Lie

Wedding Bouquet

 

Sehun opens her eyes slowly, adjust rays that shining brightly. Like the world welcoming her to take step on the new day. She walks to the balcony and opens the door slowly. She looks to the garden, she smiles unconsciously. Kris would pick her up; they would have breakfast at her home or tried café or restaurant they laid their eyes on.

          Her phone rings. Kai calls her.

          “Sehun-ah, I have something to tell you” Sehun nods, even she knows Kai doesn’t see her gesture. The other must realize she waits for her too spill it out.

          “Thank you, Kai” She says. Sehun closes her eyes and calms herself down. It’s too much for her.

“Sehun-ah”

She averts her gaze, her mother brings tray of food for her. She puts the tray at the table on Sehun’s bedroom. She sees the luggage is ready. She makes her way to Sehun’s place and brings her daughter to her embrace. They don’t let single words, they don’t need it. She pulls away, holds Sehun hands. Her daughter in front of her, she doesn’t know what she shall say. She still remembers how fragile she was when she slept in her arms. She is no longer the baby; she becomes beautiful lady with honor. As mother she has the right to blame Kris, she has the right to be mad, but she can’t bring herself to erase spark in Sehun’s eyes. The sparks in her eyes, she can see hope, sincerity, faith, and the almost sadness thing love that she gives and has for Kris.

“Be strong” That’s all she says. Sehun nods her head. Her mother turns her back, she can’t see her face or she will break in tears.

          Sehun checks her appearance; no one will deny she is beautiful. She doesn’t give a damn for what they said. Kris never complains about her appearance, Kris always like what she dressed on.

“I like a girl who can cook, good manner, and treat us well” She remembers it.

Cooking? It’s not her field, but she is more capable than Kris so it’s okay for both of them. At least she didn’t almost burn down the kitchen.

Good manner? Her family raises her well and for sure Kris has eyes on her attitude as well.

Treat everyone well? She is brat, but she knows where she stands, when, who she faces, what occasion she in, and how she should acts.

She opens her wardrobe, search for jacket or coat to use. It’s still morning and cold enough. She needs something to make her warm. Her eyes land on black trench coat in the back of her wardrobe. She traces her finger along the material. She takes the trench coat and smells the scent. Cinnamon and musk….. Kris.

Sehun worked till late, her boss needed the file for tomorrow meeting. She told Kris, he didn’t need to ride her home. 10 p.m, she greeted the security and walked to the outside. She was about to call taxi, when she saw Kris stood outside the building. Kris smiled to her and walked to her direction. Sehun shook his head, she touched her arms to make her warm.

“I told you, don’t have to ride me home” She rolled her eyes. They walked to Kris’s car. Sehun jolted when Kris put his trench coat on Sehun’s shoulders. Sehun froze for a while. She didn’t realize Kris had opened the door for her.

“Come on, it’s really cold” He whined. Sehun smiled a bit and ran to the car.

          She still remember how they argue about the trench coat, she said she wanted it so bad. It’s Dior special trench coat. Kris said it’s his favorite, but in the end he gave up. Both of them knew it was just lame excuse, but pretended that way. Actually, she didn’t care about the Dior thing; she liked the smell of Kris’ scent.

          “Sehun-ah….. Luhan is here” Sehun puts the trench coat and grabs her bag. Before she closes the door, she sees their picture inside the wedding bouquet.

I’ll find you

          Luhan blinks his eyes couple time. He shakes his head and acts calm when Sehun approaches him.

          “I guess you’re ready. Come on” Luhan says all smiley. Sehun kisses her mother and father cheeks before follows Luhan to outside. Luhan brings Sehun to their favorite café in the past.

          “Do you still remember this café?” Sehun nods her head, she doesn’t wait Luhan to open the door for her.

          The bell ring chimed, sign another customer or customers. Some teenagers squealed when they see Luhan. Gain another attention from the other customers. Boys and also man customer averts their gaze immediately when Sehun follows Luhan behind.The girls don’t like it Sehun steals their boyfriend attention. Luhan smirks slightly, he waits for Sehun choses place she wants. Sehun takes table that’s far enough from the other customers, Luhan sits in front of her. The waiter comes with the menu. He gives them polite smile. Luhan can see how the waiter smiles too much. Luhan touches Sehun’s hand, she takes her hand. The waiter suppresses a laugh. Luhan fakes a cough and glares to the waiter. The waiter looks down pretend he sees nothing.

          “Sehun, what do you want?”

          Sehun reads the menu for a while. The waiter waits patiently for her order.

          “Plain coffee, please” She smiles a bit. Luhan frowns, but shrugs it off. Maybe her preference has changed, but something clicks in his mind.

          “That’s Kris favorite” He says dryly. Sehun takes deep breathe, she senses jealously in Luhan’s tone.

          “Sorry, its habit I developed for years to have plain coffee even just tastes it a bit every day. Well, maybe Kris involved for this case” Sehun wants to remove all negative think in her mind to Luhan, but the last words from Kris always lingers. She wants to prove that’s what she thinks is wrong.

Luhan take care her for me. Makes she smiles, makes she happy, makes she laughs. I pray for you two. I will always love you two. KRIS

          Sehun never tell Kris about Luhan so from whom he knew about their past relationship. Where Kris got the idea that Luhan can make her happy. Why Kris decided to leave her.

The waiter comes bring their ordered and served it in front of them.  “Enjoy your drink. If you need anything else just give me sign. I’ll come here”

          “Thank you” She smiles warmly.

The waiter leaves them and back behind the counter. Sehun ships her coffee, let the bitter fills . She takes deep breathe, it will be awkward situation and she knows what will cost of her next word.

          “Tell me the truth. Tell me what you did before Kris left” Her stare bore to Luhan’s eyes.

          “What do you mean?” Luhan feels uncomfortable suddenly.

          “I never tell Kris about us. No one knows about us except Kai and my friends. I can tell you they never open their mouths to Kris. They know really well how I hate others interfere to my life. How could Kris know about us? And how could he got the idea you would bring happiness to me? Did you do this on purpose?” She needs it; she needs to get on Luhan’s nerve.

          “I’m not that low Sehun” Luhan looks straight to her eyes.

          “Just tell me, Luhan” She says desperately.

Kai is the one who tell Sehun how he can’t believe Luhan after he heard Luhan’s conversation with someone named Chanyeol. It’s just coincident; he is there in the Chinese restaurant to buy what her mother wants for lunch. He saw Luhan there and what made him suspicious was Luhan looked around as if he didn’t want people saw he was there. Lucky, Kai used his cap.

“You’re bastard, Luhan. I can’t believe you still have face to come here. I tried to believe that you won’t do that, but I guess I was wrong. You knew Kris and Sehun relationship even before the invitation came” Chanyeol threw map in his hand to Luhan’s face. Luhan eyes widened when he saw the pictures inside the map.

“Chanyeol, I can explain it” There were Sehun and Kris’s pictures.

“No, Luhan. You can lie to everyone, but not to me. You told Kris about Sehun and your past, no one would do this without purpose, Luhan. Do you think it’s normal for man to tell soon-to-be-husband of his ex-girlfriend this matter? Kris didn’t tell me, but the night after he was drunk and let everything out. I warned you not to come here in the first place”

          “Chanyeol, I swear I didn’t want it to happen”

“You can’t fool me around. I know everything you do. Don’t make me turn you down, Luhan. I don’t want to see your face anymore”

Chanyeol walked away. They didn’t know Kai heard everything.

          “Do you know ……”

          “Sehun” Sehun turns her back and sees Kai is there. Kai is walking to their table.

          “Kai what are you doing here?”

          “We need to get your visa today. Your mother tells me you go out with Luhan. I guess your visa is more important, right?” Kai glares to Luhan slightly. Without wait for Sehun agreement, Kai grabs Sehun wrist and drags her outside.

          Kai drags Sehun to his car. Kai sighs and leans his back.

          “Have you told Luhan about Chanyeol?”

          “I was about to tell him, but then you came”

          “Good, don’t tell him anything. We don’t know about them. Luhan, Kris, Chanyeol know each other. I’m not sure, but I guess it’s better to pretend we know nothing”

          “Do you understand, Sehun?”

          “Yes, Kai. I understand”