And the 'fun' begins

Just Can't Say 'No'

 

[MC Tales: Wassup everybody? Hope you didn’t miss me too much. Haha, ijoke. Anyway, we continue this story two days after Ella’s little run in with Jin Young. Let’s see what happens.]

--

                Ella arrived at school with plenty of time to spare. She entered the empty classroom and took her seat next to the window. Her mind was filled with questions ever since the accident. He had threatened to make her life miserable, but all was silent so far. She felt uneasy not knowing what his next move was. ‘It’s the silence before the storm. Hopefully he was just saying it out of anger,’ she sighed and rested her head on her folded arms. She dozed off and was woken by someone shaking her.

                “Ella~ Class is about to start. Wake up~,” Sandeul’s soothing voice lulled her out of her slumber.

                “Hello, Oppa. Thanks for waking me up,” she sleepily grinned at him. She rubbed her eyes and stretched out her arms. “How are you, Oppa? I haven’t seen you much these past few days.”

                “I’ve been great. My friends and I just auditioned for an entertainment company. I think it went well. Call backs are in a couple of days and I’ve been pretty nervous,” he scratched the back of his neck and grinned at her.

                “Really? That’s so cool! You’re that much closer to becoming a star!” she measured out a millimetre with her index and thumb. Ella was the only person, other than his friends, to know about his dream to become a singer. He sang at the school concert once and she was mesmerized by his voice.

                “Anyway, my friends want to meet you. They’ve been asking who my best friend is. Come with me at lunch,” he pouted and pulled on her arm.

                “Don’t they go to this school as well?” she looked at him, puzzled. Shouldn’t they have already seen her around the school? Or at least heard of her? She IS known as the girl who does favours for everybody.

                “One of them does. The others go to different schools. Besides, I haven’t told them your name yet,” he grinned.

                “Why didn’t you tell them my name?” she faked a sob into her sleeve. “Am I embarrassing?” she continued to ‘cry’ taking peeks at Sandeul’s reaction.

                “NO! You’re not!” he frantically waved his hands, “I just didn’t want them to judge you before they met you. I’m pretty sure there are some far-fetched rumours about you going around this neighbourhood,” he mumbled the last bit.

                “What rumours?” Ella tilted her head at him. He shook his head.

                “*cough* Nothing. So what do you say? Can you come with me to lunch? Just this once. It’s up to you if you decide to talk to them after,” he gave her his best puppy dog eyes. She forced herself to look at everything but his face. She had a weak spot for his pouts and puppy dog eyes, it was a disease. He began to make whimpering sounds and poked at her arm. Her eye twitched and she took a quick glance at him. Big mistake. The power of his pout hit her full force and she was knocked into submission.

                “Okay. I’ll go with you,” she sighed and slumped forward onto her desk, recovering from the ‘aegyo’ overload. Sandeul cheered and flailed his arms around. He was definitely excited to finally be able to introduce his friends to her.

//

[MC Tales: Aww, isn’t he a cutie patootie? Looks like Ella isn’t the only one with a super awesome pout and puppy dog eyes attack. I wonder who his friends are…*rhetorical question alert*.]

//

                Lunch time came around and Ella was dragged off by an over excited Sandeul. They hurried into the small café across the street. Sandeul looked around the store and spotted his friends in a booth at the back.

                “There they are. Let’s go,” he grabbed her hand and pulled her over. Neither of them took notice to their linked hands. “Hey guys! Guess who finally decided to come with me!” The three boys in the booth looked up. Ella was taken by surprise by their beauty. ‘They’re all pretty. Prettier than some of the Queenkas at school.’

                “Annyeong. I’m Baro,” the boy with the cap coolly winked at her.

                “Annyeonghasaeyo, I’m CNU. It’s spelt as CNU, but it’s pronounced as Shin Woo,” the boy with glasses gave a smile and a small nod. Ella nodded back politely.

                “Annyeong! My name is Gong Chan Shik, but you can call me Gong Chan!” the tall pretty boy waved enthusiastically at her. She shyly waved back. By now, she was almost hiding behind Sandeul.

                “Haha, introduce yourself. There’s nothing to be afraid of,” he pulled her out. The three of them immediately noticed the entwined hands and reminded themselves to pester Sandeul about it later.

                “Hello, I’m Choi Ella. Nice to meet you,” she bowed to them. Baro’s eyes nearly popped out of his sockets.

                “Choi Ella?! You’re Choi Ella? I’ve heard a lot about you. Did you really do the entire--” Baro was cut short by the ‘shut-your-face’ look Sandeul gave him. He cleared his throat and stared down at the menu. Ella looked at him, confused.

                “Pardon me?” she asked.

                “*cough* Nothing,” he shook his head and pretended to browse through the list.

//

[MC Tales: What are these rumours?! Who started them? I want to know so I can kick their a--Anyway, they seem like good guys so far. Except for that Baro. He’s something…]

//

                Sandeul slid into the booth first, claiming that he must protect her and keep her as far away from Baro as he can. Baro scoffed and stuck out his tongue. Ella sat in next with Gong Chan in front of her. The waiter took their orders and an awkward silence fell upon the group.

                “So,” CNU started, “what grade are you in?”

                “I’m in my junior year,” she softly replied.

                “That means you’re older than me. Yay! Have a noona! You don’t mind if I call you that, right Noona?” Gong Chan looked hopefully. Ella giggled at his cute actions. She had a feeling they would get along very well.

                “Yes, you can call me Noona,” she laughed aloud.

                “Well, Baro’s the same age as you and I’m a year older. So call me Oppa, okay?” CNU pointed at her seriously, before breaking out into a smile.

                “Haha, okay, CNU oppa!” she grinned.

                “What month were you born?” Baro asked.

                “July.”

                “Darn, you’re older than me,” he pouted sadly. However, his pout turned into a sly smile. “You’re only older by a few months, so we’re on a first name basis. No formalities, Ella. None of you guys get to call her that!” he triumphantly smiled. CNU shook his head. Sandeul lightly slapped Baro’s head. Gong Chan was making funny faces at Ella. She couldn’t help but laugh and join in with him. Sandeul softened at the sound of her ringing laughter. Baro caught his friend staring at her and smirked. ‘Another thing I can blackmail him with. I’m so genius,’ he snickered to himself. Their food came and everybody started to dig in.

                “Hey, where’s Jin?” CNU asked Sandeul.

               “Right here. Hey guys,” Jin Young strutted over to the table and took the seat next to Ella. Her eyes widened in fear. ‘What is he doing here?!’ she screamed in her head. Instinctively, she scooted away from him and stopped when she was pressed against Sandeul. He felt her body tense up when Jin Young looked at here. “And look who we have here. The person whom I was looking for. Because of you, I’m late,” he glared at her. She felt chills run down her spin and she tried to move even further away from him. Any further and she would be on Sandeul’s lap. She began to panic and her body trembled with fear. Sandeul unconsciously wrapped an arm around her shoulder protectively.

                “Hyung! Have you met Noona already? How could she make you late?” Gong Chan looked from one person to the other clearly confused. CNU and Baro, too, were puzzled.

                “I’ve met her before. We had a small run in. The reason I was late, Channie, was because I was typing this up, for her,” he threw down a manila folder. He slid it over to her. “Open it.” She sat up and cautiously took the folder. Her hands shook as she opened it. Her eyes bulged at the heading.

[SLAVE CONTRACT] [A/N: ugh…can’t think of a witty title….bear with me…]

                ‘What the heck?’ she looked at the contents of the paperwork incredulously. Jin Young sat back, enjoying the expression on her face drop with every page. She didn’t know if it were fear or anger that her hands began to shake uncontrollably. The papers dropped out of her hands and landed on the table.

               “So, what do you think?” he smiled darkly. She opened to say something, but he cut her off. “It’s simple. You ruined my clothes and shoes. I had to go out and buy new ones, wasting my hard earned cash. I’m not a stingy person, so I won’t take your money. It just seems fair that you do some favours for me in return instead. You can do that, right?” he reasoned, obviously in his own favour. He knew he hit a vital nerve. He’s not the brightest student, but he knew how to use his resources. And his resources had told him of her little habit of doing favours. Ella’s jaw dropped. She didn’t know how to react. He basically just shoved a slave contract down and blackmailed her. “I’m not going to wait all day for this. You know you’re going to sign it, so what’s there to think about? Think of it as helping me out,” he pulled out a pen and pushed it into her hand. All the while, the four other boys were completely lost.

                “Hyung, what’s the meaning of this?” Sandeul grabbed the contract and read through it. His eyes widened in shock and his blood boiled the more he read. “Isn’t this going a bit too far? Can’t you just let it go?”

                “No! She ruined my brand new shoes. You KNOW I saved up for those,” he growled at his friend. Ella quietly took back the contract and signed it.

                “Here,” she carefully slid it back to him. Jin Young smirked and snatched the folder up.

                “Good. You are aware of the consequences if you so choose to disobey me?”

                “Yes. You’ll turn all the students against me and I’ll be the laughing stock of Tae Mun,” she whispered. The others eyes widened even more.

                “That’s right. Anyway, where’s your cell phone? I’m going to need your number so that I can contact you at any time,” he held out his hand. Ella reluctantly pulled out her phone and dropped it into his palm. He swapped numbers and tossed it back to her. “Well, I’ll see you guys later,” he waved and walked off. “Oh, and I’ll be taking her with me,” he turned back and grabbed Ella’s arm, dragging her out of the store.

                “What the heck just happened?” CNU asked, flabbergasted. Gong Chan was silently trying to figure things out and connect the dots, but was failing miserably. He grabbed his head in confusion. Baro leaned back in his seat, also very confused. Sandeul was infuriated and wanted to run after them, but something held him back. What if he did run after them? What would he do when he got there? Drag her away? Then what? She’s just going to go back anyway because she signed the stupid contract. Plus, how will the others interpret his actions? It would be too obvious if he chased them. ‘There’s no way I can protect her…’ he dropped his head in defeat.

//

[MC Tales: OMO, WHAT’S THIS? An indirect confession? What does he mean by ‘it would be too obvious’? Does he like her?! DAMN IT, JIN YOUNG. Why you gotta be so stubborn and childish. FORGIVE HER AND LEAVE HER ALONE! Ella! Why did you sign it? Actually, I know why…*continues ranting in the corner alone*]

//

                “Where are you taking me?” Ella struggled to get out of his grasp. Jin Young continued pulling her along. They made their way to the school vending machines and stopped there.

                “Get me that,” he pointed to the soft drink.

                “What?”

                “Get me that. I don’t have any change on me and I missed lunch. Please?” he pouted and pulled out the contract folder. Ella eyed the file and put on her best smile.

                “Sure!” she pulled out some coins and bought the drink. “Here you go.”

                “Open it for me,” he grinned. Obediently, she opened the can and handed it to him. ‘She listens well. I think I’m going to enjoy this.’ He took the drink and walked off. Ella stood there, waiting for his order.

                “Are you coming or not?” he called her. She shuffled after him and trailed behind at a close distance. They walked around the school until the bell ending lunch rang. “Meet at the front right after school,” he smirked at her before walking away.

--

                “Ella! Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” Sandeul searched her face and arms for any scratches or bruises. Giggling, she caught his hands and shook her head.

                “I’m fine, oppa. Everything is a-okay,” she took him to their seats. Ella didn’t mean what she had said. Everything was not okay. Her worst fears came true, and now, her life will never be the same. She sighed at the thought of what he had already made her do and what there was to come. ‘What’s done is done. I deserve this. I did ruin his clothes and shoes,’ she rested her cheek on her hand.

--

                “You’re late. And for that, you have to buy ice cream,” he strolled ahead of her. She jogged after him. “Hmm, where shall I go? Oh! I know!” he veered to the left and headed towards the busy vendors down the street. They came up to an ice cream parlour best known for their special waffle bowls. Jin Young went in before her, forgetting that she was there, and let the door close. It rebounded off her elbow and the pain shot up her arm. Quietly, she walked in, rubbing the pain away as much as she could. “I want the 3 scoop waffle bowl with chocolate, mint chocolate, and vanilla,” he ordered and looked at her expectantly.

                “Anything else with that?” the worker asked. Ella shook her head. “That’ll be $8.50 please.” Ella tried not to pout as she passed the money over. “Thank you. Here’s your order. Enjoy!” Jin Young walked away to find a table, leaving Ella with the tray of ice cream.

                “Yum, my favourites,” he rubbed his hands together and held up his spoon. A sly smile played on his lips as he eyed her evilly. Ella shifted uncomfortably in her seat. The look he was giving her was not sitting well in her stomach. “My arms are tired. Feed me.” Ella’s jaw dropped. Was he serious? “Feed me,” he waved the spoon. She took it and scooped up the chilly treat. She held it to his lips and looked away, embarrassed. Other students were pointing and gossiping about them. Jin Young smirked and ate the ice cream off the spoon. “Yum.”

//

[MC Tales: That…that…BULLY. Ella! Why? Why did you sign it! *You know why! Stop asking!* Oh, I’m sorry. Yes, I do know why…]

//

                Jin Young finished up his ice cream, with Ella’s manual labour and left the shop. They started walking home and conveniently enough, he lived in the same area as she did. His scheming little brain thought up of a ‘brilliant’ plan.

                “Ugh, that ice cream made me tired,” he faked a yawn and stretched out his arms. Peeking at her, he noticed that she was staring straight ahead, ignoring him. “Hmm, since I’m full, and you fed me all that ice cream, why don’t you piggy back me home,” he evilly smiled at her. Ella stopped in her tracks and stared at him in disbelief. Was he really trying to make her, a girl, piggy back him, a boy, all the way home? “I’m waiting,” he mocked her and waved her over. ‘He’s dead serious,’ she gaped at him. Remembering the contract, she dragged her feet to him and stooped down. He climbed on, making sure his full weight was one her. “Okay, let’s go,” he pointed forwards. Ella adjusted her grip and struggled down the road. Pedestrians passing by stared at the odd couple. They never would’ve thought that the girl would give the guy a piggy back ride. Jin Young tightened his grip around her neck and waist, trying to make her as uncomfortable as he could. Ella forced herself to endure the pain and staggered towards his house. Finally he pointed out his apartment building and hopped off. “Thanks for the ride, Ella. I’ll be seeing you tomorrow,” he sneered as she weakly waved and walked back in the direction they were coming from. They had passed her house earlier. Jin Young watched her walk away before climbing up the flight of stairs. ‘Maybe I should’ve made her take me up the stairs. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow,’ he chortled.

//

[MC Tales: ARE YOU FLIPPIN KIDDIN ME? You made her piggy back you home?! *What? I was tired* DOESN’T MAKE THE SITUATION ANY BETTER. You made a GIRL carry you home. I’m speechless…]

//

                ‘This was only the first day, Ella. CRAP, I forgot to ask him how long the contract is valid,’ she sighed and rubbed her sore back. Suddenly, she was scooped up into the arms of somebody. That somebody being Sandeul!

                “Oppa, what are you doing,” she tried to squirm out of his arms.

                “A lady should never have to carry a man unless he is injured in her defence,” he mumbled. “Get some rest, your house is quite far from here. I’m amazed you made it to his house. Then again, you are Choi Ella, the girl who never backs down from favours, regardless of whether or not she is capable of doing them,” he chuckled. Ella smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her head against his chest.

                “Thanks, oppa,” she mumbled before drifting off to sleep.

                “Anything for you, Ella,” he whispered.

--

[MC Tales: Aww, isn’t he sweet? Don’t you want to just pinch his cheeks and put him in your pocket? Ah, knowing that Sandeul is there for her reassures me a little bit. Only a little bit because that scoundrel Jin Young is still there *HEY! I HEARD THAT!* I don’t care! Merong! Hopefully there’s a loophole in that contract of his.]


 

IT'S TOO HOT........HEAT = DEATH OF ME 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's a bit long, so bear with my useless details >___<

COMMENT REPLIES

@ kmn007: haha makes me feel bad that I left this fic for so long T^T LOL I noticed that too XD 

@ hai_young: lol it was Jin Young. He screamed then said his next line ^^

@ ShyMin: Haha ebil XD made me laugh. Hmm, you'll just have to wait and see ^_~

@ kpop_love_you: ah, thank you~~~~ LOL DO TELL LOL

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT~~~ And if you friend me, I'll friend you back ^^ let's all be friends~ 

See you in the next Chapter!

-greenninjapanda GNP-