The Stranger 1

Wedding Bouquet

Se In said "come in" softly giving permission to enter the room. She had book on her laps, Jaejoong brought her several books and magazines to spend her time with. It was no fun to stay here and took rest, but without the older man around she couldn't go outside even to the hospital ground. She found it overwhelming being around strangers. The man practically was stranger as well. She averted her gaze to the door and saw Myungsoo stepped in. She had been informed by Jaejoong that Myungsoo was her other older brother. They were not close, that Jaejoong said. However, it was only natural when they were only siblings because of adoption. Still, Se In felt she should at least recognize some feelings. She didn't feel anything toward the two. Jaejoong assured her it would be fine. Nevertheless, she couldn't srugh it off. 

"Do you sleep well?" It was Myungsoo who broke the silence.

 

"Yes, I got beautiful sleep" She smiled. Myungsoo chuckled, shook his head. Se In raised her eyebrows to him. Tilted hee head slightly to the right. 

"Sorry, that's stupid question. It's only proper to answer a phrase with phrase. Thus, make it no wonder we tell lie almost every day. My question is same as how are you and the answer will be I am fine, how about you" He explained. Se In smiled this time, Myungsoo took a seat on the chair beside her bed. The one Jaejoong used every time he visited her.

"I am Kim Myungsoo your older brother. Jaejoong had informed you that, right?" 

"Jaejoong-oppa informed me that much. It's quite taken me back to know you are my brother" She widened her eyes, her cheeks aflame.

"I mean I ever met you and you were doctor that time" She added fast.

"I am a doctor, surgeon precisely. I am sorry that time was quite hard to accept news of ..... Never mind, forget that. I work at Seoul National University Hospital, sometime I play role as lecturer and photographer on some occasion" Se In was grateful that Myungsoo didn't bring the fact to the surface of her losing memory again. He placed something on her laps, she didn't saw the man brought camera bag along with him. 

"Want to go outside? I bring Canon EOS 60D, not the best of my collections, but it is quite good. How about we take a shoot of the scenery around the hospital? Samsung Medical Center was known for its best medical treatment, but I believe it is also provide beautiful scenery even it's most likely buildings. He laughed slightly. 

"I would love to do that. Thank you" She grinned to him.

_________________________

Gyuri stood beside the tall glass window. It was her new office, she replaced Lu Han for the time needed. She never thought she would face them again after years. She sighed remembering the coincident meet with her father and step brother.

"We have arrange the meeting for tomorrow. They want to discuss the progress of the latest project the company have with Beiheng Company" Minyoung informed her. She took the document she gave to her. She read the detail while they were walking to the restaurant close to one of hotel chains she had to check. She nodded her head, there was nothing wrong in the progress report she was currently reading. 

"I doubt it has something to do with Beiheng" She concluded and smiled, the board directors were in dilution, if they thought she would resigned from her post on count of 2 weeks. 

"Nothing to worry about it. It is only their way to make you feel kind of undeserving for this position. Lu Han was familiar with their scheme like the back of his hand" Minyoung supplied. Gyuri's smile faltered, brought Lu Han up in conversation did this thing to her. 

"He will....." Minyoung's word were cut off by older man who shouted Gyuri's name.

"Gyuri" Gyuri's eyes widened, but her expression changed fast to the polite smile. It was awkward to say the least, the man who Minyoung recognized as Park Seongjun, the CEO of Park Inc was not alone he was with his son, Park Chanyeol, Gyuri's step brother and a man who seemed like his personal assistant. The P.A. whispered something to the CEO before he stepped back behind.

"Would you like to join us for luncheon?" Asked the CEO, it was not the ideal time, but Minyoung could do nothing. It was up to Gyuri, she was the one who would be on center of attention.

"It would be nice" Gyuri replied.

She massaged her forehead. The luncheon was fine, slightly awkward, but it could be categorized as good time. Her father only brought neutral issues and she was grateful of his thoughtfulness. 

"Come in" She said when hears a knock on the door. Minyoung came to view, her hands werw occupied with two cups of coffee. She smiled and took the coffee from her hand, muttering small thank in the process. 

"Minyoung, can I go home earlier? I want to check on Lu Han" She knew it most likely would be vain to ask, she want to try though.

"I will come earlier so I can go back earlier" Gyuri added fast.

"You know that's not the way its work. I had told you from the start, what's the responsibility entail of this position. You are the CEO, being pointed directly by Lu Han's grandfather till Lu Han can take the position back" Gyuri looked down, ashame of her childlike action. She felt a pat on her shoulder, squeezed it in comforting way.

"Lu Han did anything as he wished, it put him in many difficult situation. He needs you to clean the mess he left. If I can, I will do this myself. However, it will be impossible" Minyoung looked to the scene in front of their eyes, the high buildings decorate the city. 

"You had graduated and hold Bachelor and Master degree from the finest business school Stanford University shouted the best education, you come from wealthy and well-known family. You have it on you, Gyuri. You are capable. I may make excellent addition when it comes to reprimand Lu Han, but I know where I am lacking at" Gyuri felt pang on her heart, Minyoung was woman with pride, for her to admit defeat was hard blow. 

"There is something I want to ask you. Why do you choose this life? Many won't hesitate to be Park Gyuri, the daughter of CEO Park Seunjong" Gyuri didn't need to think for long time to find the right answer.

"He save me from my self destruction plan. If it's not for Lu Han who bought me for high price, I might end up as e. Hard to believe? Lu Han gave me friendship, yes sometimes he used my body, but Lu Han never forced himself on me. Lu Han may not the gentlest person, he acts on his feeling, he is kind of jerk, but when you see past of it you will find a small child craves for attention. Lu Han was being forced to be mature, right? There is a time when pressures and expectations are too much for him to handle. I never mind he uses me. I am willing to do that" Gyuri answered calmly. She inhaled the coffee scent and smiled. 

"He was practically stranger, but now he becomes my first priority. He took me without questioning, he didn't do background check on me, he respected my explanation. Lu Han never knew I was Park Chanyeol's step sister" Gyuri looked to Minyoung, trying to coax some expression or comment from her. She didn't, Gyuri decided to continue.

"Lu Han never hurt me intentionally. I never say no to him. I want to put smile on his face. I know it sounds stupid, but Lu Han is the only one I have" Gyuri looked away and hid the tears that began gathered on her eyes, didn't want Minyoung to see it. 

"We can go home earlier today" Minyoung said before left her alone one more time.

________________________

 Chanyeol signed the last document his secretary handed to him. He laid his head on the desk afterward. Doojoon chuckled, it was long day for Chanyeol. His boss told him about the awkward luncheon. It was not coincident, CEO Park had heard the news of his long gone daughter who suddenly came back as the CEO of L&K Corp. Miss Park Gyuri frequented the restaurant, it was close to L&K Headquarter. The interesting thing was the former CEO's personal assistant was also her personal assistant. They didn't know anything yet about the circumstances between the reappearance and the relationship with L&K. 

"Have you got news about Kris where about?" Chanyeol asked of sudden. Doojoon shook his head and offered apologetic smile. 

"Hyung, in less than a month I feel like my energy have been off of my body. Lu Han and Kris, we were good friends. We supposedly support and protect each other. I can't believe our friendship was destroyed because of woman" Chanyeol said while closing his eyes.

"It's irony. Kris disappeared, Lu Han....." He left the words unsaid. He didn't know where Lu Han was. 

"Hyung, I know it has nothing to do with it. Sometime I judt wondering why everyone around me always get hurt?" Doojoon had not certain of this question or exclaim.

"Gyuri-noona must hate me, the son of her father mistress. My biological mother left me after she got the money in exchange of her own son. And Tiffany, Yoona..... I can't believe Yoona forgave me for doing this to her" Doojoon wait for Chanyeol to finish his sentence.

"Hyung, I......" His sentence cut abruptly when he heard a new notification of new message on his mobile application. He smiled, Yoona sent him a picture of Mingyu, playing on the garden. He widened his eyes when he saw the background and saw 

"Sehuna" He whispered.

"Hyung" His voice urgent and made Doojoon walked fast to his side.

"She is alive. It's Oh Sehuna" He dialed Yoona's phone using his office phone.

"Where are you two?" He asked his wife. Yoona told him that they were in the Samsung Medical Center for Mingyu's appointment with the dentist. Chanyeol said he would be there. Yoona seemed taken back, but she said they would be waiting for him. Mingyu laughed on behind when he heard his father would be there.

"Please, clear my schedule for today. Tell Gikwang to replace me for the today's luncheon with Mr. Lee. I am going to SMC" Chanyeol said while grabbing his coat. Doojoon followed him after gave notice to the chauffeur to prepare the car for them.