Tampon

Beautiful Creatures

 

            Two days have pass since I’ve seen him. I’d been lock in his room with guards guarding outside. I cannot leave the room at all. Only servants can come in and place the tray of meals on the table then leave. I looked at the tray; it’s meat, fruits, and breads. I did not touch any of it except the bread. I need to survive. I went back to my corner by the window and resumes watching demons and skeleton walks back and forth. This is no different then prison. Lock in a room with guards outside, nothing but walls and windows. Sometime I see human tried to escape but fail and killed at the spot. It terrified me that I couldn’t do anything to help them, but just watch their blood run down the stones. I cry many times, I’m actually a crybaby; I hate seeing human die for their life. I continued to look out the window and see him walking with his brothers. I caught him watching the guards dragged the dead body away. Leeteuk approached him and place his hand on Donghae left shoulder. He say a few words to him, I could not identity what they were saying. I at reading lip; I wish Sulli were here to help me out. Jessica and Sulli are like the smartest in the Force. Jessica is great at leadership. Sulli is good in medicals, reading lip, and signs language. I am only good in fighting and being stubborn. I watched him walk away after he glanced up at his room.

            Noon is over and I did not eat lunch. I left the food there, sitting on the table after the servant left it on the table. I only stared at it. It was enticing but I fought with my mind and controlled myself from surrendering.  The reason I refused to touch the foods because I fear that it’s made of human. Yeah, I pretty much grow up in a messed up world. No electronic devices except walkie-talkies. Back at the force, we use walkie-talkie even like cellphone. To contact someone or wanted to speak to someone, we use walkie-talkie. No television, no Internet. Being told dozens of horrifying stories about the demons and the things they do, the story that frights me the most was demons eating human. I thought it was some made-up stories but it’s true and I’ve witnessed myself. Just thinking about him eating human body parts scares me. I shivered in disgust and fear. The door creaks in my ears; I looked over and see him at the door looking at me. His face expression tells me that his still upset at me. I have to admit I was harsh and have caused him a lot of trouble. It was partially my fault. I should have pay more attention in class when I was younger, especially when it comes to manners and being patient. Now, I really understand why my grades and brain are only average in studying but excellent in fighting, mostly real world experiences.

            He entered his room, closing the door behind him, and looked at the food left on the table before he approached me steadily. I watched him constantly. He takes off his suit jacket, throwing to the couch before he walks over to me.

            Donghae yearned, “You need to eat.” His voice was serene yet cold.

            I did not speak; I just looked at him, scanning my round eyes at his.

            “It has been two days already, you can’t survive on water and bread.” He said.

            “I’m not hungry.” I lied to him. I noticed he’s not wearing the same clothes. All his clothes are in this room, where can he possibly change. I’m not really a deep sleeper, wait I lied. I am. But I still stay cautious especially in a mansion full of demons and skeletons. Could it be that he have been staying over at some women house or rooms? Why do I feel this uncomfortable yet hot feeling in me? Am I jealous? My heart kept beating outrageously fast.

            He chuckles lightly with his head down for a second, “Not hungry or you are just afraid of something else.” He said.

            I embarrassedly looked down. Human meats still run in my mind. Is my expression really that easy to read?

            “It’s not made of human.” He said. I look back at him again in slight surprise. “Not all foods are made of human. It’s true that we eat human, but only raw or only if it’s necessary.” I gave him a dump looked. What the heck does he mean “only if it necessary”? Dude, I saw your people piercing their teeth through dead human skin and taking a bite. Apparently you all eat human like human having their regular diet.

            Donghae sighed, “I meant only when we have nothing but human food to keep us alive.” He said. “I don’t eat human. But I know my people do because… umm… because human taste good to them.”

            Okay that’s really disgusting just imagining him chewing on raw human meat. Suddenly, I felt his arms around me, his right arm under my legs and the other at my back. He carried me up. I surprisingly looked at him.

            “Don’t worry, I won’t do anything.” He voice was calm and sincere.

            Somehow his words disappointed me. I don’t know why, but I miss him… his touches and his lip. I miss it. He walks over to the living room and placed me down on the couch, in front of the tray of foods. He walks over to the opposite side and sat across the table.

            “Eat.” He ordered me.

            I hesitate, looking back and forth at him and the tray of foods. I don’t know if I should listen to him are not. Can I believe him? I mean, he safe me and all that but he didn’t explain why he’s doing all of this. I am hungry. Two days without a full meal and only bread, that is not healthy. I remember back at the Revival Force, my sister would make me eat healthy food all the time. Vegetable, juice, fruit, and more foods that take a long time to be cook or prepared. I was so disgust and tired of it. Sulli and I would secretly go somewhere and grab some junk food or hamburgers. Fast foods sound good that time. But now I really miss eating healthy, not because I’ve lost some weight but it’s because I miss Jessica. I wonder how is she? IS she safe? Is she still alive? What is she doing? Is she coming for me? How long do I have to stay here? A lot of question surround my mind.

            A fork with meat held in front of me. I look up and see him holding it close to my lip. “You need to eat. I can’t have you starve. I don’t like it.” He voice was gentle and caring as he eyes on me. “Please eat.” He pleaded in a soft tone.

            I opened my mouth and he feed me the first bite. I chew. Yup it’s not human meat for sure. It’s beef and it’s good. I continues to chewed as I watched him slices the steak into pieces and feeds me one at a time. My eyes stopped at the cut on his bottom lip, I remembered that moment in his private balcony room at the coliseum. We had a little intimated moment before I’d bitten him and shouted at him. I still haven’t had a chance to apologize to him yet. Yup, I owe him an apology.

            Reaching my right hand out to touch the cut on his lip across the table. “I’m sorry.” I apologized to him.

            He paused and looked at me. Analyzing my face if I’m lying to him or not. It’s obvious that I’m not. I pulled my hand back.

            “Is this sincere or you’re just playing with me?” He asked.

            I pouted and looked away. I don’t joke around when it comes to apologizing.

            He chuckles lightly and holds another piece of steak in front of my mouth. “I was just kidding. I would like it better if it was in another way.” He said.

            He’s up to something and I know what’s in his mind. He is such as ert, no a addict. Are all demons addicts? To me, he looks like one of those who can’t live without . Oh my god, what did I get myself into. For a second, I thought he sweet and caring. Now I take it back.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            Outside the windows, the sky is cloudy as usual. No raindrops, thunders, or lightening; just foggy, misted air, and cloudy sky. First day with him finally back. I have to admit, I did missed him dearly couple days ago. I’ve never missed anybody this much but Jessica. It’s almost a week and yet he has this much affect on me. Does demon do spells? I feel like I’m under his spell. Just seating in the couch in his master suite, listening to the sound of him gulping the wine down his throat shaken me. I secretly glanced at the apple of his throat. y. Okay Krystal, now is not the time for you to have those moments, no checking out guys. He put the glass aside and looks at me. I swiftly looked away. The awkwardness in the room, it’s really weird.

            I sighed and decided to break the silent between us, starting with a question, “How long have you been alive?” I asked.

            He slightly smirked, “Before you were even born.” He said.

            “I know that.” I said. “But I mean how long have you been frozen at this age?”

            “For 600 years.” He positively said. “I’m was froze at the age of 26.”

            I looked at him with freakishly shock face. Why does it sound like one of those twilight, zombie, or mutant movies? I thought they are not real at all. It makes sense on vampire that age freeze but he’s a demon. Vampire and demons are not the same.  

            “Our age freeze the moment we successfully possess our powers and become a full demon.” He continued. “Before that, I was just a normal person in human form; not wings, symbols characters, and red body. Always sneaking up into your world whenever I’m bored. There are times I’d got in a fight. My powers were limit; I guess I was out for more fun than actually focus on becoming a demon.”

            The thoughts of him with another women cross my mind. No wonder he’s such a good kisser and tempting. I jealously pouted as I played with my hands.

            “What are you thinking about?” He asked as he eyes on me.

            “Nothing.” I answered him coldly.

            “Tell me.” He insisted.

            I don’t want to tell him that I’m…URG!... that I’m jealous. Oh my god, I’m jealous. I shook my head and erasing all that thoughts before I shyly look at him after I thought of tampon. “I need something.” I said, changing the subject and trying to get that jealousy out of my head.

            “What is it?” He cluelessly asked.

            “Is there a store nearby, well at least still standing and have supplies that I need?” I asked. Okay, this is the stupidest thing I have ever thought of. Of course there’s none. They destroyed every thing they see.

            Donghae stood and walked over to me. He grab my left hand, pulling me with him out of the room. We keep walking, passing every skeleton and demons in the mansion. . Leeteuk, Sungmin, and Eunhyuk walk by and saw us.

            “What is he doing?” Leeteuk said as he watched Donghae walk out of the gate with Krystal.

            “Maybe, he’s want to try and have a date with her.” Said Sungmin.

            Leeteuk smirked, “Impossible.” He said. “Human are servant, they are barbarian.”

            “Not all are barbarian under us.” Said Eunhyuk in a calm voice. “She’s different.”

            “I see no different. She’s the same as other human. Weak and pathetic.” Said Leeteuk.

            “I wouldn’t say that. He asked father for her. Have you ever seen him asking father for a human before or any one?” Said Sungmin. Leeteuk looks at him. “No. But four days ago, he did for her.”

            Eunhyuk looks up at the sky and smiles calmly, “Our world is changing. She is the case, the start of a new world, new species.” He said with his hand together.

            “Our species will not change. Our world will not change.” He said in serious tone.

            Sungmin sighed hopelessly at his brothers’ determination.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            Finally we arrived at the store, outside of the Dark Realm’s small city; I was surprised that it’s still standing. There are a few guards walking back and forth, and only few lights working. I look around for a moment, thinking what I should get and what I need during my captive here. I begin to walk around the store on the first level with him behind me. From the toys aisle to the freezer aisle where foods are rotten, I went over to the women supplies. Make-ups, hairspray, women personal needs are still in its place. I thought of tampons. Even though my period ended the day before I left the Force and captured, I still need it. I don’t know how long I will be here or alive, I need these stuffs just in case I make it through everything. I see him held up a box of regular size tampon. I embarrassedly blush seeing him opening the box and take out one tampon.

            “What are these?” He held it up in front of his face and analysis. “It smells good.” He held it close to his nose, smelling it over and over again.

            I quickly grabbed it away from him and look at the box. He grabbed the tampon box with scent. No wonder he keeps smelling the tampon. Seriously, men are such an idiot. But at the same time I found him irresistibly cute.

            “Is these what you need?” He curiously asked me.

            “Umm, yes.” I nervously yet embarrassedly said. “It’s woman personal things.” I stuttered nervously.

            “What do you do with it?” He continued to ask cluelessly.

            “You don’t want to know.” I said as I putted it back the box.

            He insists finding his answer. He took the box and look at the manual that’s inside the box and read it. I tried to stop him, but by that time I took the manual away, he looks at him weirdly. I closed my eyes in embarrassment and sighed. Seriously, he’s really nosy.

            “This thing gets to be inside of you?” He asked me. “What does it do inside of you?”

            “It stopped the blood from leaking out. Woman have period. They get it once a month. Have you ever heard of period?” I said. “Do you get monthly period?” I decided to . “It’s a monthly thing that women go through. It’s too make sure that we, women, don’t get pregnant.”

            “No.” He said awkwardly as he shook his head and look down.

            I smiled. He is so cute when he blushed. “There, men are such idiots. They only think of , pleasure, and fun.” I said as I put the box back to its place and grabbed the complete set of regular, super, and lite tampon box before I walk away. He followed me out of the store. , I forgot to get myself some clothes, but with him following me everywhere, I can’t even shop. Well, not shop but get some underwear, bras, tops, and some pants. Okay, I need to go shopping, but I don’t shop with guys. I do all the shopping with my Jessica and Sulli only. That was so embarrassing in there. What else does demon know beside , pleasure, and killing? Apparently not tampon for sure. Damn it, I want ice cream now.

            I looked around the empty streets, nothing but destroy objects in the everywhere. I turn around and looked at him. By that look on his face, I knew he was still thinking about the tampon manual. He is such a ert demon.

            “I’m done.” I said, getting his attention back.

            “Oh…um… umm…” He stuttered in awkwardness. “Let’s head back then.” he said.

             I nod and take the lead. He shook his head a couple times before he walks with me back to his city.

            Our trip back was so awkward that I had to secretly laugh at him and his shock face. He look so cute when he found out about woman monthly periods, his face was so red and always facing the ground. Yup, he’s blushing in embarrassment. That serves you right for being nosy.

            Even after dinner was over, the room was still silent and he still have his head down. I decided to go take a shower in his master bathroom. Closing the door behind me and begin to shower. Outside the room, Donghae sat on the couple couch, looking at the box of tampon. He put his glass of wine down and walks over to the counter beside the bathroom. He stops and looks at the bathroom first. Once he heard the water running, he looks back at the tampon box. Opening the box, he took a tampon out, a regular size tampon. Holding it up, he looks at it. Tilting his head from left to right, he keeps looking at it.

            “So this stupid thing gets to be inside of her.” He jealously said. “What the heck is period? Monthly period? I’m not an idiot.” He put the regular size back it and grab other size, from lite to super, he analysis all. “Does this thing pleasure her?” He asked himself cluelessly.

            He heard the water stop running; quickly he put it back in the box, and closed it before he flew back to his seat and acted normal. I open the door and see him still sitting there. Standing at the door with a white towel wrapped around my body and wet water sliding down my skin, I see the nervous look on his face.

            “Umm… I need clothes. Can you get uh… ask someone feminine to get my new clothes?” I asked nervously.

            He was stunt and speechless for a second as he looks at me. I shyly blushed as I see him nervously gulping.

            “Donghae?” I whispered his name.

            “Umm sure.” He said and nervous gulped. “I’ll—I’ll be right back.” He stood and walked out of the room.

            I smiles as I walked back into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. Twenty minutes later, I was out of the bathroom with new clothes, vintage skinny jean with white tank top and a black jacket. It was his turn to shower, while he was in the bathroom; I look around his room, going through his stuffs. I walk up to the closet next to the plasma TV. Okay, I’m always curious why is there TV in his room. Does it even work? Why does he need a TV when they’re nothing to report or sees in this world? Anyway, I push that thought aside and open the closet. I see my katana hanging in the center with other things. Beside it is his mask, gold and white mask. I grab it and held it in front of me. Slightly touch the mask as I remember the first time he met him up till the kiss and now. I wonder why is he hiding his face behind a mask. Why is everybody hiding behind the mask? What’s there to hide? I don’t get it.

            “You shouldn’t go through others stuff without permission.” He said.

            He startled me. I accidentally let go of his mask. He quickly catches it and put it back where it was and closed the door.

            “I’m sorry.” I said.

            He turned around and walks to the couch.

            “Why did you keep my katana?” I asked him.

            “I collect things.” He lied.

            “Aren’t you afraid I will kill you one day?” I asked him.

            He shrugged his shoulder. “You can try.” He said with self-confident. “But remember you fail two times already?” I look away angrily. He smiles, “You should go to sleep. It’s late.”

            I looked at the clock beside the closet. Wow, it’s 12am already. I look back at him, who is now reading a book.

            “You can sleep on the bed.” He said. “Don’t worry, I won’t take advantage of you while you’re sleeping.” He looks at me.

            “What about you?” I asked. For some reason, a part of me want him bed with me. Not for , but it just… well, it’s his bed. I would feel guilty making him sleep on the floor on the couch.

            “I’ll be on the couch.” He said. “I’m not going anywhere.” He assured me.

            I just nodded and walk to the king size bed. I get on the bed and pull the thick layer of blanket over me. I look at him before I close my eyes and fall a sleep.

 

To be continue…………..