Date

Just Can't Say 'No'

 

                “Breathe, Sandeul. You can do this,” he peeked around the corner, clutching his chest. His heart raced as he caught sight of her at her locker. He quickly hid behind the wall. “Hey, Ella. I was just wondering if you were free tomorrow night. I thought maybe we could go out for dinner and catch a movie. Sort of like, you know, a date?” he practiced his lines for the nth time, completely unaware that the morning bell had rung. He looked down the empty halls and cursed under his breath. “Crap! I’m late!”

--

                Ella glanced at the empty seat next to her, an uneasy feeling bubbling at the pit of her stomach. ‘Sandeul has never been late for class before. I hope nothing’s wrong,” she thought. The teacher finished taking the attendance and he still wasn’t there. Just as the lesson was about to start, the door slid open with a bang.

                “Ah! Sorry, Teacher! I was in a rush and forgot to slow down before opening the door. I’ll fix it if it’s broken,” Sandeul bowed furiously.

                “It’s fine, Mr. Lee. Please take your seat,” she turned to the chalkboard and began writing down notes .He bowed again and scampered to his seat.

                “Hey,” he greeted Ella.

                “Hey,” she wave back. An awkward silence hung over the two as they listened to the lesson. Sandeul kept glancing at her, biting his tongue so he wouldn’t accidentally confess in the middle of the lesson. He wanted to ask her out badly, but he knew it wasn’t the right time. ‘Ah, maybe I should write it out,’ he quickly jotted down the question and neatly folded it twice. Just as he was about to slide it over, the teacher spotted him.

                “Mr. Lee, no passing notes in class. If you have something important to say, say it now, or leave it for after class.”

                “Neh, sorry, Teacher,” Sandeul bowed his head and crumpled the paper in his fist. The bell rang and he scrambled to collect his things. He had to move quick if he wanted to catch up to speedy Ella.

                “Oppa, I’ve got to go ahead. I’ll see you later,” Ella gave his arm a squeeze and ran out of class. He pouted and waved. ‘I was so close!’ he stomped his foot and continued packing.

*Lunch*

                “I want bread today. Oh, and get me milk too,” Jin Young dismissed Ella with a wave. She quietly took the money and marched off to the queue. Sandeul gripped his chopsticks tightly, knuckled white. ‘Why I oughta,’ he cleared his throat along with his violent thoughts and continued eating his rice. Ella came back with two trays. She carefully set down Jin Young’s and took her seat beside him. She didn’t speak a word, just in case he made her go get more food she wouldn’t be able to afford. Haneul had taken half her allowance already.

//

[MC Tales: That…..WITCH! You can’t see it now, but Haneul’s eating a feast with her snobby friends. She bought the most expensive meals on the menu, with ELLA’S money! Heartless…..greedy……stingy……]

//

*P.E.*

                “Here’s your water bottle,” Ella held out the drink. Jin Young took it with a grunt and walked over to some other seniors. ‘A thank you would’ve been nice!’ Sandeul huffed and jogged up to her. She sat down on the benches and stretched out her back with a frown.

                “Why the long face?” Sandeul sat down next to her and lightly pushed her creased brows. She relaxed and smiled up at him.

                “Eh, it’s nothing, Oppa.”

                “By nothing, you mean Jin, don’t you?”

                “Noooo,” she fibbed. He saw right through it, but let it go since she didn’t want to talk about it.

                “Hey, Ella! Do you have a water bottle? I seem to have forgotten mine,” Haneul pouted at her, eyeing the bottle in her hands. Ella cringed at the sight, but shook it off.

                “I’m sorry, sunbaenim. This is the only one I have,” she apologetically bowed. In a flash, Haneul’s pout was wiped off her face and was replaced by a dark glare.

                “What?” she asked, “I’m afraid you didn’t hear my question. Do you have a water bottle?” malice dripped off her words. Ella shrink back and held forth her water.

                “Here, have mine.” As quick as before, Haneul’s expression changed 180 and she grinned, snatching up the water.

                “Thanks~~~” Ella’s shoulder slumped in relief. She unconsciously trembled in fear.

                “I have water. We can share. Just tell me when you need it,” Sandeul held up his bottle.

                “I think I might need some now,” Ella took it with shaking hands and placed the bottle to her lips. She took a drink and gave it back to him. He stared intensely at the bottle. He brought it up to his lips and took a drink himself. ‘Indirect kiss…’ he beamed and recapped the lid.

//

[MC Tales: AWWWWWWWWWW…..too cute….too cute! *squirm/flail*]

//

                The students watched the second hand make its way around the clock.

*5…4…3…2…1…BRIIIIIIIIING*

                Everybody scrambled out of the class, excited for the end of the day. Sandeul hurriedly stuff his books into his bag, yet again, and scrambled to Ella’s class as fast as he could. ‘This is it! No turning back now, Deul.’ He saw her backpack ahead disappear into the crowd. ‘Crud, where’d she go?’ He craned his neck and spotted it near her locker. He pushed past groups of students standing around and just as he reached out for her, a mob of students coming out of a classroom shoved him to the other side of the hall.

                “Sorry about that, bro. We didn’t see you there,” a group of guys helped him up. He dusted off his pants and shook his head.

                “It’s okay,” he bowed and ran to Ella’s locker, only to see her turn the corner down the hall. “Ah, I lost her again,” he mumbled. Knowing well where she was going, he recollected himself and headed to the library.

//

[MC Tales: as;dflja;woeiurjfaknbm,cxkufaw;ieopfuijdkl….SO CLOSE!]

//

                “I marked your last worksheets. Congratulations, you are officially starting grade 11 math today,” Ella passed Jin Young the stack of papers, all graded well into the 90s. She had noticed, Jin Young wasn’t stupid or anything, he actually does really well if he put his mind to it. Although, it did take him a couple of weeks to settle down.

                “Thanks, Teacher,” he grinned, carefully placing the stack of papers into the folder along with his other well graded worksheets. Ella grinned back and took out her notes for the lesson.

*Flashback*

                “Wow, I’m impressed. You’re moving along faster than I thought you would,” Ella beamed at him. “ You’re already on the 10th grade curriculum.” He watched as she happily flipped through the textbook. ‘She looks genuinely happy for me. Me, the guy who has her in a slave contract.’ He snapped out of his thoughts and looked out the window.

                “Hey, from now on, the contract doesn’t apply when we’re in the library.” Ella stared at him with wide eyes.

                “Wh-what?”

                “Just agree before I change my mind, Teacher,” he smiled at her. A real smile. Not one of his arrogant smirks.

                “Ah, okay. Haha, let’s start our lesson, shall we? Student Jin Young.”

                “Don’t push it.”

*End Flashback*

                Sandeul tapped his foot impatiently. He could barely concentrate on his homework and had been on the same page since he sat down. ‘The lesson should’ve been over half an hour ago. What’s taking her so long today?’ he drummed his fingers on the table and glanced over at the staircase. Her tinkling laughter was the first thing he heard, followed by Jin Young’s obnoxious chuckling.

                “Oh, I have another one. What did one plate say to the other?”

                “Hmmm, I don’t know. What?”

                “Lunch is on me~! Haha~~~!” Ella bounced down the stairs in a fit of giggles. Jin Young rolled his eyes at the lame joke and strolled down the stairs after her. “Ah, Oppa, you’re still here? I thought you would’ve left by now,” she ran into his out stretched arms for a hug.

                “You know I always wait for you,” he let her go and they all exited the library.

                “Yah, lesson’s over and we’re outside. Hold my bag,” Jin Young shoved his bag into her arms and walked off, emotionless. Any traces of laughter or smiles were left behind. Ella huffed at his mood change and trudged down the front steps behind him.

                “What took so long today?” Sandeul reached out for the bag in her hands, but she retreated.

                “I got it, Oppa. What do you mean? I texted you after class telling you I’d finish later today,” she stared ahead.

                “Ah, my phone ran out of batteries. Anyway, can we talk?”

                “I’d love to, but Mr. Grumpy pants is getting antsy over there,” she nodded her head to a disgruntled Jin Young.

                “But, it’ll be quick,” he grabbed her arm. The wind ruffled her long hair and she turned back.

                “Okay. What is it?” she gazed at him with wide eyes. A lump grew in his throat and he couldn’t speak. ‘Why, why, why! Why now?!’ he swallowed it down and cleared his throat.

                “*cough* Ah, ah. Sorry. Why can’t I say it?” he slapped the back of his head. Jin Young marched over to see what was taking her so long.

                “Say what?” she asked, tilting her head. Jin Young was within ear shot now, and froze the second Sandeul asked his question.

                “Will you go on a date with me tomorrow?” Sandeul squeezed his eyes shut, clenching his fists in anticipation of her answer.

//

[MC Tales: YEOW! GO GET IT, DEULLIE...*cough*…..I’m sorry for my behaviour….]

//

                Hearing only silence, Sandeul opened his eyes and boldly looked up into hers. She had an expression of shock, but the second he looked up, it turned into one of joy. Ella didn’t know whether to jump with joy or whoop in happiness. Maybe she could do both?

                “O-okay. Yeah. OKAY! I’ll go on a date with you!” she was all smiles. Jin Young’s jaw dropped. Did his friend just ask Ella out on a date? His Ella, his slave? He shook his head in denial and rubbed the disbelief out of his eyes. But low and behold, they were still there, with goofy expressions on their faces. Beaming, Sandeul stepped forward and hugged her. “Ah! Oppa! Put me down! I’m getting dizzy!” she squealed.

                “He he, sorry! I’m just really happy!”

                “Me too, Oppa,” she pulled him into a hug and stepped back. The moment would’ve been perfect if it wasn’t for an oh-so-familiar voice that interrupted them.

               “I don’t know about you, but I’m tired and I want to go home. I can’t do that without my SLAVE,” Jin Young sneered, “If you’re done with your little confession, can I take back what’s mine and get the heck out of here?” he glared at Deul and grabbed her arm. Red marks immediately formed under his grip.

                “Ouch, you’re hurting me.”

                “Whatever,” Jin Young dragged her along.

                “I’ll see you tomorrow!” Sandeul called out, watching her being hauled away.

                “Neh! Bye, Oppa!” she waved at him, tripping over her shoe when Jin Young tugged on her arm. They walked in silence, the wind lightly brushing past them. The sounds of their footsteps echoed off the tunnel of trees lining the street.

                “So, you have a date, huh? Are you happy?” he suddenly stopped. Ella crashed into him and stumbled back.

                “Happy? Of course I am! Who wouldn’t be happy when their crush asks them out?” she beamed. ‘Crush? Since when?’ he though.

                “Right. Anyway. Don’t forget, we have tutor tomorrow.”

                “I know, I know. I’m not going to forget. I’d never miss a lesson,” he looked back at her and frowned. She raised an eyebrow at him and looked back. ‘You better not forget,’ he thought. The wind rustled her skit causing a shiver to run down her spine. “Let’s go,” she skipped ahead, singing a random tune.

--

[MC Tales: hehehehehe….date….nuff said…..]


 

ah...it's un-edited >____< so if there are mistakes/grammatical errors, bear with me~ I'll fix them when I have the time. 

So, a new term has started! It's only the second week...AND I'M DYING ALREADY T^T I have the next 2 chapters written up, but I haven't had the time to type them up. I warn you guys ahead of time, expect crappy chapters ToT

COMMENT REPLIES

@ kmn007: THANK YOU~~~~ your comments always make me smile ^^ hmm...I heard my teachers say it a lot, so it kinda stuck LOL OH NO...I'M OLD...I BE USING OLD PHRASES T^T

@ ShyMin: Ah, komawo, dongsaeng~~~ I'll try to update the next to chapters soon~~

@ LeePeppers: Hmmm...maybe, maybe not~~~ Thanks for waiting patiently T^T 

@ hai_young: Thank you~~~~! =DDDD I'll try to get the chapters up this week.

@ kpop_love_you: Hahaha, you want Jin with her, huh? XD We'll seeee~~~ And thank you! >____<

So yeah, here it is, unedited and all. Have fun reading my mistakes T^T

See you in the next Chapter! (which, hopefully, is sometime this week).

-greenninjapanda GNP-