Pretty....

Love Sick

 

Author POV

Hyojin sat upright in her bed, as she paitently waited for the nurse to enter the room with the phone, as she has been doing every Friday of every week. Each time, Hyojin secretly hopes it's Jinyoung. Everytime, it is, but only to call to cancel their plans because of his conflicting schedule. Hyojin has been waiting for months for Jinyoung to finally visit her on his free time. The first time they arranged to have their friendly date, Jinyoung had to cancel because he needed to attend a variety show. That was the first time he had to cancel. But, then it happened the next week. Then the week after that, and the week after that. It continued to repeat until it has been 2 months. Finally, today, they will break that cycle.

"Hyojin, phone call." Nurse park entered the room, then handed the phone to Hyojin's frail hands. Nurse Park left the room to mend the other paitents.

"Hello..?" Hyojin nervously answered. Once the low voice responded back, Hyojin's pink lips curved into a smile.

"Hey, Hyojin!" Jinyoung greeted in an unusual chirpy manner. "Guess what?"

"Bwoh?" Hyojin hummed. 

"I can come by today--"

"Come by right now!" Hyojin squealed in delight. "Hurry, hurry!"

"Okay okay." Jinyoung groaned. There we go, grumpy Jinyoung! Hyojin wierdly prefers him this way. It's like happy Jinyoung is a completely different person. "Be paitent until I get there, okay?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author POV

Jinyoung walked inside Hyojin's room, only to reveal the oblivious Hyojin, who had headphones over her ears as she typed away on her laptop. Jinyoung flopped down on the floor, as he dragged himself across the floor until he was beside the bed.  Then, he got into a crouched position so that Hyojin can only see Jinyoung nose-up. Once she finally realized he was there, Hyojin screamed in surprise and pushed Jinyoung by instinct. "Y-Yah!" Hyojin yelled, while she frantically took the laptop off her lap, as she leaned in to meet Jinyoung's eyes. "When did you get here?!"

"Oh, just a moment ago." Jinyoung snickered. "Anyways, what are you doing? You seem to have been really engrossed into whatever you were just looking at." Jinyoung reached his hand to grab Hyojin's laptop, but she quickly shut it; smashing his fingers in the process. 

"Ow!" Jinyoung lifted the laptop off his fingers, as he recoiled away in pain. "Yah-- watch out will you!" he snapped. Hyojin lightly grabbed Jinyoung's hand into hers, and caressed in an attempt to comfort him. It was awkward-yet-soothing. "Gross." Jinyoung pulled away, then crossed his arms. 

"I'm sorry." Hyojin sighed. "It was just... don't look at my laptop."

"Why? What were you doing?" Jinyoung asked, and sat on his designated chair. 

"Just stuff." Hyojin simply answered. She doesn't want Jinyoung to find out what she was actually doing. It's too embarrassing to tell anyone. The only person that would probably understand is Sandeul, since he does it himself. 

"Were you watching ?" Jinyoung teased. 

"N-No! Of course not!" Hyojin's face glowed red, as she smacked Jinyoung in the back of the head.

"Kidding, kidding." Jinyoung raised his hands up in surrender. Hyojin is pretty strong despite her small structure. Jinyoung has to literally look down at her when they stand together. "I see you got your IV removed." Jinyoung commented, as he poked at the gauze wrapped around her wrist. "That's good, right?"

Hyojin shrugged. "I guess. It doesn't really make a difference that I have an IV or not. I'm still sick anyways." Hyojin remarked bluntly. 

"You're sick?" Jinyoung muttered, as he placed his forehead against hers to check her temperature. It's obvious that she has a fever. "You just have a fever. Then, why do you basically live in a hospital?" Jinyoung blurted out.

Hyojin was a little taken back at Jinyoung's question. Once he realized her depressed mood, Jinyoung covered his mouth. "I-I'm sorry. I said that without thinking first..."

"It's fine." Hyojin smiled brightly, as she curled her finger for him to come closer. "You see, I'm really ill. But, the reason I'm here in the first place is because I came to get treatment for severe burns. But then, I became very ill so... here I am." Hyojin explained the situation very light-heartedly, in order for Jinyoung to not see how hard it is to talk about this.

"Then.... will you recieve treatment? Or, are you already recieving treatment?" Jinyoung asked carefully. Hyojin nodded.

"I'm recieving treatment. That's why I'm actually not sneaking out because the doctors told me to be very careful during my treatment period. That, and I feel like poop." Hyojin explained. "They say treatment period, but I like to think of it as torture period. They've tried to give me treatments multiple times, but they don't make a difference at all. I'm going to die anyway."

"Hyojin, do not say that." Jinyoung said sternly, as he gazed intensely at Hyojin. "I don't want to hear you say that. You're going be recovered, and it'll be all better. I promise."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hyojin POV

You're going to be recovered, and it'll be all better.

I wish I can believe those words. But, I know they aren't true. Even if I want to believe he's right. I already know that I don't have much longer. I'm not even receiving treatment. I have no money to afford it. But, I wasn't lying about the feeling like poop part.

After our awkward yet deep conversation, Jinyoung and I passed the time by talking about what has changed these past months and what's he has been up to. Iv'e been watching some TV, and I saw Jinyoung a few times. He was on a few variety shows. "So, what have you been doing?" Jinyoung grinned, as he rested his head on the side of the bed.

"Nothing interesting." I say honestly. "Laying in bed. Using the computer. The usual."

"You really haven't snuck out?" Jinyoug questioned again; raising an eyebrow.

"Really, Jinyoung!" I pout. I really feel bad. To get around without getting dizzy, I have to use a wheelchair. "I kind of wished I felt better though. I would definitely sneak out if it weren't for my sniffles." 

"Why? Is there something going on today?" Jinyoung inquired. He really has no idea?

"You don't remember?" I scoff, as I lightly tap his forehead. "Tonight is the famous firework show to celebrate the beginning of spring!" 

I throw my hands up in the air, as I stare at Jinyoung with a crazed look in my eyes. Jinyoung just shot that usual blank stare, while his eyes became slowly bigger and bigger. Once he finally realized what I was talking about, Jinyoung slightly chuckled as he patted my head. "Ohhh. The firework show?" Jinyoung chirped. "I totally forgot."

"How can you forget!" I gaped. "It's like, the coolest thing ever! The fireworks shoot up in flower shapes! You would be straight up lying if you think that isn't awesome." I cooed.

Jinyoung suddenly began laughing. "I guess it's pretty cool." He grinned. "It's actually going to be held at that really big park near by. Sandeul and Baro wanted to go, but I don't know."

"You should definitely go." I encourage. "I saw videos of it. It's synchronized with music!" 

I can't believe Jinyoung doesn't want to go. I would do anything to get the chance to see something so pretty. Iv'e never done anything like that before. The best I can do is watch behind a screen. That's why I feel so pissed when spoiled people complain about things they should be grateful of. Because, people like me, will never be able to know the rich rewards of having a normal and great life. "I wish we could switch lives just for tonight." Jinyoung suddenly commented.

"Why?" I giggled, as I laid back down on my bed to get comfortable. "I want to, too. Because you can walk around and billions of people adore you."

"It's so you can see the firework show. You would enjoy it much more than me." Jinyoung sighed. "I wish I can bring you. You seem to be really bored here."

"I am." I agree. "It would sound really fun, to go with you, Sandeul, and Bora. But, let's stop talking about the firework show. I feel sad now." I laugh bitterly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung POV

Eventually, night fell, and I planned to leave a few hours ago. Hyojin's chirpy manner is slowly deteriorating. She seems really frail and ill. Yet, she insists I stay by her side. I want her to rest though. "The firework show is about to start in 30 minutes..." Hyojin said in a soft tone. 

Hyojin keeps bringing up the firework show. I know she really wants to go, but she can't even sit up.  "Please, Hyojin, rest." I insist, as I tuck the blanket over her fragile body. 

"Jinyoung..." Hyojin turned her head to look at me, and even in the dimly lit room I can see the tiredness in her big eyes. "Do you think it's stupid how I'm obsessing over fireworks?"

"It's not stupid." I respond. "But, you shouldn't be so bummed about it. It's not like watching a firework show is a once in a life time opportunity."

"It is, for me." Hyojin pouted. "You seemed to have forgotten the fact that I--" Hyojin coughed mid-sentence. "--have no freedom in my dull life. What may seem like simple opportunites to you, is most likely once in a life time moments to myself."

The moment I heard those words come out of her word, I felt the guilt beginning to sink in. I can't let her have her way though. There's no way she's getting up in that state. "Hyojin... I'm sorry. You know you need to rest." I said sternly.

"But, Jinyoung oppa!" She suddenly burst out. "I really really want to go. I don't care how bad I feel. You see how desparate I am now?!"

"Hyojin--"

"Isn't there one way I can atleast catch a glimpse?" Hyojin pleaded. "I swear, if I can atleast see a minute, I'll rest like you want me to! I'll never force myself up like this again."

"How do you expect to get there without walking?" I huffed.

"Carry me." Hyojin reached her arms out towards me, while she had a puppy face plastered onto her face. "Please, oppa."

"Don't call me oppa." I sigh. "And, are you being serious?" Hyojin rapidly nodded her head, as she placed her hands on my shoulders and brought herself closer to me.

"Please help me do just this one thing. Please, Jinyoung, for me?" Hyojin begged.

"Aish.. but--" Hyojin's face slowly became sadder and sadder as I began to doubt this. "But, it's so.. much trouble.. and... AH fine." I groan.

Hyojin became giddy with glee while she climbed onto my back and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Alright, go horsey!" Hyojin cooed in a soft tone.

I'm beginning to regret this decision.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung POV

We finally arrive at the entrance of the park. I took some time to sneak out, but it was pretty easy considering the nurses don't check on her at night. "Jinyoung?" Hyojin called for me, as she poked my ear to get my attention.

"Hm?"

"Aren't you tired of carrying me?" Hyojin asked.

"Nope." I answer honestly. "You're actualy pretty light. I guess I thought you were so heavy last time because I walked up 3 flights of stairs." Hyojin laughed softly as she buried her face in the crook of my neck. Usually, I would tell her to get off, but it gets pretty cold in the night time. Now is an exception. "Here, we're going to rest a while on this bench. We still have another 10 minutes until the show starts." I gently place her on the bench, then scoot next to her so she can use my shoulder as a head rest. Hyojin smiled subtly as she leaned her head on my shoulder. The contact of her cold skin made me shiver a little.

"It's pretty cold, isn't it?" Hyojin stated. "I didn't think it would be this cold, sorry for dragging you out here."

"It's fine. The question should be, are you okay? It's bad when it's too cold when you're ill." I ask with worry. I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her body; leaving me in a simple crew neck. Hyojin looked up at me with a worried look on her face.

"Jinyoung, it's okay. Now, you're going to freeze." Hyojin whined, as she unraveled the scarf around her neck. Hyojin wrapped it around both our necks, forcing me to sit even closer to her so I can wear it too. "There, now we can both stay warm." she said with a satisfied look on her face.

I chuckle at her cuteness, as I took the scarf off my neck and stood up. "Come on." I said, as I crouch down in front of her so she can climb on. I felt Hyojin hop on, and lightly grab her thighs then stand up.

Hyojin wrapped the scarf around me, and then rests her head on my shoulder like a small child. "Oh, Jinyoung, look!" Hyojin pointed to the sky, as a small green light began to shoot up in the air, followed by multiple color lights. "It's starting." She squealed quietly.

The music was not very loud, since we weren't exactly at the viewing spot. But this seems good enough. I stopped in my tracks to admire the fireworks bursting in the air that synchronized with orchestral music. Now I can see why Hyojin wanted to see this so badly. It's very beautiful. "Pretty..." Hyojin commented. She looks and sounds really tired. Hyojin is probably out of energy because she should be resting by now. But, I took her because I just wanted her to be happy. "Jinyoung."

"Hm?" I turn to look at her. Suddenly, Hyojin cupped my face with one hand as she brought herself close to me.

"Thank you." She said, before placing a small, feathery kiss on my cheek.

--------------------------------------------------------------

My new poster is totally awesome, right? If you need one for your story, you should request Fugitive Illusions! They also do one shots, and other types of graphics. And, btw, sorry CNU isn't on it. I SERIOUSLY love this man, he's my 2nd bias after Jinyoung xD, But, he just isn't a very important character in this story... and well yeah.

Subcribers and comments are very much appreciated!