Two Different Kinds Of You: Science partners!

Two Different Kinds Of You

My sister concealed my face this morning with her facial products so it would look like nothing happened to me. I was just about to be late as I ran as fast as I could to Science class.

The teacher looked at me, then at the attendance paper, then me, then back at the attendance paper. "You must be....Jung....Dongwoon?"

"Jang Dongwoo."

"Sorry, your lab partner is........." He rolled his eyes and then picked a random name on the attendance paper. "Your lab partner for the rest of the year is....Lee Hoya."

My heart stopped. I can't believe I have to sit with that jerk the whole year!! I dragged myself to the table where Hoya was sitting at and sat down next to him. I kept my distance away from him and tried not to look at him. Throughout the first 30 minutes I could feel him staring deeply at me. It was so deeply scary.

"Alright..." the teacher started. He seemed really tired and he was so unenthusiatic. His voice was just so monotone. "Your next...assignment is to make a project that shows the cells inside of DNA out of....stryrofoam." Everyone in the classroom groaned except for Hoya and I. I actually really like Science, it's one of my favorite subjects and I always succeed in the subject. "Oh....and.....you can start right now....open your textbook to page 430."

I opened the textbook on the table and just stared at the page, not even reading it. The air was just so awkward I wanted to run out of that classroom and scream everything that was going through my mind at the time.

"So.....Dongwoo...we should work on the project shall we?" He smiled lightly which seemed so perceiving to me. But at the same time, it felt like he was faking it.

"W-Why are you smiling?" I asked, closing my eyes, waiting for the punch. He didn't do anything so I opened my eyes slowly, one by one. 

"What do you mean? I can't smile?"

"No it's just that...you seem nicer."

"That's because you're not going against me right now."

"But I wasn't last ti-"

"Shhh, do you want to get beat up again?" He asked, staring deeply into my eyes. My heart started beating faster so I turned away from him. That felt...weird. I shook my head to brush off the incident and studied the page again. "So...where should we start?"

"Huh?"

"Well, the bell's about to ring any second now. Let's meet at the park and we'll start our project there."

"We'll?"

"Unless you want to do it yourself...."

"No!" He gave me a death glare. "I mean.....let's do this together." I said, my heart beat fastening. He smiled and then the bell rang. I rushed out of the classroom in pure horror and grabbed my things I needed for the project. I was about to leave but then I realized, I forgot my textbook! I quickly ran to the classroom but stopped when I saw Hoya and the teacher talking.

"Thank you teacher, for giving me this horrible progress report."

The teacher patted him on the back."No problem, but I don't understand, you always get A+'s in all of your classes, yet you always ask for another one that says a D on it!"

"It's because....well.. I don't want my friends to think I'm a goody goody even though I really am." I covered my mouth in surprisement, he get's A's in every class? I can't even get that!

"That's not right, your friends are wrong for thinking that. And for that reason I might not give you any bad progress reports anymore....."

"No please!! I'll do anything!!"

"I was just kidding. I understand, you can go now."

Hoya and the teacher exchanged smiles. Then Hoya started to leave the classroom. I panicked and ran across the hallway and hid behind a trash can. Why is it, whenever I have to hide from someone, I always result to a trash can??

After Hoya left I went out of the school and went to the park and I saw him sitting on the park bench. I took a deep breath and went up to the bench. I sat down in front of him and lay the textbook on the table.

"H-Hi," I said.

"Why are you stuttering?"

"I-I um just-"

"Whatever, just open the textbook."

I opened the textbook to the page we were studying about and glanced up at Hoya. He put on some glasses and he started to jot down notes. I smiled a little bit, it's weird to see him like that.

He stopped his writing and shut the textbook, but left the pencil inside the page so we wouldn't lose where we were. "Is there something on my face?" I guessed he caught on to my staring.

"N-no."

He eye-balled me then opened the textbook once again. He started writing down notes and I did too. After a while, we stopped writing notes and I took some styrofoam stuff we needed for the project.

"So....um...should we start the project?" I asked, my voice wavering.

"Sure...you have all the things right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, then let's do this." He flashed a smile that was so heartwarming, I think I blushed. "So you know the cell structure and the things that make it up right?"

No. "Yes."

"Are you sure? Something's telling me you don't know...it's okay, I can help you with it."

Okay, help me. "I'm fine, I understand."

"Sure?"

I hesitated. He got up from the bench and I covered my head, thinking he was going to slap me or something. But he just got up and sat right down next to me. "U-u-"

"I know you don't get it. It's okay, I'll help you."

He smiled again and I tried looking away but it was kind of hard. "Thank you."

He talked through the cell theory and all other cell related things and I was so interested. The way he explained things was nothing like how other people explained things. He was so elaborate on things and he always asked me if I understood what he was saying throughout his speech.

"Do you get it now?"

"Yes."

"Good, now let's start this project for real."

I nodded and we glued things together, we labeled the parts, and made sure everything looked presentable. The project was due on wednesday so we had 4 days to do it (the weekend+monday,tuesday, and it was friday when we started).

"Wow..." I said in awe, I put my hands on my hips as I stared at the wonderful project we just made together. I smiled and mentally patted myself on the back, to be honest, it looked really good.

"It looks good, doesn't it?" I nodded. He looked at the sky and then at his watch, "it's getting late, I'll be leaving now. Oh and can you take the project with you? It's a little hetic in my house so..."

"No! It's okay! It's okay! I got it, I'll keep it in perfect condition!"

"Thank you."

He picked up his backpack, turned around, and left. I watched him leave, but that was creepy so I started walking home too. I held the project in both of my hands and kept everything sturdy. I couldn't knock on the door so I just kicked it.

"Hey guys I'm ho-COCO NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" My dog pounced on me and I dropped the project on the ground. I was about to pick it up until my dog stepped on it, making it 2-dimensional. I'm going to die on monday. And it will be all my dog's fault. Why do all the bad things happen to me?

Okay, so umm.............FIRST 30 SUBSCRIBERS GET A SHOUT OUT!!!!

(Sorry, there was a lot of people and I feel like they deserve a shout out!)

SHOUTS OUT TO:

miciatoby

monochrom3

Nescisa

hofangs

xNyumi

Jaqles

gyuwifey

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING!! :D <3