04

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Yoori closely examined the bandages Luhan had laid around the small cuts she earned from the fall. She couldn't hide the amazement at how good the young man was in treating wounds, like he was used to doing it all the time. Although the marks didn't exactly look that bad it at first glance actually hurts like hell. Not only that those cuts hurt, her body ached all over too, who wouldn't feel that way if a heavy object fell upon you.  She couldn't even move a muscle. Moving would be twice as hard.
 

"Are you fine now?" Luhan's sudden appearance by the door shook her stance that she snapped at his way. The boy was carrying a small tray with a bowl and a glass of water. Although he was almost inside her room he just stood there waiting for the girl to let her in willingly. Yoori shifted from her position but avoid looking at his way."Just leave that on the table" she commanded in that usual cold voice of hers, glancing on everything but not to the man in her room. With that said, Luhan dragged his feet across the room and placed the tray soundlessly on her bed side table, careful not to irritate her. Yoori expected that after that he'd leave her be but to her dismay, the guy seated himself on the couch leaning by the wall.

 

"Eat that, I'll wait right here then and after that I'll call your mom."
 

"No don't tell her that." she said firmly. Her brown eyes were wide open, staring down on the figure across her room. "I mean nothing bad happened, she'll just worry about me so no." She could hide the wounds she earned by wearing long sleeved tops and long skirts to match, telling her mother about this would only cause her troubles. It was her fault in the first place, on why she fell out of her wheelchair. She was frustrated and tried to reach for something beyond her touch but ended up falling flat on the floor. She thought that she was capable of doing it but what happened proved her wrong. She was disappointed at how lame she was. Maybe Luhan was right that she couldn't do anything.. she could not even stand on her own two feet.

 

Luhan looked at her with wary written on his handsome face. It was the second time he had displayed such expression that the girl kept on asking to herself if it was his real emotion or he was faking it to show pity. "But how... --"
 

"You're forgiven if you don't tell mom." she declared before the boy could utter another word. In fact, if Luhan didn't act oh so mighty high last night, Yoori could have forgiven him in a jiffy. She was actually planning to apologize if he just accepted her request. Her actions the previous day was wrong and she was willing to make it right, however, seeing how the boy snapped at her last night, she lost her temper.

 

"Okay, I better go now, good night."
 

Luhan tucked himself on the soft bed. Even though it was summer, outside, it was raining cats and dogs. A common phenomena, summer rain. The drizzle tapped on his room and on the window, creating a rhythmic pattern he could dance to. In school, aside from being a troublemaker slash genius, he also fancy dancing, alongside with Yixing and Kai, his other friend. They would sometimes compete in street dancing but always end up into a fight, the reason, usually it was Luhan's temper or Kai's airy head.

 

Luhan closed his eyes, wanting nothing but sleep to gain his strength and look forward for tomorrow but the sudden flash of today's event snapped his eyes open. The ceiling greeted him, beads of sweat started to form on his forehead.
 

It actually scared him, what happened to Yoori reminded him of something from the past.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

☆☆♛☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Luhan woke up, he headed straight into the kitchen, wanting to fill his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter