New Family, New Life

Just Can't Say 'No'

 

[MC Tales: Waddup, peeps? MC Tales here, at your service. I guess it’s time to get this show on the road, eh? Let’s see what Ella’s up to. *dramatic whooshing sound*]

                “Ella, honey, I need to tell you something.”

                “What is it, Appa?”

                “I’ve met someone.”

                “You’ve met someone? What do you mean?”

                “I mean, I’ve met somebody new. A woman.”

                “A…woman?”

                “Yes. A lady friend. Actually, we’ve been seeing each other for the past 2 years.”

                “Oh…wow….”

                “Ella, I’ve asked her to marry me.”

                “…..Marry?…..Appa, what about Umma?”

                “Honey, Umma is gone. I love her and she will always hold a place in my heart, but Hwa Sung is special. She loves me for who I am.”

                “I see….”

                “Ella, can I ask a favour from you?”

                “A favour, appa?”

                “Yes, a favour. Will you please accept this marriage?” Ella stared at her father, obviously hurt by the sudden news. However, she remembered her promise.

                “……..Okay. I’m sure whoever she is, she’s a wonderful person.”

                “Oh, she is. I know you’ll grow to love her as well.”

                “I hope so.”

--

                “I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” Cheers and applause broke out as the couple shared a sweet kiss. Ella stood tall and smiled at her father and new mother. Her father looked over at her and smiled.  ‘Whatever makes you happy makes me happy.’

--

                “Aish, Ella! Can you come over here please?” Haneul doubled over in pain. Ella, wide eyed, rushed to her new step sister’s side.

                “Omo, Unnie, are you okay?” she led her over to a chair.

                “I think I’ve got my period. Can you get me the medicine in the car?” she winced in pain.

                “Of course! I’ll be right back,” Ella sprinted out of the restaurant and down to the underground parking lot. Haneul watched her step sister’s retreating back and made sure she left the room. Smirking, she stood up and dusted herself off. ‘What a gullible little girl,’ she thought and walked over to the DJ.

                “How’s it going everybody? Are you having a good time? That’s good! At this time, we have a request for a father daughter dance, so I’m going to slow things down a little bit.” Haneul walked over to her new step dad and held out her hand.

                “Care to join your daughter in this dance?”

                “I would be honoured to.” Haneul led her father out to the dance floor and they dimmed the lights. “By the way, where’s Ella? I thought she would be the one to ask for this dance first.” Haneul held back a scowl.

                “She ran off earlier saying she had a stomach ache. Probably ate some shellfish or something. You know how she’s allergic to it,” she lied. ‘Why must he think of that darned girl when I’m standing right here. I’m his daughter now too.’ The song ended and the room was filled with applause. On the other side, Ella was frantically searching through the car for the little bottle of Tylenol, oblivious to the events that just took place without her.

//

[MC Tales: Now, now, I know what you’re thinking….THAT BI0TCH! Why’d she go and do that? Pretending to be sick and making our girl run to the car. She got legs, so go herself! But no, she made our poor girl here run and get it! And for what? So that she can be the only one to have a father daughter dance? PUH-LEASE. That was something shady you pulled! You a sh-sh-sh-sh-SHADY GIRL! Anyway, on with our story…]

//

                “Is that everything?” Ella’s step mother looked up from the couch, tired from all the moving. Ella scanned the truck and nodded, pulling the door down and locking it up.

                “Neh! That’s everything, Umma!” Ella tapped the back of the truck and the driver sped off. Haneul came down the stairs, filing her nails.

                “Umma, is there anything to eat? I’m hungry.”

                “Not yet, honey. I’m a bit tired from moving stuff in. Ella, could you get me water please!”

                “Neh! I’ll be right there!” Ella ran past Haneul, accidentally knocking the nail file out of her hand.

                “Yah! What the hell! Pick it up!”

                “Oh! I’m so sorry!” she bent down and grabbed the filer. Brushing off the dirt, she carefully placed it in her sister’s hand before going into the kitchen to get water. “Here you go, Umma.”

                “Ah, thank you, dear. Why don’t you sit down and rest? You helped out a lot today,” she patted the seat beside her. Ella shuffled over and shyly sat down. “I’m happy you’re such an obedient daughter. I’m glad I married your father. He should be proud of how well he raised you. If only my daughter can be half as well behaved as you are.”

                “You’re too kind, Umma. But you shouldn’t say that! Unnie is also very helpful and kind!” Ella bowed low. Haneul stood frozen halfway up the stairs. She had heard everything and was fuming. ‘Pretending to defend me. Yea right. Like you mean it. I hate you, Ella Choi. From now on, I’m going to make your life a living hell. Just you wait.’

--

                “Haneul-ah! Come down for breakfast! You need to eat before you go to school.”

                “Where’s Ella?” Haneul sat down at the tablet.

                “At the market. I asked her to get us some more eggs later since we’re running low, but she decided to go before school. Such a nice girl.” Haneul's grip on her fork tightened.

                “I’m done eating. See you tonight,” she abruptly stood up and walked out of the house.

                “But you’re not done eating yet,” her mother called after her, frowning at the sudden mood change.

--

                “Class, we have a new student today, please treat her well. You may come in now, Ms. Choi.” Ella skipped into the room and enthusiastically bowed to the students.

                “Hello~! My name is Choi Ella! Please take care of me!” The girls began to whisper with each other as the boys eyed her from head to toe.

                “Settle down, settle down. Ms. Choi, you can sit next to Jung Hwan. Mr. Lee, please raise your hand.” Ella scanned the room as a boy at the back of the class raised his hand. He smiled warmly at her as she walked to her seat.

                “Hello, I’m Lee Jung Hwan, but everybody here calls me Sandeul,” he held out his hand. Ella shook it and bowed to him, taking her seat.

                “You can call me Ella. Nice to meet you.” She settled in and took out her books, paying full attention to class.

--

                The lunch bell rang and everybody migrated to the cafeteria. Ella followed the directional flow of students in the hallway to the cafeteria. Once there, she scanned the room for her sister. A familiar cackling laughter caught her attention and she spotted Haneul.

                “Unnie! Here’s your lunch I packed for you,” Ella held out a lunch bag. Haneul looked at her with a look of disgust and waved her off.

                “Get lost, New Girl. I don’t even know why you’re talking to me.”

                “But --”

                “She said get lost!” one of Haneul’s minions snapped. Ella backed away and scrambled out of the cafeteria, glancing back at her step sister. Haneul had shot her a glare and turned away. Students who witnessed the scene began to gossip about the altercation. Ella aimlessly walked around the school, her legs taking her wherever they wanted to. She ended up at the empty bleachers on the field. ‘She’s probably in a bad mood. I’ll cheer her up tonight!’

--

                “Yah, don’t talk to me at school. If you do, I’ll pretend you don’t exist, got it? Also, don’t go around telling people we’re step sisters, or else,” Haneul shoved past Ella and walked up the front steps. Ella sulked through the door and up to her room. ‘*Sigh* I hope she doesn’t hate me. No! She doesn’t! Be positive Ella! She’ll warm up to you soon!’ she thought, holding up her fists while mouthing a silent ‘hwaiting’.  

--

                “Look, it’s the New Girl.”

                “Ugh, she makes me sick. Always so happy. Disgusting…”

                “Tell me about it.” Ella recoiled from the hateful words being thrown at her. Girls shot daggers at her while guys made obnoxious comments about her appearance. ‘This is going to take a little getting used to…..a new family and a new life….’

//

[MC Tales: So begins her new life. It so far, eh? A jealous step sister who’s plotting against her and a school who doesn’t appreciate an optimistic look on life. Man, they must be living some bleak lives. What a pity. Anyway, let’s just hope our girl’s luck gets better! PEACE!]


 

Okay, so this chapter LOL The next one is HEAPS better, trust me. 

Thanks to everybody who has subscribed so far! 

I'll start doing comment replies in Chapter 2 XD

See you in the next chapter!

-greenninjapanda GNP-

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT~~~