taemin, and Niel instead!

Please Subscribe!

tumblr_lhcvj6l82G1qzh5sno1_500.gif

Don't be afraid to dream high!

Sunggyu spam~

imagethat little sassy

forever alone.