Chapter 1

Nerdy Byun Baek

 

*Ringg Rrrring RRINGGG*

You woke up. Slammed your hand on top of your stupid alarm clock, to stop the annoying loud noise its producing.

You groggily sit up and check your alarm clock. You look at your clock with half lidded eyes.

‘6:00’

Ah its too early to wake up’ you thought.

but then again I have only half an hour to prepare for school

You let out a frustrated sigh and made your way to your bathrooom.

After minutes of preparing for school. You went down to have breakfast. You quickly finished your breakfast and bid goodbye to your parents.

You head out of your house only to be greeted by your bestfriend. The one and only ‘Nerdy Byun Baek’ or Byun Baekhyun his real name.

“Late as always ______.” Baekhyun said as he made his way to you.

“For your information Baek, 6:30 is still early” You stated.

He chuckled in reply.

 Both of you headed to school.

While heading to school, both of you shared stories, cheesy jokes and what normal bestfriends would do. For a nerd, Baekhyun can be really funny.

He doesn’t really open up to other people that much. Why? Well he is a nerd. People are just too blind to see who he truly is without those big goofy eyeglasses.

The only person he truly opens up to is you. Why? Because you were his very first bestfriend.

 

*Flashback*

‘Ding Dong’

“_____, Our new neighbors have arrived, be nice to them sweetie”

6 year old _____ nodded to her mom.

Your mom quickly opened the door revealing the Byun family. Apparently our new neighbors will have dinner at our house. Their family are composed of  two adults and one cute young boy.

The boy seems to have the same age as you or maybe a year older.

‘They look nice.’ You thought.

Mrs. Byun came to you and pinched your cheeks.

“Aigoo what a cute daughter you have.” She said smiling at you.

Being a polite child you are. You thank her and gave her a sweet smile.

Your mom approached the young boy.

“Omo, Your child too is very cute, he will definitely grow up as a handsome young boy.”

The boy’s cheek turned into a shade of  red. Being a shy boy he is, he look down to his feet. Avoiding the gaze of your  mother.

You  noticed the boy’s actions.

‘Cute’ You thought.

After introducing each other. All of  you  headed  to the table to have dinner. Your mom approached you and said

“_____-ah, would you mind seating next to Baekhyun”

“Umma, who is Baekhyun?” You asked not familiar with the name.

Your mom pointed to the cute young boy.

‘Oh his name is Baekhyun’ You  keep in mind his name.

You gave your mom a small nod and you headed to the table to sit beside Baekhyun.

Because you are really sociable and  a friendly person. By the time you were seated. You introduced yourself to him.

“Annyeong! My name is _____.” You said with a cheerful tone.

He ignored you because  he was really shy. He  had  never  talked to anyone before besides his parents.

You were a little dissapointed because he ignored you. Being the person you are, you won’t give up until you  get what you want, and what you want is Baekhyun to be your friend.

As soon as  he was finished eating. You tugged your mom’s sleeve.

“Umma, can me and baekhyun go play at the living room?” You asked.

“Of course sweetie”

You immediately pulled Baekhyun out of his seat. He was shocked by your actions.

Once you entered the living room. You made your way to the sofa . You patted the space beside you signaling him to sit beside you. He was really shy, so he just stared down.

You sighed, you were really irritated by now. Suddenly you’ve got an idea. You quickly made your way to him.

“Are you really planning to ignore me the whole day?” You said pretending to be mad, hoping he will talk to you.

He ignored you and continued staring at the floor.

“Yah! If you don’t talk to me, I will tickle you until you die of laughter.” You threatened him.

As usual he ignored you. 

“1.....2.....3!” You attacked him. You started tickling him until both of you landed on the floor.

“OKAY! OKAY! I’LL TALK TO YOU!!” He half shouted while laughing really hard.

“You promise?”

“YES YES YES PLEASE STOP!” He said in between his laughs.

Your eyes widen.

‘HE FINALLY TALKED TO YOU’ You shouted inside your head.

“OMO! Your already talking to me! Wah I thought you would never talk to me!” You exclaimed with a big grin in your face.

His face was really red.

“Why are you so embarassed?” You asked him.

He did not respond.

“Hey you promised me you’ll talk to me”

“Mi-mianhae... I-I’m j-just r-really s-shy.” He stuttered face flushed.

You held his face and turned it around so he was facing you. You gave him a warm big smile.

“Don’t be”

Baekhyun saw your sincere smile. He can’t help but to smile too.

“Okay I won’t” He said without stuttering. He gave you a big smile.

 

*End Of Flashbanck*

 

 

Since that day, both of you were inseperable. He was the type to be shy at first but when you are close to him, he will open up to you and be the bestest friend you could ever have.

 

 

Both of you have arrived school. As soon as both of you entered the gate.

Insults can be heard. Bullies can be seen.

“OH LOOK NERD BOY IS HERE”

“Hey nerd mind doing my assignment?”

“Why is _____ even with that nerd, must be because  of pity.”

THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING. I mean how can you live a day with almost everyone in school bullies your bestfriend.

Those bastards are just really blind to see how amazing, cute and nice Baek is.

“HEY NERD” Kai one of the school’s kingka and also the meanest bully of the school made his way to Baekhyun’s direction with his group.

You tugged on Baekhyun’s sleeve and whispered to him.

“Just ignore them Baek”

Baekhyun gave you a little nod. He was already use to this, but when it comes to you, each and everyday you witness this cruelty. Your hatred towards those bullies especially Kai, increases and increases.

When both of you were about to avoid them. Kai blocked both of you or rather Baekhyun.

“Oh looky here, Mr. Nerdy Byun Baek is ignoring us. You don’t have the right to do that to us BASTARD!” He suddenly pushed Baekhyun making him fall.

Your eyes widen seeing your friend pushed by Kai.

Kai and his group were laughing very hard.

You pushed Kai hard making  him stumble.

“ OFF BASTARD,YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!” You shouted at him with anger, causing to get others attention.

People were crowding the hallway surrounding You, Baekhyun, Kai, and his group.

Kai steadied himself. He leaned close to your face then smirked.

“Your lucky because your a girl. If you aren’t I’ll beat the hell out of you.”

You step back and readied yourself to give him another round. Before you can do anything. Baekhyung quickly grabbed your wrist and dragged you out of the crowd.

Baekhyun dragged you to the rooftop. His favorite place in school.

“Yah pabo why did you shout at Kai?!”

“Isn’t it obvious? He just freaking pushed you Baek! What do you expect me to do? Just stare at him?!”

“Well that would be a lot more better than causing a scene!”

“What I did was right, He needs to learn a lesson!”

“Did you see how angry he was? It looks like he was gonna hurt you!”

“I can handle him.”

“Why, do you think I can’t handle him? Even though I’m a nerd, I am strong enough to handle situations like this!”

Before you can even retort, he made his way out and left you.

The bell rang signalling that classes have started.

 

‘I guess I’m late for class'

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

Wah first chapter done! Subscribe pls^^