Jealous

Just Can't Say 'No'

 

A/N: I usually don't write at the beginning of my chapters, but I figured you guys deserved this. I'M SO SORRY, I'LL NEVER MAKE PROMISES AGAIN T^T I know I promised to post this chapter within a week of the last one, but look at the time now, it has been more than a month since >___< Midterms and projects decided to kick me in the a** early on this term. A week earlier, to be exact. Didn't expect it, so I was caught by surprise. I'm sorry! I don't expect you guys to forgive me right away because I've been so bad with updating. Hope you guys can still enjoy my random updates >_

 


 

                Her words echoed through his head as she jogged off.

                “I’m sorry.”

                He grimaced and glared after her. ‘You said you wouldn’t. You lied to me…’

--

*That morning*

                Ella couldn’t contain her excitement. Today was her first date with Sandeul She was hoping it wasn’t their last. Adding last minute touch ups, she skipped out of her room and greeted her parents.

                “Good morning, everybody~~!” she smiled and grabbed a piece of toast.

                “Good morning, honey. You seem to be in a good mood this morning. Anything exciting happen recently?” Mr. Choi raised a curious, amused eyebrow at her. Before she could answer, Haneul interrupted.

                “She’s got a stupid date with a nerd afterschool today,” Haneul snorted and walked out, purposely bumping Ella’s shoulder.

                “Haneul! Be nice! Oh, Ella! I’m so happy for you. My daughter’s growing up so fast!” Mrs. Lee giggled, pulling Ella into a hug. ‘Your daughter? What am I to you?’ Haneul glared from the doorway. Her malevolent stare bore imaginary holes into the back of her stepsister’s head. “Why can’t you be happy for your sister, Haneul?”

                “Step sister, Mother. Step sister. And why should I be happy for her? I’m not the one going on the date, so why should I care?” Haneul sneered. With a huff, she her heel and stalked out of the house.

               “Aish, that girl. I honestly question where she learnt her manners from because I know I didn’t teach her that,” Mrs. Lee rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Sorry, honey.”

                “It’s okay, Umma,” Ella squeezed her hand. Haneul’s usual snarky remarks have no affect on her now.

                “I’m heading to work now. Need a lift, Ella?”

                “No thanks, Appa. I’ll walk. It’s good exercise.”

                “Ha ha, okay then. I’ll see you lovely ladies tonight,” he kissed his wife and daughter on the cheek and went to his car. Haneul was already waiting in the passenger seat. Big surprise.

                “Bye Umma! See you tonight!” Ella waved and ran down the walkway.

                “Bye, dear! Have fun on your date!” Mrs. Lee smiled warmly at her family.

--

                “Yah! Slave! Take my bag,” Jin Young stuffed his extra heavy bag into Ella’s frail arms. She stumbled under the weight, but stayed steady. “Where were you this morning? I had to go to school all by myself. So much work.”

                “Oh, I met up with Sandeul oppa,” Ella shrugged. He raised an eyebrow at her.

                “Deullie? Why?”

                “He needed to give me something for our date later,” she grinned. Jin Young tensed up at the word ‘date’.

                “Oh? What did he say? Called for a rain check, didn’t he?” he chortled at his own ‘humour’, if that’s what one would like to call it.

                “What?! No! He gave me this bracelet and a ticket for the movie. Oh right, the only movie time available was right after school, so I have to cancel our tutor session today. I’m sorry!” she bowed apologetically and handed him his bag. “I’ll be going now,” she bowed again and ran into her class.

                ‘Cancel tutoring?’

//

[MC Tales: Hmmmm…he has feelings? I didn’t think that was possible. When did he start caring about tutoring?]

//

                “Aish, what am I doing here?” Jin Young quickly hid behind the tree for the umpteenth time. “Why do they stop at every single store? Making me tired,” he peeked around the branches to check if the coast was clear. He saw the couple walking up ahead and took the chance to catch up. Dodging behind trees and cars, Jin Young tried to keep a low profile while stalking the pair which was a lot harder than he though. A bunch of people pointed at him as they walked by, questioning why he was hiding and acting suspicious. Noticing the attention he had attracted, Jin Young stood up and straightened out his shirt. “There’s nothing to see here folks. Let’s keep moving,” he awkwardly bowed and shuffled away from the crowd. At spied the pair heading into the theatre and quickly jogged after them. Inside, he searched around for them and found them at the concession stand buying some snacks. He bought his ticket, keeping an eye on them, afraid they might disappear if he looked away.

                “Here’s your ticket, Sir,” the worker handed him his ticket. He took it without looking at her, and mumbled a ‘thanks’. There was some time before the show, so Sandeul and Ella walked through the hallway slowly, looking at all the movie posters hanging on the walls (I don’t know if you guys have it at your theatres, but here, they do LOL).

                “Oppa! Look at that movie!” Ella abruptly turned back, running to a poster she had skipped earlier. Jin Young panicked, as she was heading straight for him, so he ran into the closest door he could find. Several pairs of eyes stared at him before screams echoed through the room.

                “Ahh! ert!”

                “Get out of here, you creep!”

                “What are you doing in the girl’s washroom?!”

                He stumbled backwards out of the washroom and bowed non-stop at the angry and flustered women. Ella and Sandeul looked up at the commotions and then at each other. They shrugged and left for the theatre room, choosing to avoid any problems that didn’t concern them.

//

[MC Tales: AHAHAHAHAHA, GG JIN! *RAWR, GET BACK HERE TALES. I’MMA CUT YOU* If I’m not back for the next chapter, assume I’m in the hospital or dead….~~runningggggg~~]

//

                “That movie was good!” Ella skipped out of the dark room, squinting from the sudden change of lighting. Sandeul chuckled at her and nodded his head silently. He rubbed his adjusting eyes and looked up to find Ella far ahead.

                “Hey! Don’t walk so fast! You lost me back there and didn’t even notice,” he pouted and poked her cheek. She giggled at him and apologized. “Well then, looks like I have to hold your hand so you can’t get away again,” he smirked and grabbed her hand. She her head away, hiding the blush that grew on her cheeks.

                “Umm, so, where do we go now?” she cleared , trying to keep her voice steady. Her nerves won this round, for her voice clearly trembled.

                “To dinner.”

--

                Jin Young glared at the pair holding hands. ‘Too close for comfort,’ he growled. He continued to follow them, curious of where they were going next. They ended up at a pasta house. He stayed outside and watched through the window from across the street.

//

[MC Tales: Like that’s not creepy at al-asdfa;dlfkowaeic.,mn *I may or may not be strangling an annoying host.-Jin*]

//

                “Thanks for today, Oppa,” Ella smiles at Sandeul.

                “It was my pleasure,” he grinned back. The pair walked along the path at the school park, hand in hand. Their arms swung lightly, a comfortable silence surrounding them. Words weren’t exchanged because the both of them only needed to be with each other. Not far behind, Jin Young followed. He hid behind trees, as he had been doing for the whole day now, watching Ella. Thoughts and images of him in Sandeul’s place raced through his mind. ‘I should be there,’ he fumed. His silent outburst forced him to stop. The brick wall of reality crashed into him. What was he thinking? Why was he acting so jealous?

                “Because I am…” he whispered under his breath. “I’ve fallen for my slave,” he gazed up at the night sky, sinking into a nearby bench.

--

[MC Tales: And so, ends this chapter! Like it? H-hate it? *pouts* Read about his feelings in the next chapter~~~! PEACE.]


Anyway, here's the chapter in its unedited glory. I'll probably come back to fix it later on, so feel free to point out any mistakes in this, or even previous chapters. It's significantly shorter, too >_<. Again, I'm really sorry for the slow slow slowwwwww updates. I too, dislike slow updates, so I'm literally kicking myself for posting up chapters so slow. 

I think I'm going to reply to comments in the comment box from now on. Unless you guys want me to reply in the end blurbs. Up to you guys ^^

See you in the next Chapter! 

-greenninjapanda GNP-