Distraction

Beautiful Creatures

 

           We cruised around the abandon city a couple times. We went into store, acting as if we were actually buying something. Nearly ten to fifteen minutes, we exit the store with empty bags and ride the horse again. I was confused at first, but I soon figured it out. He was just making sure no one is following us. He is really cautious. I would have never thought of it.

            We finally enter the wood. It’s foggy. I can barely see anything in the wood. I know he can, because demons have good eyes. Their red eyes can see through anything, especially when Siwon and Leeteuk notice the signal earlier. I wrapped my arms tightly around his right arm. Suddenly the horse stopped.

            “Stay where you are.” A voice spoke.

            My eye widen in surprise. I recognized this voice. It’s a male voice and I’d heard it for almost my entire life at the Force. It’s Minho voice. I see the team stepping out from behind the trees with weapons on guard in their hands. Sulli, Jessica, Minho, Jonghyun, and a few others are all here.

            “Make a move and I’ll shoot you down.” Said Minho with fierce tone.

            Jessica looked at me. “Krystal!” Jessica happily called me.

            Donghae got off the horse first and then he helps me down. I quickly run to Jessica. Jessica ran to me. We embrace tightly.

            Our hug ended. “Oh my god. I worry sick about you. Are you okay?” Jessica asked as she cup my face. “The day you got taken away, I could not stop thinking about you. I pray that you are safe and alive.

            I nodded my head. “I’m fine.” I happily said to her. “I thought you would never come. I thought I would never see you again.”

            Jessica smiles, “No silly. I will always come for you, its just matter of times. Sorry it took my this long.” She said. “Are you hurt anywhere? Did they do anything to you?” She asked worriedly.

            I shook my head, “I’m fine.” I assured her again.

            “Good. We can go home now.” Said Jessica happily.

            “She can’t.” Donghae uneasily spoke. His eyes were fierce yet uncomfortable.

            Everybody turned and looked at him, pointing their weapons at him.

            “I’m taking her home.” Jessica glared at Donghae. “Once we kill you first.”

            I frightenly steps back and stood between him and Jessica. “No you can’t.” I said.

            “She’s not leaving with you. She’s not going anywhere.” Donghae tensely build up his voice with glares flashing at Minho and Jonghyun who pointed their weapons at him.

            “What are you going to do if we insist?” Said Jonghyun. “There is a lot us and only one you.” He said in a daring tone.

            “You are surrounded.” Said Minho as he glared Donghae.

            Donghae gripped his fists tightly and take a step. Jonghyun shot a holy bullet at him. Donghae duck the bullet.

            “en !” Jonghyun shout as he fired more bullets.

            Donghae jump and flip in air, dodging the bullets.

            “Stop!” I frightenly run to Donghae. Minho went up to Jonghyun and took his gun away once he sees me running to Donghae.

            Looking into his eyes, I see fury fires burning in his eyes as he glared at Jonghyun. I frightenly held his hands tightly, shaking my head no. I plead him through my eyes. He looked at me; I cup his face with both of my hands. I could feel his breath filled with anger. “Don’t. Please…” I begged him in almost a whispered. “Donghae, please….” He hesitates for a second, as he looked me. Slowly the anger on his face disappeared. I turn around face the team. I see the shock yet puzzled on their face as they looked at me. “I can’t go with you.” I said.
            “Krystal, get away from him.” Minho ordered.  

            “No.” I stuttered frightenly.

            “You got to be kidding me right, Krystal?” Said Sulli in an unbelievable tone. “The whole team is here for you. We came to get you.”

            “Are you afraid of something?” Jessica confusedly asked me. “Did he threaten you?”

            “No. No he didn’t. It’s just that I promise him that I wouldn’t leave with you…. just not today.” I anxiously said.

            “I’m not leaving without you. We came here for you, we leave with you.” Said Jessica.

            “You don’t have to be afraid.” Said Minho.

            “I’m not. There are others like me back at the mansion.” I lied. Well, not really lie, but it’s true. There’s still human, alive, back in the mansion. “There are still other suffering and captive. I can’t leave yet.”

            “Staying there will kill you.” Said Minho, putting his weapon down and take a couple steps towards me. He worriedly looked at me.

            “I will be fine. He has been protecting me.” I assured him.

            “He protected you?” Sulli unexpectedly said. “Come on, wake up. You still alive because it is obviously that he have a thing for you.” Sulli gave Donghae a weird looks. “Even though he is good looking and all that, but still he’s a demon. Our goal was to kill demon, remember?”

            Donghae looked down at the ground, feeling hurt. So, all of this have been lies.

            “I am awake, I know where I am. I know whom I’m with and I know what I’m doing. Right now, I need to go back.” I calmly said.

            “Kry—k.” Sulli tried to speak.

            “Sulli, he has been protecting, keeping me safe. I’m still alive. I’m standing in front of you guys.” I said, trying to convince them. “I’ll be fine. I promise.”

            Jessica sighed hopelessly. She glared deadly at Donghae, giving him warning through her glared before she looked at me. “I’ll be waiting for you, but we won’t be here long. You need to make up your mind.”

            I unhappily nod, “I know.” I said.

            “Come here.” Said Jessica. I walked over to her, but Donghae quickly grabbed my right hand and stopped me. I looked at him and see the fears in his eyes. Fear that they might take me away. Minho misunderstood, thinking that Donghae will take me away again; he held his gun up and fired a bullet at Donghae but bullet comes flying towards me. 

            “Minho!” Jessica shouted in fear as she sees the bullet flying from his gun.

            Donghae saw the bullet heading toward him and Krystal; he quickly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me aside with him. The bullet went pass us, pass him by an inch. I grabbed onto to him tightly, breathing heavily. He reacts fast. He save me again. I don’t know how many but it’s a lot.

            “Minho, stop!” Sulli shouted. “Are you crazy? You could have gotten Krystal killed!” She shouted fiercely at Minho.

            “Sorry, I thought he was going to take her away again.” Said Minho.

            “Krystal.” Jessica worriedly called me as she takes a few steps forward.

            “I’m not leaving. I’ll be fine.” I assured him. He let go of my hand. I strolled up to Jessica. She embraced me tightly one more time. “Remember, our supplies only last for six days. We can only wait for you that long. You need to make your decision in within four days. On the forth day I don’t see, I will come look for you.” Said Jessica to me before she walks away with the team. I watched them for a bit for I Looked at Donghae. Sadness appears all over his face, he must have heard what Jessica say to me. I walked up to him.

            “Donghae…..” I whispered his name.

            “You are… you are really going to leave with them, right?” His stuttered sadly as he look at the ground.

            “Donghae… you know sooner or later I will leave.” My heart shattered as I looked at his sad face.

            He looked away sadly, “We should go. We need to head back.” He said in cold tone.

            He turned around and walked up to the horse. I knew he was upset, but I have no choice, I can’t stay here. He can’t always protect me. I’d tried to kill the king and fail. Though right now it seems like the king is leaving me alone, but inside he want me dead. I have to leave. I looked back at him seeing him waiting for me at the horse. I walked up to him and we ride back to the mansion without a word. We just a silent horse rides back to the mansion.

            “Interesting.” Said Siwon. He watched Donghae and Krystal ride back on a horse. He turned his head to the other side where the team had disappeared. He smirked as he think of Jessica. “So that’s your name. Jessica.” He whispered seductively. “Pretty name, but you looked very familiar as if I seen you somewhere.” Siwon did not tried to remember. He turned around and away.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~~

            The horse ride back was awkward and unpleasant. He didn’t say a word nor did I. I didn’t because I knew if I say something, all I get would be a shrugged or just his sad eyes. Since he didn’t speak a word to me, I follow to him to the fighting tournament, which I have no clue. We met Eunhyuk and Sungmin in a large room. This room is full of weapons and armors. He stopped and looked at me.

            He sighed, “Go over to Eunhyuk and Sungmin.” He said in a cold tone before he walked away.

            I grabbed him, stopping him for a moment. “What about you?” I asked.

            “I have to go get ready.” He said sadly looking at me.

            “Ready for what?” I asked.

            “For the tournament.” He answered.

            I let go of his hand and watched him walked away. He’s ignoring me. His unhappy.

            “You two had an argument huh?” The nosy Sungmin asked.

            I didn’t answer and just looked down at the hard floor.

            “Don’t worry, he will get over it.” Said Sungmin. “Come on, we need to go to our seat.” He said.

            I walked with them to the second level in the room and seat along side with Sungmin and Eunhyuk. Looking down, I see Donghae along with his Siwon, Leeteuk, and a few others.

            “What is going on?” I asked as I keep my eyes on Donghae.

            “This is the tournament.” Said Sungmin.

            “It’s for the king to see who is worthy to take over the kingdom.” Said Eunhyuk. “He set this up to test all the princes. It only happens once every 40 years.”

            “Sungmin, why are you in it?” I asked.

            “Because being a king is not what I wish or had in mind. I think I enjoy where I am now.” Said Sungmin in a pleasant tone.

            “Why is Donghae in there? Does he want to be the king?” I asked.

            “He doesn’t, like I told you before he would do anything to get his father attention.” Said Sungmin. “He has been in this tournament for 4 matches already and only won two match.”

            “How much does he need to win to be the king?” I asked.

            “5.” Said Eunhyuk. “But it’s not easy to win. If one is distracted, then he will loose this round and maybe his life.”

            I frightenly looked at Donghae from my seat. The king entered the room and walked to his seat. Looking at me from his seat, his eyes were filled with suspicious and cold. But it didn’t bother me as much as seeing Donghae down there.

            “Let the tournament begin!” Said the king loudly.

            Leeteuk and one of the demon guards in heavy armors step into the center of the room, looking at the guard, there is here are no gap in between the armor. It’s impossible to kill this guard. I sat and watch them fight, ferociously and deadly. This is not a joke. Leeteuk is pretty serious, the way he attacks, and the way he grabbed onto the guard head and tried to rip it off his body. It’s really intense. He pushed the guard to the wall and struck a fist through the armor and ripped his heart out. I gulp nervously and frightenly. Leeteuk won that match for sure. It was Donghae next. I watched carefully entered the fighting round. I watch him turn red with black wings. I watched him attack, fight, and dodges worriedly from the side. The Demon king, I see him c Sungmin is right, he is really strong and a good fighter. In five minutes, he finished the guard, torn the guard in half like a piece of cake.

            The tournament continues on for the next half hour. There were no guards left. Only the three princes remain; Donghae, Siwon, and Leeteuk. Donghae walk up to the center of the room, waiting patiently for his opponent. Leeteuk take a couple step.

            “Wait.” The king stopped him. Everybody all looked at the king. The king stood and walked to the center. “I’ll take you place in this match.” He said.

            My heart dropped dead. This can’t be serious right? The last fight scares the hell out of me. I held my hand tightly praying and worrying as I looked at the king. Donghae shocking looked at the King.

            “Father….” He voice trembles in fear.

            “Don’t see me as your king, your father. Just see me as your threat like last time.” Said the king.

            “Father, no.” Said Leeteuk and Siwon.

            Donghae stuttered in confusion as he looked at his father. “I—I can’t.” He stuttered.

            The demon quiz chuckles lightly, “I won’t get mad.” He takes few steps forward.

            Donghae lowered his head. “You will fight with me or else you give up that little human girl.” He said almost in a whispered. Donghae glared at the king. “You fought for her last time. You attack me because of her.” He pointed at Donghae chest. “Now you fight me. I want to see how heroic you are. I want to see how strong you are. I want to see what you’re capable of. I want to see how you can protect her pathetic life.”

            “Father, please….” Donghae begged.

            “You fight me or she die.” Said the king. “Do you know you’re showing the weak sign? A pathetic weakling. You let her demand you. You let her have control of you. Why do you get from her? Nothing. You wasting your times on her.” He continued to taunt him. “I should have never gave her to you from the start. I should I have rip her apart and fed her to our pet.” Donghae angrily gripped her fist as he glared at him. “She is distraction. You don’t get rid of her. One day I will. I’ll make sure she dies in front of you. So you fight me not or I’ll let other have a taste of her.”

            Donghae throw a fierce fire punch at the king, sending him flying away. Everybody in the room watches in them shocks. The demon King landed on his feet and smirk as he looked at the angry Donghae. He stomp his right feet and charge fiercely at Donghae in his full demon form. Donghae dodge from left to right, up and low. The king punches were fast and furious. His eyes were filled with fire. I didn’t hear what they say. I could only helplessly watched in terror. Donghae didn’t go easy either, he was glowing red, black symbols cover almost 1/3 of his body. It was ancient characters that I don’t understand. He grabbed the king right wrist, stopping his punch, and blast the king away with his left palm. The king charge at Donghae again, pushing him back, throwing him to the wall before he throw a fire blast at Donghae.

            “Ah!” I squealed frightenly.

            The fire disappeared and I see Donghae weakly trying to get back on his feet. The king flew to him, lift him up by the throat, and slam his to the wall; cracking the wall. Donghae grabbed onto the king right wrist with both of his hands, struggling to free himself. The king lift his other free hand up, I see spears and swords flying in the air, pointing at him.

            “Look at yourself. Look at what she done to you. She made you weak.” Said the demon king. “She is just using you.”

            Donghae arrogantly twist the king wrist and kick him away. Donghae landed on his knees. Gripping onto his fist tightly, Donghae ferociously charge at the king, tackling him the wall.

            “No, she’s not!” Donghae exclaimed in anger.

            The demon king smirked, he jump and flip over Donghae. He grabbed Donghae neck and threw him in the air. The king flies up and kicked Donghae down to the hard floor. The tiles cracked. Donghae split out bloods.

            I jump off my seat. “Donghae!” I frightenly shouted for him, pleading the king to stop as my eyes shaken with tears. The king land and lift his palm at Donghae, ready to blast him again. Siwon and Leeteuk immediately flew to Donghae, standing in front with their wings spread then close, blocking the fierce red fire from their father palm. I watched them slowly slides back as they hold off the fires. Sungmin flew down and run to the demon king and tried to stop him. The king held his palm up at him, Sungmin freeze and drop to his knee. Donghae tried to get up. The king stopped and looked at his sons. I ran my way down to the first level with Eunhyuk behind me.

            “Back to your spot.” The king demand. Sungmin, Leeteuk, and Siwon stood in front of Donghae with their head down. “Back to your spot!”

            No one move. The demon king angrily grips his fist.

            “Father, please stops.” Leeteuk begged.

            “You’ll kill him if this continues.” Siwon frightenly said.

            “Don’t worry I won’t kill him.” Said the demon king.

            “But still… father enough already.” Said Sungmin, trying to be reasoning.

            The demon king hissed as he his head to the side. Donghae successfully yet unstably got back on his feet.

            “Just move aside.” Donghae weakly said as he tried stand on his feet gasping heavily.

            The demon king pushed Siwon and Sungmin apart and walked up to Donghae. Siwon, Leeteuk, and Sungmin were astounded as they looked at Donghae. I finally got to the first ground. I ran but Eunhyuk grabbed my shoulder and stop me. I turn my head to him, seeing him shook his head. My heat beats worriedly as I looked back at Donghae.

            The demon king stopped in front of Donghae, glaring at him as if he’s analyzing him. He sighed and exhaled deeply.

            “Give her up.” Said the king. “I need to see my son again. But the only way I can see you again is for you to let her go. She’s a distraction, Donghae. She will get you kill one day.” He said in a calm voice.

            Donghae coldly yet blankly looked at him as he tried to maintain his balance. “I am myself. This is how I am and who I am.” Said Donghae. “She didn’t change me, instead she show me her love. I love her.” He eyes were sharps, but his breaths were short. He inhales and exhales heavily. 

            The demon king hopelessly chuckle, “Love? Then the love she gives you will kill you. No human are trustable. They only want us dead.” He said. “I give you one week to get rid of her. One week to end everything you have with her.” The demon king turned around and walked away.

 

To be continue……………………….