Yemin-"Someone Met By Chance"

Super Junior's Playlist Shuffle

Author: wookiebear

Pairing: Yemin

Song: "Someone Met By Chance"- LEDApple

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I blinked and rubbed my eyes, but the scene didn't shift.  I was hoping that my eyes were lying to me, but they were honest.  They only showed the truth that my mind had refused to let me see before.  Now that it was playing out right before me, it was impossible to pretend that everything was okay.  I couldn't fool myself anymore.

I didn't know how long I stood staring through the coffee shop window.  It seemed like years, but I couldn't force myself to turn away.  I thought it would hurt more, like a dagger through my chest.  In actuality, I could only feel numb, a cold dead feeling that spread from my heart to every fiber of my being.

"Minnie?"

I slowly turned my head to the side, my eyes looking blankly in the direction of the voice.  Ryeowook tilted his head in confusion when he saw my face.  He hurried to my side and grabbed my arm in concern.

"Sungmin, are you okay?"

I didn't bother answering him, instead I just looked back through the window.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ryeowook stare up at me, his brow furrowed in worry.  I knew he had looked through the window when I heard his shocked gasp and felt his hands drop from my arm.

"T-tell me that's n-not...i-it can't be" he whispered to himself.

In any other situation I would have laughed.  He had spoken the exact words that ran through my head when I first realized that what I was seeing wasn't real.

"L-let's not jump to c-conclusions, I-I'm sure there's an e-explanation to this" his voice sounded strained, just like it always did when he was lying.

It was so obvious that he was trying to convince himself that this wasn't real.  I knew he was trying to protect me, offer me some type of hope to grap on to.  I appreciated the gesture, I really did, but I wasn't stupid.  I knew there wasn't anything that could be said that would make everything better.  There just wasn't.

Without another word I turned and walked away.  I head the sound of hurried footsteps and I knew Ryeowook was folowing after me.  He walked at my side, his breath accelerating slightly as he tried to keep up with my pace.  I ignored his presence along with the rest of the world.

I moved farther and farther away from the coffeeshop window.  I blinked and the first tear fell, followed by countless others.  Still I didn't turn back.  I didn't need to.  The image of my finace kissing another man was already permanently imbedded in my brain, never to be forgotten.

**********

Ryeowook begged me to come to his house, he promised it would be fine and he swore that Kyuhyun wouldn't mind.  I smiled at him half-heartedly, but refused.  I was fine.  I didn't need to be babied, what I needed was the truth.  I needed Yesung to tell me the goddamn truth.

It was the next evening when he returned to the apartment.  I looked up when I heard the sound of keys in the lock and seconds later Yesung walked into the room.

"Whoa!  You freaked me out Minnie!  What are you doing sitting alone in the dark?"

He flicked on the light and came towards me, an easy smile stretched across his lips.  My eyes scanned over him and I felt my heart sink.  It was like he was a stranger, ever since yesterday he had changed in my eyes.

He sat down beside me, opening his arms wide.

"No hello hug?" he said in a mock pouting voice.

I just stared at him, moving away from him slightly.  He frowned at my reaction and he slowly dropped his arms.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

I couldn't stop the bitter laugh that tumbled from my lips and his eyes widened in in surprise. 

"Where the hell were you?" I asked lowly, trying to keep the tremor out of my voice.

He chuckled slightly and replied airily.

"Is that why you're acting so weird?  Babe, I told you I had to go out of town for work"

I bit my tongue so hard that I could taste blood.  I held myself back, swallowing all the emotions and hateful words that threatened to fall from my lips.

"For work?  Where did you go?"

He seemed to relax, thinking I had calmed down a little.

"My little bunny is getting forgetful" he cooed, smiling at me, "I told you I needed to to Incheon"

I continued to look at him evenly, not betraying any emotions.

"So you weren't here in Seoul?"

"Geez Minnie!  I think all this wedding planning is staring to mess with you, of course I wasn't in Seoul.  Seriously, should I call Wookie and have him take you on a little vacation.  The stress is obviously staring to affect you"

His soulful eyes shone with concern and his beautiful voice, the deep baritone that sent shivers up my spine, was coated in a thick layer of tenderness.  He reached over and grabbed my hand, squeezing it lovingly.  I looked at him and he smiled, pressing his lips against my hand.

I snapped.

His lovely voice let out a startled gasp and his dark eyes filled with confusion as my hand made contact with his cheek.  The resounding "smack" that echoed through the room was the only sound in the apartment.  He stared up at me, his jaw flung open and his eyes wide.

I calmly stood up and wiped my hand on my jeans. 

"Get out" I commanded firmly.

"What the hell?!" he asked sounding angry.

I shot him an icy glace and repeated,

"Get out of my house.  Get out and take all your lies with you"

"What are you~"

I cut him off, beginning to loose my cool.

"KIM JONGWOON, GET THE OUT!"

He scrambled off the couch, no doubt startled.  I rarely raised my voice and I never called him by his given name, it must have been a shock.

"Minnie?"

"Don't call me that" I growled, "Don't you dare call my name with those tainted lips of yours.  Don't touch me with your dirty hands and don't poison me with anymore of your goddamn lies!  Did you really think I was that stupid!?  Did you think I would never find out!?"

He stared at me, his eyes growing panicked.  My eyes on the other hand grew colder.

"Get out, you're nothing to me anymore.  The Yesung I loved died yesterday, he's gone"

"Sungmin~"

"Go" I ordered, pointing towards the door with finality. 

After a long pause, he nodded and started walking.  I followed after him, making sure he was really leaving.

"I'm going, but it's not because I don't love you.  I love you more than anything in the world Lee Sungmin!  Do you hear me!?"

I slammed the door in his face.

**********

"Minnie, who is that guy over there?  He keeps staring at you"

I looked over my shoulder and saw Yesung staring at me.  I turned back around and squeezed my lover's hand tighter.

"It's nothing Henry, just ignore him"

"But I really don't like it, he's pissing me off!  He keeps checking you out.  Do you know him or something?"

I smiled and pressed a kiss against Henry's lips.

"No, I don't know him.  He's just someone I met by chance"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh... I legit didn't know what to do with this one...

But the song came up and so I had to go with it, sorry Yemin fans...

Honestly, I was too distracted by the weirdness of the m/v to focus on the story...