03

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

One second Luhan was just seated in front of Ms. Kang in the dining hall but the next thing he knew... he was down the road driving the older woman's car and right beside him was the person he didn’t want to see at the moment nor he didn't want to be with, Yoori, who was casually ignoring him. How it happened so quickly he didn't know.  As far as he could remember this morning the older woman had asked him if he drives, of course he quickly piped in and answered a yes, proud that he got a hold of his license last winter break.  Ms. Kang then asked if he could help her with something... and that, he instantly agreed to do even though he didn't know what exactly that favor was. Upon being put in the situation, did he realize that he was so wrong at agreeing with the older woman.
 

Through his peripheral vision he could see that the girl was not as equally pleased as he was. Her head was tilted at the opposite direction, obviously not wanting to look at him or even his way.  In his mind he knew why the girl was so aloof and didn't talk one bit. He knew he was at fault and what happened the other night was just so wrong in every possible way. What he said on her face came back to him, hitting him square in the face. He managed to catch a glimpse of Yoori's glistened eyes last night and it bothered him. Somehow the girl’s fragility that moment arrested his senses and he pitied the girl and how vulnerable she was. He tried calling Yixing for help that night but the guy didn't answer his damn phone, so much for his offer of ‘call-me-when-you’re-in-trouble-and-I’ll-help-you’.
 

He regretted the way he had pointed out what the girl couldn't do, how incapable she had become. It was stupid to pick on her weakness but he was out of his mind last night, anger blinded him. He actually came up in his mind an effective apology but he was too prideful to start reconciling with her.
 

The intensity of the atmosphere was broken when they arrived at the hospital. The car has a built in map that Luhan used to locate their destination in the easiest way, Ms. Kang had taught him how to navigate the thing beforehand. Luhan was the first one out and headed at the trunk of the car to get Yoori’s wheelchair. There was nothing that the girl could do but to accept Luhan's help when he opened the door or she'd be stuck inside the car. She let the fellow carry her, however, throughout the process of getting her out of the car she wouldn't look at him. She stayed silent and her eyes were set in the distant.
 

Luhan wheeled her in, though she could do it by herself he refused to let her, of course he didn't directly tell her that but he just didn't let go of her wheelchair and started pushing her. Like what Ms. Kang instructed they boarded the elevator and went to doctor Jung 's office on the fifth floor.
 

Upon arriving at the doctor’s office he was instructed to wait outside. Killing some time he took out his phone and played with it, jabbing random keys. Waiting bored him out of his wits but the sudden vibration of his phone, he instantly took the call without reading the caller ID.
 

"Why did you call me last night?" Certainly, it was Yixing. His demanding tone annoyed Luhan. “Yah! Zhang Yixing what the heck were you doing when I need you?" He blurted out.
 

After Yoori’s appointment with doctor Jung, her therapist Luhan had escorted her out of the hospital doors and back in the car.

 

“What can I do to make it up to you?” In the midst of the tensed and awkward moment Luhan had spoken. His voice came out low but clear.  “I am sorry okay?” Looking at her would be hard so he gave his attention on the road ahead of them.
 

Yoori didn't respond, and Luhan was just not blessed with so much patience so snapping was just a normal thing for him. "You know what I said I am sorry okay? I am sorry! You're not deaf are you?" However, it did not result in any thing goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter