Twelfth Song

Dream High 3

wow may I first start off by saying twelfth is the most awkward word in existence. 

Anyway now that that's out there, let's begin!

-----

We practiced a LOT. I've never done that much practicing in my life. Even at night we all snuck into the school just to practice more. One such night I was carefully practicing my piano and vocals in the dark when I heard footsteps. I shut off my flashlight and ducked under the piano. The lights switched on and I scootched more under the piano. Footsteps echoed across the floor. It's 2am! Who would be here at this hour? I peeked out from under the piano. 

"Yah!" Niel jumped back and screeched nearly running into the mirror. I crawl out from the under the piano. 

"It was just you?" I sigh. "Thank god."

"Why did you have to peek out of there like a ghost or something!?" he shouts, still breathing heavily. 

"Mian." I stretch my back. 

"What were you practicing anyway?" He asks, straightening up a little. 

"A little bit of this...a little of that." I mumble, embarrassed. 

"I came for the dance." Niel laughs and bites his lip, "I'm a bad dancer actually."

"Me too," I laugh. "Don't expect me to help you!"

Niel scratches behind his ear and smiles weakly, "we could practice together?"

I nod. Might as well, we're both here. 

I lean against the piano while Niel sets up his MP3 player. When he's done I join him in front of the mirror. The music starts and we move, swaying this way and that, moving our arms and legs together. Here comes the hard part. In our five member group this is Hyomin's very iffy solo part. Boram insisted on not pairing with Taemin, so she and Niel are supposed to dance this part, while I dance with Taemin. However, here's the problem. Right now it's just the two of us. 

He pauses the music and looks at me, "Should we do it together? We were going to anyway."

I nod, "Sure, okay. Let's give it a try." 

He presses play and gets back into position. He dances around me and twirls me around. I try to keep my heart from beating out of my chest. I keep reminding myself, it's because I'm tired. It's regular when you excercise to feel this way...isn't it?

the music finally stops and the two of us collapse on the floor. Our breath collects in the air and forms a cloud. 

"Don't they ever turn the heat on in this place?" Niel breaths. I laugh. "What time is it?" he rolls over to face me. We're closer than I realized. His brown hair hangs in his big eyes and he looks at me expectantly. I blink a couple times to clear my thoughts. "The time?" he asks a second time. 

"O-oh it's um.." I pull my phone out of my pocket and look at the screen. "It's 2am." 

"Hwa." Niel sighs, "Already?" he pulls something out of his pocket. It's a simple green flip phone, he checks the time once more. 

"You have a phone?" I say. 

"Of course I do." he sits up and shakes it in front of me. I sit up next to him and pull my hair out of my eyes. 

"For some reason I just thought..." 

"Thought what?"

I can't tell him I thought he was too poor to afford one. I don't want to hurt his feelings. "Nothing!" I cheer. "Oh! Speaking of which, what's your phone number?" I desperately try to change the subject. Niel holds his hand out and I set my phone in it. He enters his number and hands it back to me. 

"Call me anytime." He says with a smile. Then he stands up and grabs his MP3 player. "I have to get home now. I don't want uncle to spoil Mom too much." He half smiles and pulls on his jacket.

"Wait! Let's walk home together!" I stand up and rush after him. 

"Why?"

"It's late...and dark..and you know, there are scary guys and stuff out there." I mumble. 

"You're scared? The valiant Song Ji Eun is afraid?" He laughs.

"N-no! I was only doing it in case you were!" I lie, and scratch the sudden itch on my head. 

He smirks and thentakes my hand. "W-whoa! What are you doing?" i try to pull my hand away but he holds tight and completely ignores me.

"Let's go!" he pulls me down the streets and asks where my house is. Finally I give up on my pulling and just walk hand in hand with him. No point in fighting when he's stronger anyway. Despite his lean body he's stronger than he looks. 

"Oh here!" I point and pull him to the gate, "This is my house!" He smiles weakly. I raise my eyebrows at him and look down at our hands then back at him. "You're not going to let go?" I tug a little, but he opens his hand easily and I nearly fall backwards. 

"Yah!"

"You said let go." He shrugs. I purse my lips at him then smile a little and wave. He waves back and trots off down the street. It's a big day tomorrow. 

---

Oh my gosh...unbelievably short. Hopefully the next chapter will be waaaay longer than this. Please put up with me >_<

Please comment and subscribe!

Thank you to all my subbies!