The List

Love Sick

Author's POV

"Shut up, Sandeul. Hyojin is sleeping..." Jinyoung whispered loudly, throwing a bundled up piece of paper at Sandeul.

 

" But, Hyung..." Sandeul sniffed, lowering the journal from his face, revealing his red and tearful eyes. Jinyoung's anger turned to amusment as he laughed at the appearance of his friend, quietly in doing so, in order to prevent waking up Hyojin who was sleeping on her hospital bed right next to him.

"Maybe you shouldn't be reading that, it's not yours." Jinyoung suggested.

"Yeah, Deullie. Isn't that a diary or something?" Baro reached his hand out, attempting to grab the journal. But, Sandeul quickly pulled away the journal from his reach, instead shoving it into Jinyoung's arms.

"Please, Hyung! Read!" Sandeul pouted. Jinyoung sighed, lowering his head to read the page Sandeul directed him to. It was a list that was written in blue.

Things I wish to do before I die:

1. Meet a famous person.

2. Finally meet my father, and sing a song to him.

3. Donate a thousand dollars to the orphanage.

4. Go to Jeju island.

5. Make friends outside of the hospital.

6. Get a boyfriend.

7. Go on a namsan tower date with my boyfriend.

8. Have my first kiss with someone special.

9. Spend a whole night outside the hospital.

10. Leave the hospital freely, without sneaking out.

This a list of things I wish to do before I die. I know I don't have much longer... so if I can atleast accomplish these things, then I will be happy.

Jinyoung lifted his read after he was done reading, shocked. Hyojin wrote this..? He thought. Baro grabbed the journal out of Jinyoung's hands, reading it for himself. "W-We have to help her, please Hyung! We must help her complete this list!" Sandeul pleaded. He began bawling his eyes out, wiping his tears with his sleeve. Jinyoung sighed deeply.

"What exactly do you mean by helping? I thought you hated Hyojin, Sandeul." Jinyoung whispered loudly. Sandeul rapidly shook his head.

"I feel bad for her now! I didn't know she was sick... Please, Hyung! Atleast take her out for a date. At namsan tower, like she wishes!" Sandeul tugged at Jinyoung's sleeve, like a small child.

Jinyoung thought for a moment, thinking long and hard for what he should do. Finally, he nodded his head. 

"Fine." He reluctantly said, crossing his arms. Sandeul cheered quietly in glee, clapping his hands together like a hyperactive seal.

Even though Jinyoung agreed to help her, he really doesn't want to. He barely knows this girl. Yet, now that he's agreed to this, Sandeul won't let him back out. "But," Sandeul stopped clapping, to listen to his hyung. Jinyoung sighed, shaking his head. "I'm not going to be her boyfriend. And I won't go to Namsan Tower with her as a 'date'. Sandeul, I barely know this girl." Jinyoung said sternly. "Why don't you just take her?"

"Aniyo!" Sandeul whined, like a baby. "Besides, your famous and good looking. Hyojin would definitely prefer you more than me." Sandeul said seriously. Even though he said he doesn't like Hyojin, Jinyoung can still hear a hint of jealously in his voice.

"I don't know Sandeul. She might like you already. Haven't you been talking to her on the internet?" Jinyoung asked, and raised an eyebrow.

Sandeul scoffed, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "N-No way... plus, it would be too awkward. I can't talk to her the same way as I did before. I'm not as smooth in real life as I am on the internet." He admitted.

Jinyoung grinned at his honesty, turning his to face to look at Hyojin. "How did this frail girl steal the wallet? And outrun you.." Jinyoung chuckled.

Sandeul frowned, and shrugged. "I really have no idea. That girl can run really fast for some reason. I guess she's used to running away from people or something. And speaking of the wallet." Sandeul sat up from his chair, searching the near by drawer and cabinet next to her bed. "Where do you think she's hiding it?"

Baro got up and began to help Sandeul. They really have no care for her privacy. Jinyoung thought. But, sooner or later, Jinyoung eventually joined in on Badeul's search.

He really wants to find this wallet before he leaves. Jinyoung doesn't need another thousand dollars out the window.

"Ew!" Sandeul yelled, throwing a green tiny package across the floor.

"What?" Jinyoung asked, annoyed. Jinyoung got up from his crouched position, walking over to pick up the mystery package Sandeul threw. He raised it to his face, examining it closely. "Tampax pearl?" 

After a few moments of hard thinking, Jinyoung finally released what the package contained. His face glowed red from embarrassment, as he threw it at Sandeul's face. "Dude... look for her wallet and not through her tampons will you?" Jinyoung mumbled, sitting back on the chair next to Hyojin's bed.

"I-I wasn't purposely looking for it!" Sandeul pouted, his head peeking into the drawers. Suddenly, Baro reached his hand into one of the drawers, pulling out lacy underwear. Baro wolf-whistled, waving it in the air.

"Oh my. Who knew a innocent-looking girl would own such provacative underwear? Maybe she's actually naughty." Baro chuckled, his eyes glued on to the undergarments.

Jinyoung, owning the most erted mind, shot up from his seat. "Yah! Baro!" Jinyoung yelled, grabbing the underwear from Baro's hands. "Look for the wallet!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hyojin POV

These guys are so loud.... 

I buried my head under the pillow, attempting to mute them out. After about 5 more minutes of yelling, I can't tolerate it anymore. I would rather sleep in peace.

"YAH! Shut u-u-u-up..."

---

I shrieked loudly. Jinyoung, Sandeul, and that other guy all turned towards me, their mouths hanging open. "What do you think you're doing, you ert!"

I grabbed my underwear out of Jinyoung's hands, holding it close to my chest. "Why are you looking through there?!" I snapped, smacking Jinyoung's shoulder repeatedly.

"H-Hey! I was taking it away from them..." Jinyoung muttered, eyeing the two boys. I turned to look at Sandeul and the other guy, and they were smiling sheepishly at me.

I looked down, and I noticed not only were they searching through my drawers, they seemed to have read though my journal as well.

I eyed the journal in Sandeul's hand. Once he realized I was staring, he quickly swiped it behind his back, awkwardly whistling. "You read it, didn't you?" I asked, in a serious tone.

Sandeul rubbed the back of his neck, as he shamefully nodded his head. "My bad..." He muttered, tossing the book onto her lap. 

I sighed deeply, as I flipped through the pages of the journal. "It's not that big of a deal. Iv'e never showed this to anyone. You guys are the first one to see this besides myself. You must think it's stupid, huh?" I smirk. I grip the edges of the journal tightly, as I averted my sight away from Jinyoung's wandering eyes. Suddenly, Jinyoung lightly patted my head, and I jumped a little from the sudden contact.

"It's not stupid." Jinyoung smiled sweetly, as he leaned closer to examine the cover of the journal. His head was next to mine, and his cheeks slightly brush against mine from time to time.

 I barely know him, so it would be normal to be uncomfortable. But, Jinyoung doesn't seem to really mind. But, I think any girl would melt with a guy this good looking close to them. I opened my mouth to say something. "Did you guys happen to see--" 

"The list?" The other guy suddenly butted in. All eyes were on the guy. He was leaning against the wall, and his eyes were glued to the screen of his phone. I still don't know his name. He looks like a Earl to me. "We all saw it. Why'd you make it? I mean, that's alot of stuff. When do you think you'll finish it? I know you wanted to complete it before you die."

"Baro!" Sandeul and Jinyoung yelled in unison.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV

How can Baro be so rude? Jinyoung thought, as he stood up from his chair. He was about to confront him, but Hyojin lightly placed her hand on his shoulder, as she shook her head. "It's alright." Hyojin chuckled.

Jinyoung slowly began to calm down, and sat back down in his seat. "Sorry..." Baro apologized meekly, as he twiddled his thumbs. Hyojin grabbed the journal out of Sandeul's hand, then layed back in her hospital bed.

"Like I said, it's okay Bora-sshi." Hyojin grinned, grabbing a pen off the nightstand. Sandeul tried hard to maintain a straight face. Bora... Sandeul thought, as his body made little shakes from his silent chuckles.

"It's Baro." Baro quickly corrected her. Sandeul burst out in laughter, and Baro smacked him in the back of the head to shut him up. 

"Oh... my bad." Hyojin smiled sheepishly, as she took the cap off her pen. Jinyoung watched as she drew a line through the first and third sentence on her list. 

1. Meet a famous person. 

3. Donate a thousand dollars to the orphanage.

"What are you doing, Hyojin-sshi?" Baro asked, as he stood up from the ground. Hyojin turned her journal around, so that the pages were facing him. 

"Crossing out my first and third wish." Hyojin stated proudly, a bright smile pasted onto her face. "This is progress."

Jinyoung and Baro were both standing next to her bed, as they started up a conversation without Deullie. Sandeul was alone in the corner next to Hyojin's drawers. I don't like her. Sandeul thought, as he played on his phone.

Ever since they met each other in real life, Sandeul decided he dislikes Hyojin's rambunctious and playful personality. But, everytime he sees her cute smile, Sandeul is always tempted to make a move like he does on every other pretty girl.

Usually, this personality would be Sandeul's ideal type. But, it belonging to Hyojin, the one that caused him many forms of stress and physical pain, he convinced himself Hyojin is not his type of girl.

"If you're not allowed out of the hospital, how were you able to be at the bakery the night you stole Jinyoung's wallet?" Baro asked.

Sandeul looked up, and listened on to their conversation.

He's been wondering the same thing for a while.

---

Hyojin hesitated for a moment before answering Baro's sudden question. At first, she wasn't sure if she should tell him the truth. After all, she's telling him and Jinyoung some details about her hospital life. Hyojin has just met them a few hours ago. But, in the end, she decided to tell them anyway. It won't do much harm. "Um, that night I sneaked out of the hospital.." Hyojin mumbled quietly, her eyes wandering the room.

"Isn't that bad for your body? You know, to be wandering around for long lengths of time." Jinyoung chimed in, a hint of concern glinted in his fox eyes. Hyojin shrugged. She pointed to a wheelchair parked in the corner of the room opposite from Sandeul.

"Well, it's not exactly the best thing to be doing.... Usually, when I want to wander around the hospital, with the workers' permission, I would wheel myself around on that. But, I much rather walk. It's kind of bad for me to walk though. I get dizzy rather quickly." Hyojin explained, as she placed her journal on the nightstand.

"But!" Sandeul yelled from across the room. All their attention directed towards Sandeul. "You ran away from me alot of times! If walking makes you sick, how does running affect you?"

Hyojin raised an eyebrow, as she played with her hospital bracelet. "Well, Sandeul-sshi. When you get really dizzy, what happens after that?" 

Sandeul pondered for a moment. "You... throw up?" He answered meekly. Hyojin pulled a No-really face at him, as she giggled at his reaction. 

"Speaking of the wallet," Baro joined in. "Where is it?"

Hyojin gasped, as she reached her hand under her matress. "I nearly forgot. Thanks for reminding me, Boro-sshi." Hyojin said, as she handed the wallet to Jinyoung.

"It's Baro..." Baro muttered.

Jinyoung opened up the wallet, as he closely examined the pockets. He checked to make sure his credit card and driving license was there. And, it was. Jinyoung sighed in relief, as he stashed the wallet in his back pocket. "Jinyoung-sshi, I'm really,really sorry. Honestly, I usually have no pity after stealing someone's wallet. But, now that I know how it's like on the other side, I feel really bad. Sorry for giving so much money away too..." Hyojin apologized with a heavy heart, as she repeatedly bowed at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung just sat there for a while, staring at her. But, his frown slowly curved into a smile. Jinyoung shook his head. "It's okay."

Sandeul and Baro's mouth dropped from Jinyoung's reaction. They expected him to freak out, and yell. His cool and calm demeanor is the last thing they expected. Jinyoung is not the type of person to forgive and forget easily. Badeul don't understand his odd behavior, but Jinyoung knows.

Jinyoung feels pity for Hyojin. He can't really bring himself to yell at her, even for what she has done. From what it seems, Hyojin has alot of difficulties going on in her life. Jinyoung doesn't want to make her more upset. 

"You're--you're going to just forgive me like that?" Hyojin scoffed in disbelief. 

Jinyoung simply nodded. "Yeah." He said in a low voice. "Is that bad?"

Hyojin rapidly shook her head. "No no. It's great. I just thought you would snap at me." 

Suddenly, Jinyoung and Hyojin's conversation reminded Sandeul of something important. Atleast, to him and Hyojin it is. Sandeul whispered into Baro's ear, explaining his secret plan to him. Baro did an okay sign at him, as Baro swiftly wrapped his arm around Jinyoung's shoulder.

"Hyojin-sshi! I forgot to tell you," Baro hummed. Jinyoung gave Baro a wierd look. "Jinyoung wanted to take you out on a date!"