Donghae's Background

Beautiful Creatures

           We are back in his house within just short time. He walked over to the double couch and placed me down gently. I looked at the door, making sure it’s closed and lock. Donghae came back with a first-aid box. He placed the box on the table and sat beside me. Sliding my jacket down to my wrists, he begins treating the marks on my left arms. I just constantly watch him. I squeal when I felt something like an ant bites, he was dapping the sanitizer on the three long cuts mark on my arm before he applied some medicine and stick the trauma pad on my the cuts gently. He grabbed the gauzes and wrapped it over the trauma pad. During that whole time he didn’t speak a word. He just pays attention on my injuries. I was really scare earlier but the moment he arrive, I felt safe. I have say I’m pretty glad he lock me in his room.

            “Are you hurt anywhere else?” He tremble worried as he looked at me.

            I shook my head lightly. “No.” I answered in a whispered tone.

            “Sorry.” He said in a guilty tone. He looked down, unable to face me. I didn’t get why. He didn’t do anything wrong. He didn’t hurt me. He protected me.

            I life his face up by the chin, “You didn’t do anything wrong.” I said. “I should be thank you for saving me back there.”

            Donghae couldn’t lift his face up to look at me. I knew he was still angry about earlier. One thing I know for sure about demon is that they have short temper and hold quite long grudge. I sighed and think of a way to have his attention again. I need him to look at me; I need him to believe me that I’m really okay. But he just won’t listened, he keep looking at the floor more than at me. I’m beginning to get irritated. I cup his face and crashed my lip on him. He was slightly shock, but quickly kiss me back. His hands begin to slides to my back, gently played with the end of my hair as the kisses become hotter. He pushed me back, laying me down on the couch. He slides tongue into my mouth as his left hand sliding down my waist. It was getting out of control. My body is burning with these breathless kisses. I grabbed a hold of myself and push him slightly back.

            “No.” I breathlessly said. “We’re not going any farther then that.”

            He face was slightly disappointed as he supported himself on his elbows. His eyes flew to the door after he heard knocking. He sighed and got off me. He went to the door and opened it. Sungmin stood with smiles on his face. Without Donghae permission, Sungmin entered the room and walked up to me. He sat on the opposite side.

            “I see. You’re well.” Said Sungmin. He smiles at me.  

            Donghae closed the door and walk over to us. He sat on the same couch. “What are you doing here?” He asked Sungmin.

            “I came to let you know that we will be having a dinner feast tonight, so don’t be let.” Said Sungmin. “And also I heard father will make a special announcement tonight.”

            “Can I come?” I asked.

            Sungmin nodded, “Yeah….”

            “No.” Donghae objected immediately.

            “Why not?” I asked.

            “Why would you want to come?” He asked.

            Sungmin just sat and watched.

            “Because I want to.” I said. I actually had another plan in my mind. I need to go with him tonight. “Why won’t you let me go with you?”

            “Because you’re hurt.” He said in an angry way.

            “It’s not serious.” I tried to convince him. “Even if you leave me here alone, they might come and killed me. I’m not safe anywhere here in this mansion.” I’m seriously trying to make my point and it would be good to have someone at my back.

            “She got a point.” Said Sungmin. Thank god, now Donghae can’t say no. “Seriously, you two are like marry couple that argue over little things.”

            “I’m not taking any chances.” Donghae objected. “Taking you is only a distraction. You don’t know how to serve and it’s just a waste of time with you there.”

            “Lee Donghae!” I angrily said his name. “Do you know you’re a stubborn jerk? A head.” Seriously, he makes me angry.

            “Well, you’re a stubborn girl.” He talked back me. Now my face is furious as I glared at him.

            “Just let her go. There’s you and me at the dinner fest tonight. With everybody in the grand room, there’s no way she can get hurt or hurt anyone.” Said Sungmin persuasively.

            Donghae looked at me as if he knew what I’m up too, but I’m not giving up. To get my hand on the king life, I need to go.

            “Even if you don’t let me go with you, I will still sneak out of this room and go by myself.” I insisted.

            “She’s very stubborn.” Said Sungmin, looking at Donghae.

            Donghae stood and walked out of the room. I was slightly hurt. Is he always like this? Leave every time he is angry?

            “He will let you go.” Said Sungmin confidently. “Don’t worry.”

            “How would you know?” I asked.

            “I know him more than any one in this mansion.” Said Sungmin. “He’s the type that get angry easy, but at the same soften fast. If you pay extra close attention to his, you will see that he is the type that get easily trick but also convince.” He smiled as he looked down at his hands. “He’s actually a loner, well that’s what he think, because father is always busy and sending him to different mission. He always think that father don’t like him as much as Leeteuk.”

            Come to think about it, he does have a soft side that I never pay close attention to. He does what I asked him to do. I feel bad for not trying to understand him.

            “Tell me more about him.” I eagerly asked. “I want to know more about him.”

            Sungmin chuckles lightly and sighed before he speaks, “Our mother died giving birth to Donghae. Father was depressed. Everything becomes different. Ever since Donghae knew that he was the cause of mother death. He felt guilty and always wish he were never born. He always thinks father dislike him and never pays attention to him. He always thinks that father hates him. He felt unequal. I remembered when we were young he was very competitive; always good in fighting, tactics, and most important, possessing demon power. Out of four brothers, he was the strongest fighter. Siwon comes second; Leeteuk and I end up with the same rank. Every day of his life, he always tries his best to accomplish everything, to have father attention.  He looked up to father very much, but father always gives him a cold treatment as if Donghae wasn’t his son. But the truth is no. Father does care about him. He is always worried about Donghae. Afraid that one day Donghae will find himself trouble and unable to walk himself out of it. Not one minutes father stop thinking about him. When I noticed, I was jealous and angry. Why Donghae gets all the attention? He simply answered me, “Donghae is special. He’s the soft heart of demons. Father had asked me to take good care of him. Not because he’s a weak demon, but because his personality is easily taken advantage of, easily weaken, easily defeated.” Donghae may look strong on the outside but on the inside he is actually cuddling himself in the corner. He is like a lost child. Always wondering, always thinking, always feeling lonely.” Sungmin looked up at me with smiles. “I bet you he is standing out there, beside the door to clear his head.” He chuckles lightly.

            “Yeah right. Last time I scold at him, he left me alone in this room for two days.” I said in an angry tone. “So why would he be out there?”

            “He’s very protective, especially with you. He just makes you think that he leaves you alone, but actually he’s waiting and watching you outside. Don’t worry he can’t hear us. The room is soundproof.” Said Sungmin. I lightly nodded, “Did you see his face earlier at the garden. I know I did because I’ve never seen him that angry… for a girl. I’m pretty impressed. One day after a trip back from a short road watched, he captured you and asked father to give you to him. In just one month, you’re able to capture him. I’m really impressed Krystal.” He commented.

            I uncomfortably looked down, hiding my blushing face. Sungmin stood and head to the door. He stopped before he opened the door and turned around and looked at me.  

            “What ever you’re thinking, what ever you’re doing. Don’t hurt him.” Said Sungmin. I looked him with guilty and lost. “It was great to have a little talk with you.” He smiled lightly then he turn to the door and opened it.

            I see Donghae by the window in the corridor. Sungmin was right is waiting outside. So the other time when I scold at him, was he always standing outside too? Sungmin walked out and up Donghae, he gave him a pat. Donghae just confusedly looked at him. Sungmin walked away. Donghae looked in the room back at me. I was playing with my hands. He walked back into his room and closed the door behind him. He sat across from me. We awkwardly looked at each other.

            “What did you two talk about?” Donghae uncomfortable yet nosily asked me.

            “You shouldn’t have left the room.” I said to him. I look at him.

            Donghae kept his head down and sighed. “Fine. I’ll take you, but under one condition.” He finally looked up at me.

            “What?” I said.

            “You stay close to me. Make move at the dinner fest. Don’t expect me to save you. Attempt anything at the dinner fest, you will lose your life.” He said.

            I looked at him shock. He knew what I plan to do to night. He knew I wanted the king’s life. Since, I’m capture and here. I don’t plan to survive anyway.

            “Fine.” I lied.

            Our eyes met. He was analyzing me, seeing if I was lying to him. I kept my serious face. My face softens when I remembered what Sungmin told me about him. Now that I looked closely at him, through that charisma eyes, I notice his eyes are different. Sorrow, lonely, and fear. I can see tears that have dropped out in the past. I can feel the pain he felt in past…. It can be… I’m opening myself to him. I’m allowing myself to fall for him. I sighed and looked down, but stop at his chest. I see a wet spot. It’s not sweat; it’s dark and red on the right side. My eyes flew open in shocked as it becomes so noticeable.

            I pointed at the spot, “You’re bleeding.” I said.

            Donghae cluelessly looked down at his chest. Lightly touching the right side of his chest, I see bloods on his fingers. It’s darker than mine. He face show slight pain. I quickly walked over to him, sat down, and begin to the buttons of his shirt. I pulled it to the side a little; I can clearly sees the blood dripping down.

            “You’re hurt.” My voice shakes as I looked at the fingers mark on his chest. I lightly air touch his wounds. I reach for the first aid boxes and pulled is closer to me. Ripping the cover off, I take out the antibacterial piece of paper and dap it light on his wound.

            He grabbed my hand and stopped me. “I can do it myself.” He said.

            “Just sit still.” I said, trying to go for his marks again.

            He stopped me again, “I said I can take care of myself.” He repeats.

            “Can you just sit still and shut up for five minutes? You’re really like a baby.” I fake an irritated tone.

            He let goes of my hand and looked away. Finally I got him to be quiet and still, so I can to treat his wounds carefully and gently. He turned his head back to me, watching carefully like the way I watch him. Throwing the dry sanitizer sheet, I grabbed a thick layer of trauma pad and place it over his wounds. I tape it carefully before I put it back into the box.

            “How could you know that you’re injured?” I asked him almost like a whisper.

            “I didn’t pain.” He simply answered as I looked at me without a blink. “I didn’t feel anything.”

            My heart was beating crazily as I felt his hot breath burning my cheeks. I didn’t notice we were once again so close to each other. My cheeks burn when I glance at the corner of my eyes and see him lifting his hand up. I take a deep breath and walk to the bathroom immediately. Closing the door behind my, I lean back against the door and place my right hand at my chest.

            “You can’t Krystal. You can’t. Just remember, your sister is still alive. Your friends are still alive and they’re coming to rescue you.” I whispered to myself.

            Closing my eyes, I think of him again. No matter how hard I try, he keeps popping in my head over again.

 

To be continue………………………