Daddy - Lee Joon

The MBLAQ Oneshots Pt. 4 (Finale)

You sat in the room, patiently waiting for the doctor to return. Lately, you haven’t been feeling well, and honestly, you were 3 weeks late. You thought that maybe because you recently gave blood that your time was delayed, but since you’ve been throwing up most recently, you think it might be a virus of some kind. Something’s got to give. When the doctor came back, he had quite a genuine smile on his face. “Mrs. Lee, I have wonderful news,” He began. What’s wonderful about being sick? You thought to yourself. “Congratulations, you’re pregnant. You’ve been along for two weeks now, and, you’re having a girl.” The doctor announced. All you could do was sit there wide eyed. You couldn’t believe it.

“I’m gonna have a baby girl?” You asked, not taking your eyes away from the doctor. He nodded, again with the most genuine smile. “I’ll be seeing you again in a few weeks,” he said, finishing your paperwork. You still couldn’t believe it. You walked out of the doctor’s office, shock written all over your face. But as you drove home, it hit you- how in the world were you going to tell Joon? You wondered if he was going to be as excited as you were at that moment, or if he was never going to look at you the same way ever again. You thought long and hard about it, and of course you knew that you should tell him soon. When you got home, unexpectedly, Joon was already back from work, and the house was smelling good.

“Joon, I’m home babe,” You called as you entered the kitchen. “Ah, there’s my girl,” Joon said as he took your face in his hands and kissed you sweetly. “What are you doing home early?” You asked. “I wanted to surprise you- is that ok?” He asked, returning to the stove. “Coming home to find my hubby cooking for me? Of course you can.” You said, wrapping your arms around his waist. “Have a seat, it’ll be ready soon,” He replied as he stirred the pot. “Ok,” you said, kissing his cheek. It was quite convenient for you- Joon surprising you with his cooking, and soon you would surprise him with your future child. You sat on the sofa, flipping through channels on the Tv. There was nothing interesting to watch, so you turned it off.

Joon then motioned for you to come in the kitchen. He already had the table set and everything. “Looks good babe. I will eat well,” You said, leaning in to give him a kiss. Afterwards, you dug in, and then decided to tell him the news slowly. “Changsun,” You began. You called him by his name only when it was something serious. He looked at you cautiously. “Do you remember a while back when you told me if you had any children, that you wanted a son?” you asked him. “Yeah, why?” he asked, drinking his water. “How do you feel about having children at this point?” You wondered. “Right now, I think it’s too soon for me, but if it should happen, then I’ll welcome it no matter what.” Joon said.

His statement just now made you want to think twice about telling him, but you were always loyal to him, even when the two of you started out as best friends for a long time. “Changsun, I’m pregnant.” You said with nervousness in your voice. Joon gave you one of his usual surprised looks. “Really? You are? With my son?” He asked. “Yes and no,” You grinned. “What do you mean?” Joon wondered. “Yes, I’m pregnant, but not with your son…we’re having a girl.” You replied. “Oh baby,” he said, getting up to kiss you passionately. “So you’re not upset right?” You asked, remembering his words. “No, I told you if it should happen, that I’d welcome it. I guess better now than never right?” He said, putting a hand to your stomach. A smile had been implanted on his face, and there was a glint in his eye. You knew he was happy. “You’re gonna be beautiful my princess, just like my queen,” He grinned.