21

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan was seated on the floor when he threw his head back on the couch, hands slightly messing his already untamed brown locks. He was gazing at the ceiling, suddenly taking an interest up at the white hollow space. He didn't want to meet Yoori's eyes that he believed would reflect pure pity. That was the last thing he needed at the moment. It was the sole reason why he would not go around telling everyone about his past because he didn't want to receive sympathies from people, sympathies that were not really from the bottom of their hearts.

He took all the risk just to convince Yoori into letting him discover her past and Luhan expected that Yoori would ask for a compensation in return. And he knew all too well that although he prepared to reveal his past like what she did, he could not erase the wariness in his heart even after telling her what had happened in his childhood that created a new him.

In the middle of his musing a hand soothed his cold and tensed one. The small gesture made Luhan jolt and sit straight, finding Yoori by his side. The girl was holding his hand. She was tracing patterns on it and a small encouraging smile was playing on the side of her pale lips. "Luhan... it's okay." Her voice was gentle that made Luhan go weak and the next he knew was he was already on his knees and hugging her tightly.

"Yoori..."

"You can actually cry if it hurts too much…” With no trace of hesitation Yoori welcomed the lad into her arms. “Luhan I'll be here like how you're here for me." She softly whispered in Luhan’s ears, her hands soon came in contact with his back. She ran her hands on his back, gently soothing it like how she did it with his hand earlier. She didn’t find it weird that the older guy was suddenly hugging her. In fact, Yoori felt warm and fuzzy about the whole situation; him hugging her like his life depends on the mere touch.

“I never saw gege* after that… he didn’t come back after the incident.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

☆☆♛☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan breathed in the fresh morning air as he looked at the glory of what the early Busan scenery offers. The sun just rose but the warmth that it should bring was never felt by the young man because it was getting colder day by day, signifying that the warm season was about to end in no time. His stay was almost over too.

"Will you miss Busan?" Miss Kang appeared by his side, sporting casual clothes since it was a weekend and she didn't have to work. Startled by the sudden intrusion Luhan shifted carelessly onto his feet just to turn and look at Miss Kang.

The old woman let out a soft chuckle at the young boy’s clumsiness. Which Luhan returned with an awkward chuckle, a hand scratching the bag of his neck. He was looking right at the vast sea, avoiding another embarrassing episode when he noticed the changed of atmosphere around him and the older woman.

Miss Kang’s face turned serious all of a sudden and Luhan took notice of it when he shifted his eyes from the scenery to the motherly figure beside him. "Luhan I know you are not in good terms with your father... and I don't want to meddle with any of your businesses... it's just that he is sick and he needs you." Given a small amount of time, the older woman grew to care for the young man. For her, Luhan was no troublemaker, he may be sometimes rebellious but after all, he was just like any other teenagers who wanted attention and affection from their parents.

Luhan knew that Miss Kang was dead right and he could not live forever ignoring the fact that whatever happens, his father was still sick and Luhan was needed to be by his father’s side.

"I'll be back in two weeks so why go back earlier? Besides I promised Yoori that we'll go to the beach this Sunday." It may not be a good thing to reason out his promise to Yoori but there was no other reason for him to prolong his stay.

"You and my daughter are in good terms now huh? What happened while I was busy at work?"

It was just a question from a curious mother but Luhan felt slightly embarrassed and nervous for being questioned like that. "Nothing much." He simply answered shrugging the fast thumping of his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

☆☆♛☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

 

The weather had drastically changed when the two teenagers hit the road. It suddenly rained in the middle of their ride downtown. The pitter patter hitting the roof of the car lulled the girl to sleep while Luhan drove silently. It was not long before they reached their destination but the problem was how to get Yoori out without her getting drizzled by the rain.

Luhan gazed at the dark sky, hoping that the rain would soon stop to make way for their plans. "Let's wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter