Midnight

Wedding Bouquet

 

Sehun takes a glance to the clock. It’s already 1 a.m, she can’t close her eyes even just a second. She gets up from the bed and walks to the balcony. It’s already 3 days after Kris left her. She smiles bitterly; the balcony is one of her favorite place. Kris ever climbed to the balcony at night, she still remember it really well, she still can’t believe Kris would do that, she still remember Kris waved to her and disappeared in the edge of the block. Their first balcony time was at Sehun’s 3rd year. 

Flashback

Sehun heard something from outside of the balcony. She was afraid, but really curious. She took a glance to the bedside clock, it’s already 1 a.m. What if it is a robe or thief or or…..

Her thought interrupted by another loud bang from the outside. She walked to the balcony and opened the door, her pupil widened when she saw stone came to her direction. Thank for her fast reflect, she could hear gasp from below. She glared to the man was standing awkwardly in their garden.

“Are you crazy?” She shouted to him. The man just gave her peace sign. Sehun couldn’t believe herself how could she end up agreeing to date the man.

Thank a lot to her best friend, Kai.

“We just know for 4 months and you already want to kill me, Kris?” She muttered.

She took deep breathe and walked inside, she could see Kris widened his eyes even from far. What another else reaction you can think?

“Sehun wait” Kris shouted. Kris shouted was enough to make the neighbor’s dog barked.

“Great. What’s next?” She mumbled.

Knock… Knock….

“Sehun dear. Are you sleeping?” Sehun hold her breathe. She prayed her mother didn’t check inside.

“Come on, maybe it’s just your imagination. You know our neighbor’s dog always barks even though at night”

“But…. I heard someone shout Sehun before”

“Maybe you’re too tired. Let’s just sleep. I’m sure Sehun is already sleeping right now”

Sehun didn’t know how long she holds her breathe.

She turned around and glared to Kris. The said man was shifting back and ford. Sehun closed her face with both of her hands.

Her balcony was too high to climb and nope she wouldn’t let Kris climbed to the balcony as well.

She used her elbows to lean on the fence. Kris grinned when he saw that. It’s comfortable for them both. Sehun heard her phone’s ring. She grabbed the phone on her bedside.

“Silly” She smiled. She back to her former position.

“Why are you still wake, Sehuna?” Sehun snorted after heard how silly question Kris gave.

“It’s that a good question after you ruin my peaceful dream in this damn midnight?” Sehun said sarcastically.

“Language, please and yes sorry for ruin your sleep” Kris said in slight of guilty. Sehun sensed that and felt guilty.

“N-No. I haven’t sleep so don’t be sorry. Anyway, why do you here? Are you must at your dorm with Xiumin-hyung?” Sehun tried to change the conversation. She could see Kris’s smile. Kris was there under the balcony, sat and faced Sehun.

Sehun thanked her choice to used pajama instead of robe. Well, she wasn’t fans of robe like her other friends.

“Sehuna, tomorrow ehm my mother ehm… she wants to ehm….” Sehun knew Kris a year ago because of her friends forced her to stalk Kris with them. She couldn’t believe she was just giving up to her friends. They almost got caught for stalking him, but thank God didn’t letting her suffered for embracement. Hell yah, she was 17 years old still on 2nd grade of high school and stalking a 3rd year college student. Nope, she would rather die if got caught. What she didn’t predicted was Kris actually Taeyeon eonni boyfriend’s friend, Xiumin hyung.

Back to this moment, Kris was really nervous and surprised Sehun because since 4 months their so called “terrible match making ever” Kai loved to call. She knew really well Kris was someone that wouldn’t have doubt and confidence enough at everything he does.

“Just tell me” Sehun said in calm voice.

“Mymotherwanttotalktoyou. I’vealreadytellherthatwearejustfriend,butshestillforcemethatshewantstoknowyou”

“Kris, slow down. I can’t catch your fully if you are just blabbering. Takes deep breathe and tell me when you calm enough, okay?”

“Okay” He mumbled. Sehun wanted to laughed, but she suppressed it. She didn’t want make Kris more uncomfortable.

“My mom said she wants to talk to you on phone. Tomorrow she’ll call me, if you don’t mind, Can you talk to her?” Kris said. Sehun thought for a while, but before she talked Kris added.

“It’s okay if you don’t want. I understand, it’ll be totally awkward for you. We’re not …..”

“It’s my pleasure. I’ll be happy to talk to her. When your mother will call you then?” Sehun could see Kris smiled widely and unconsciously she smiled back.

“I’ll pick you up after your school end. Is it okay?”

“Yes. I’ll text you”

Kris watched his wristwatch. It was already 2.15 a.m. He blinked couple time. He messed his dark brown lock and splashed smile to Sehun.

“I guess I take your time to long that I need. Ehm… It’s cold outside you better go inside before caught a cold”

“Yea” She said.

“I better go now. See you this afternoon” Kris stood and waited for Sehun to go inside, but Sehun didn’t move from his position.

“I thought you will go inside first” Kris said.

“You go first. I just don’t want you make another chaos by stumble down on stone and make the dog barks” She teased.

Kris nodded and left the garden of Oh’s. They still didn’t end the phone line.

Kris waved to Sehun by using his phone. Sehun heard message ringtone from her phone.

“Sleep tight, Sehuna. Meet you at our other date this afternoon. Hahaha”

She wanted to text back and said sarcastic, but she hold back. She knew it’s just Kris way to make her comfortable around him.

Date is still too far for us, Kris.

------------------------------

Sehun opens her eyes to find her face stained by tears. She wipes the tears away. She needs to be strong. Sehun closes the door and comes inside. She has already packed her stuff on luggage. Sehun takes the frame of her graduation picture, Sehun’s high school graduation. Sehun takes other pictures from her drawer. There are other graduation pictures Kris’ undergraduate graduation, Kris’ magister graduation, and Sehun’s undergraduate graduation. Sehun really loves their picture in her high school graduation because it’s first time she was realize that she willingly welcoming Kris to her live and first time allows herself to feel happiness after the day Luhan left her without word.

Sehun places the graduation picture beside the wedding bouquet. She doesn’t want to throw the bouquet so her mother helps her to drying it instead. Taeyeon bought her glass box to place it. Her family didn’t mention single thing about Kris left. She thanks them to act normal, but she also feel sorry.

She touches the glass box with her fingers.

Kris, I wish it isn’t the last memory I can have with you. I wish it isn’t the last thing you give to me.

She checks her phone, she smiles when see Kai’s messages. Sehun rests her tired body on the bed.

God, please protect him wherever he is. Please, give me Your strength till the end. Amin

With that she closes her eyes and forgets real life for a while before she meets Luhan at morning.