Eleventh Song

Dream High 3

"Why did he take you out when you practically broke your leg!" Niel yells, pacing back and forth in front of me sitting soundly at a lunch table. Boram chews gum with a bored expression and Taemin's already half asleep. 

"She's fine, it's not a big deal--" Taemin starts to say, barely awake, but Niel cuts him off.

"She's not fine! Look at her!" He points to me and I look up. Just in case, I double check myself. Other than a slight discomfort in my ankle, I would say I'm in pretty good condition. None the less Niel drones on in frustration. Eventually I grab his arm with a sigh. He stops instantly and looks at me. 

"Niel." I say firmly, "I'm fine." 

He looks thoughtful for a moment, and doesn't say anything. Despite the fact that he's looking at me it sure feels like he's looking at his thoughts. He nods dejectedly and sits next to me with a quiet "Okay.."

"Did you hear?" Boram says, as if we're supposed to know what she's talking about.

"Hear what?" I ask.

"The Freshman showcase. They put it on every year."

Taemin turns his head over on the table and looks at her with his lips puffed out. Hyomin walks by and I wave her over.

"People can try out for it and if they get in they get to perform in front of the entire school body and reporters! You're like, guaranteed a future if you make it in!"

"But that's only if you can make it in," I add, thinking of my lacking skills. 

"Don't be such a negative nancy, Ji Eun-Ah." Boram sticks her tongue out at me. I roll my eyes at her. Hyomin sits down next to me. 

"Isn't it difficult though?" Hyomin practically whispers, "everyone else is so talented..." Taemin nods with his lips puffed out, then switches his head on the table to face Boram again. 

"Nothing is impossible!" Boram says, slamming her fist on the table. "If I wanna perform, who says I can't? I can do whatever I want!" 

Niel blinks at her and Boram clears and pulls her hand back under the table. "Ahem. What I'm saying is, any of us could do it."

Taemin sits up straight suddenly, nearly falling backwards. Boram pushes him back into place. "Thanks." he mumbles. 

"What if we all tried out? Like together?" Taemin says, a smile spreading across his face. I have to give him credit for his enthusiasm. 

"I don't know about that..." I scratch the back of my head. 

"Why not?" Niel shocks all of us. He's the one who's scared of the stage the most.

"What if you faint or something?" Taemin says. Niel shakes his head.

"No, I won't faint. I'll be going up there with all of you! I'll do fine."

Taemin glances at Boram and she shrugs. "Why not? I'm in." 

Hyomin shakes her head shyly when Taemin looks at her. Then she looks up at him slowly and he smiles. 

"U-um..I could try.."

Taemin looks at Niel and Niel high fives him. "Of course I'm in!"

Now everyone stares at me. I can't easily tie myself into this, I'd probably just bring down the team. "You won't bring us down," Niel adds as if reading my thoughts. He smiles and I can't help but stare. "C'mon. Do it with us. It'll be fun."

"..Okay." I give in. Niel high fivesme with a bright face and everyone starts talking about how great it will be. I look over Taemin's shoulder and see Sunggyu leaning against a wall. Doesn't he have any friends? 

"Hang on just a sec," I mumble to no one. Everyone is to busy planning our audition act to listen. I walk past Sunggyu and flick my finger ever so carefully, then walk to the roof. Sunggyu comes up the stiars just seconds after me. 

"Are you finally confessing your love to me?" Sunggyu says, dramatically putting his hands on his heart. "How unexpected!"

"Shut up!" I yell. "You just looked..." lonely. I'm about to say, but change my mind. "I was bored!"

"Bored," Sunggyu twists his mouth around and comes to stand next to me, "I see."

"oh!" I remember now. "Are you going to try out for the showcase too?"

"Of course. I'll probably make it."

Probably..I think, remembering his previous performance. It was definitely one for the records.

"Hey, let's make a bet." Sunggyu interrupts my thoughts.

"What kind of bet?"

"Hmm.." He leans against the railing and rolls his head to face me. "If I make it, go on a date with me."

"Yah!" I shove him as hard as I can. "Why would I go on a date with you? Of course you're going to make it in! Have you heard yourself?"

Sunggyu's shocked expression changes to a smile. "Song Ji Eun, are you complimenting me?"

"Busun compliment?!" I scoff, and nervously run my hands through my hair. "Whatever!" I bark, "I'm not going on a date with you! Pick something else!"

[Busun=what]

"But there's nothing else I want," Sunggyu leans in way to close for comfort. I bite my lip and lower my eyes, he just laughs and struts away. When he reaches the entrance to the stairwall he pauses, holding onto the railing, and looks over. 

"OK then. There's one more thing I want."

I shake my head a little in hopes of shaking off the awkwardness of the previous moment. "W-what is it?" I stutter.

"If I get in...let's be friends."

----

Sorry it's short! But in the following chapters things will pick up! Please continue to read and comment and subscribe! Thank you!

tumblr_m5uov3pXsc1ryh38co1_500.gifNEOMU NEOMU SARANGHAE!