Seventeenth Song

Dream High 3

I think I'm going to need to change the names of these chapters! As soon as I get into the twenties I'll start coming up with ACTUAL names for them~

----

It's finally here. The day of the showcase. A part of me is a little sad that I'm not in it. My selfish side, that is. On the other hand, I am happy for the people that are. Other than Sunggyu and Niel there's a couple girls, and a few other boys. 

All the students are required to help set up the show case these days. We didn't used to, but it's like that now. 

"Who are you rooting for?" Boram asks and unfolds another chair.

"What?" 

"Niel? Or..." another chair snaps into place, "Sunggyu?"

"SHH!" I hold a finger to my lips. 

Boram purses her lips at me. 

Taemin looks tired and a little depressed running his paint brush over a student-made welcome sign. Hyomin eyes him, and finally gathering her courage says, "Are you okay?"

Taemin sighs and his face lightens up a bit, "I'm fine...I just wish we could have done it too."
"I know..." Hyomin nods in agreement. 

Mrs. Nam walks into the main room with a megaphone in her hand, dressed in a sleek black dress and high heels. "All right everyone! Get in your seats! That means you! Yes you! Get down from there!"

Boram and I scramble to the front row and sit down, Taemin and Hyomin take their place on either side of us. Next to me Hyomin looks a little distraught with being seperated from Taemin for more than 3 seconds. 

Mrs. Nam takes her place at the front of the room and brings the bright red megaphone to her lips, "Everyone here?"

"Yes!" we all shout.

"The showcase will start in 3 hours! Until then, participants will be getting ready inside the dressing room, and the other students will be expected to wait here or walk around the campus until it starts."

"No way I'm staying in here for 3 hours," Boram whispers into my ear.

"You are dismissed!"

Boram stands up and begins cracking ranom body parts and stretching her arms. "Ugh, I'm so stiff!" She moans.

"You were sitting for two minutes!" Taemin barks.

"No one asked you~" Boram sticks her tongue out.

I can't help but glance towards the dressing room. Niel and Sunggyu are both in there getting ready...

[Niel's POV]

I scratch my head and look around. People rush around the dressing room with clothing racks and bags of makeup. It's like we're preparing for a broadway play. I notice Sunggyu sitting obediently in his chair, while a makeup artist moves around him. He looks like he's done this a thousand times, like a professional.

"Niel-ssi," A stylist puts a hand on my shoulder to get my attention,"your seat is over there." She motions towards a stool in front of a mirror. I sit down and look in the mirror. I've never been one to be too confident in my looks. When I was little, the kids used to bully me for having such big eyes and lips. So I just assumed I wasn't really useful for anything.

"Wow!" A stylist runs her hand over my cheek, sending shivers down my spine. "You have such nice skin! And look at those lips!"

"I do?"

"Of course!" she cheers and starts styling my hair, instructing me to close my eyes or tilt my head this way or that. Finally when I open my eyes, I look good, but very boy band-y. My hair is styled fashionably in small crimp like waves. I've never worn eyeliner this thick before. I definitely look like a real famous person.

"Kamsohomnida." I bow to the stylist and she smiles brightly back, "No problem!"

I hear the announcer talking to the audience on stage. 

[Ji Eun's POV]

"Quick run!" Boram sprints down the aisle and takes her seat, I shove my way in behind her.

"We made it just in time!" Boram smiles.

"Shhh, the shows starting." I hold a finger to my lips and motion towards the announcer on stage.

"Kirin Art School has been producing stars for 15 proud years now." the announcer raises a fist in the air and cheers erupt from the students.

"Let's give a warm welcome to the wonderful reporters who came tonight to see our show!" 

All of us clap and a few whistle and cheer. 

"I'm proud to announce today's participants in the showcase, come on out!"

[Niel's POV]

I step out onto the stage.

-------

Sorry guys! I was going to write more in this chapter but I knew I should just get it out there

you have all been so patient waiting for this to come and I promise it'll get even better from here

This story will probably be nearing it's end around the 30's, but who knows how long it'll take to get there!

I'm proud of this story in particular because I'm sticking with it to the end!

Thank you so much to all my readers!

I appreciate comments and I love reading them! 

If you're new to the story, please hit subscribe~

Thanks!