Yemin- "Only Learned Bad Things"

Super Junior's Playlist Shuffle

Author: wookiebear

Pairing: Yemin, slight Kyuwook

Song: "Only Learned Bad Things"- B1A4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"!" I cursed under my breath as I listened to the ominous sound of the dial tone.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and began pacing, mumbling incoherently as I tried to figure out exactly where things had gone wrong.  From my point of view, I didn't think I did anything too awful, but apparently I had because my conversation had ended abruptly with the sound of my lover's muffled sobs.

Scratching my head in confusion I figured it was time for a second opinion.

I walked out of my bedroom, searching for my roommate.  I wasn't surprised to see him parked on the couch, his fingers flashing as he jammed them into his keyboard.

I didn't waste any time walking over and pushing the computer shut, ignoring the enraged outburst that I recieved in response.

" Yesung!  What the hell!?"

I hurredly snatched the device away before he could reclaim it.  He glared up at me hatefully but I remained unaffected.

"Kyu, help me out here" I pleaded.

He scoffed like I was an idiot before reaching to pull his phone from his pocket.

"No, my next tutoring session is in 10 minutes and I'm sure as hell not gonna waste my time with you"

"C'mon Kyu, I'm seriously in trouble here and I have no idea why"

He groaned and covered his face with his hands,

", are you seriously fighting with Sungmin again!?  What the did you do now!?"

I shrugged my shoulder helplessly,

"If I knew would I even be asking you right now?"

Kyuhyun shot me an acidic glare and looked ready to tear my head off but a knock on the door interrupted him.  He quickly jumped to his feet and hurried towards the door.  I heard the click as he opened the door, but I grew curious when I heard Kyuhyun murmur,

"Oh hey, you're early"

I craned my head, trying to sneak a peak at the person at the door.  Kyuhyun was acting way too cool for it to be just another student, normally he would have yelled at them for arriving ahead of schedule.  It was obvious that his client was someone special to him.

"Ah, I'm sorry, is it a bother?"

I felt my ears perk up when I heard a familiar musical voice.

"Wookie?" I called out.

A few moments later, my dongsaeng peeked his head around the corner, his eyes widening with surprise when he saw me.

"Yeye hyung!" he chirped running over and hugging me tightly.

I laughed and returned the warm embrace, noting with satisfaction that Kyuhyun watched us, sending me murderous looks.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, smiling down at my much shorter friend.

"Ah, Kyuhyun-sshi kindly offered to be my tutor for math, I didn't know you were his rommate"

I nodded, and Kyuhyun quickly butted in,

"How do you guys know each other?" he inquired.

He sounded polite enough, but I knew him well enough to detect the jealously that dripped from his voice.  I had to repress the smirk that threatened to stretch across my lips.  It seemed my bastard of a roommate had a little crush.

"Wookie is Sungmin's roommate and best friend" I informed Kyuhyun.

He nodded slightly, his eyes narrowing when he saw Ryeowook's hand on my arm.

"So what do you have planned for Minnie today?" Ryeowook asked, sounding excited, "I promise I won't ruin the surpise!"

"Huh?" I asked, staring at him blankly.

A look of horror passed over my dongsaeng's face and he whispered,

"Tell me you didn't forget..."

"Forget what?" I questioned anxiously, a feeling of dread slowly coming over me.

"Hyung!  How could you forget that today is your 3 year anniversary!?  Minnie was up all last week planning for today, but you didn't even remember!?"

I felt the blood rush from my face and I cursed,

"Crap!  Is it the 18th already?"

Kyuhyun chuckled slightly and he muttered,

"Well now we know why he's pissed at you"

I sunk down on the couch and buried my face in my hands.

"Oh no, this is bad.  I forgot his birthday and now this?  What am I gonna do?"

"You forgot Sungmin's birthday!?  Yesung, even I can remember his birthday, it's freaking New Years" Kyuhyun commented in disbelief.

"I was really really reeeeeally drunk, okay!" I defended weakly, knowing what a failure of a boyfriend I was.

I felt my phone vibrate and I dug it out of my pocket, quickly scanning the message,

       

      "Yesung... I think we need to take a break for a while..."

 

I groaned and hung my head in defeat.  I was literally the tiest boyfriend ever.

"Guys, Sungmin wants to end it..."

"End what?" Ryeowook asked, innocently.

Kyuhyun smiled slightly at my dongsaeng's cuteness before glaring at me and grumbling,

"Well what did you think?  I don't blame him, you !"

I nodded, but I still felt tears prick the back of my eyes.  I knew it was too much to expect Sungmin to be forgiving, but I couldn't help but feel my heart breaking at his request.  Despite all my shortcomings, I really loved Sungmin, truly and deeply.

Unfortunately, my love couldn't overcome all my faults as a lover.  Truthfully, I was an awkward boyfriend.  I had never been in a serious relationship before meeting Sungmin and the whole dynamic was highly foreign to me.  I knew it wasn't an excuse, but I was horribly lost in this world of love and dating.

I couldn't even express how I really felt towards him.  I was always so embarrassed and self concious that I could never convey how much he meant to me.  My mind and heart was dominated by my sweet lover, but I hadn't even managed to say those three little words to him. 

Everyday with Sungmin felt special, and just being with him was something to celebrate.  Our days went by so quickly that I could never keep track of the date, hence the reason why I was so forgetful.

The fact that I could never remember important dates coupled with the fact that I had never told Sungmin that I loved him no doubt made him anxious.  Thus far he had been forgiving, overlooking my mistakes with a smile, but it seemed this was the last straw. 

"What am I gonna do?" I whispered, forgetting that I wasn't alone, "I can't lose him..."

"Don't worry hyung, we'll help!"

My head shot up and I looked at Ryeowook with hopeful eyes,

"R-really?"

Ryeowook nodded,

"I know you love Minnie, I can see it, and Minnie loves you too.  I can't stand to see two people who so clearly need each other broken apart.  Don't worry hyung, Kyu and I will help!"

I shot a glance at Kyuhyun who was staring at Ryeowook incredulously.  Ryeowook quickly shot a pleading look at Kyuhyun, walking over and grabbing his hand urgently.

"Uh, I'm sorry if this puts you in an awkward position, do you mind?"

Ryeowook's doe-like eyes were wide and innocent and he bit his lip anxiously to add to the effect.  I wondered idly if Ryeowook knew how cute he was being, and I held back a smile as I saw Kyuhyun visibly slump in surrender.

"F-fine" Kyuhyum mumbled, eyes locked on the slender hands that were wrapped around his.

"Yay!" Ryeowook cheered, pulling my rommate into a sudden hug.

I noted with amusement that Kyuhyun's face was tinted a plae shade of pink.  This was the first time I had ever seen him blush.  If things worked out with Sungmin, I would definately give Kyuhyun hell about this later.

When Ryeowook pulled away he quickly hurried over to me and dragged me to my feet.

"C'mon, we need to get going.  We have a lot of ground to cover"

I looked at my dongsaeng blankly and he rolled his eyes,

"I'm going to teach you exactly what it means to be a good boyfriend, so listen up.  Pay attention because if you screw this up then I'm not gonna help you anymore, instead I'll help Minnie find a new lover, got it?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat that formed as the fear of Wookie's threat sunk in.

"I got it" I agreed, allowing my dongsaeng to lead both me and Kyuhyun out of the room.

**********

I took a nervous breath as I smoothed my suit, hoping I didn't look too ridiculous.  In all honesty, I felt silly.  I was dressed up in my finest suit and waiting in the park.  Everytime I recieved a strange look, I felt myself flush with embarrassment.  I tried to block it all out and prayed that Ryeowook hadn't been trolling me.

"Remember hyung, Sungmin's dream date is a romantic dinner in the park.  Simple, but special enough to show that other cares"

I dug my phone out of my pocket and dialed, Kyuhyun picked up almopst immediately.

"Relax Yesung, we just finished, everything is perfect"

There was some shiffling on the other side of the line and then RYeowook's voice replaced Kyuhyun's.

"It's fine hyung, now hang up!  I told you, Minnie's pet peeve is when people ignore him for their phone"

"Right!" I answered, quickly hanging up and putting my cell on vibrate.

I fidgeted anxiously, waiting for a familiar car to pull up.  Before long, Sungmin pulled up, and I fought the butterflies that threatened to explode in my stomach.

I had asked him to meet me here, making sure he knew nothing of my plans.  I made it seem like we were going to talk about our relationship and discuss whether or not to break up.

He slowly got out of his car, looking tired and upset.  I felt my chest tighten slightly with the knowledge that I was the one responsible for putting such a sad look on his face.  I took a deep breath and walked over to him smiling warmly.  His eyes widened slightly when he saw me and I noticed they were red and slightly puffy from his crying.

"Hey" I greeted.

Sungmin nodded and looked down, sniffling slightly.

"W-what's with the suit?" he questioned in a small voice.

"C'mon" I said, ignoring his question and offering him my hand.

Sungmin looked at me hesitantly before slowly taking it.  I smiled to myself as I entwined our fingers together, not forgetting Ryeowook's lesson.

"Lovers hold hands, and I know for a fact that Sungmin is too shy to initiate.  Yesung, be the man in this situation!"

I cheered to myself at the mission accomplished.  I squeezed Sungmin's hand slightly and I looked down at him.  He was staring at his feet, a faint blush on his cheeks.  I smiled at his cuteness and quickly tugged him along.

"W-where are we going?" he asked, I thought we were just gonna talk about... well y-you know..."

I nodded and answered,

"We can talk over dinner, okay?"

I saw him nod slightly and then we lapsed into silence.  I forced myself not to start chattering nervously, doing my best to keep my mouth shut so I wouldn't ruin the surprise.  When we got close to our destination I dropped Sungmin's hand and quickly walked behind him, tying a blindfold over his eyes.

"Yesung!" he squeaked in alarm, but I quickly shushed him.

"It's okay, I'm right here"

I pushed him along, making sure to whisper reassuring words in his ear everyone in a while.  When we finally arrived at the little table decorated with pink rose petals and surrounded with the gentle glow of candles I removed the blinder from Sungmin's eyes.

His eyes fluttered open anxiously, but immediately widened and he gasped softly.  I smiled at another success as Ryeowook's teachings resounded in my head,

"Minnie loves surprises, the more romantic the better!"

I expected Sungmin to smile and maybe even laugh.  What I didn't expect was his eyes to fill with tears.

"Sungmin?" I asked, worried by his reaction.

In response he let out a choked sob and the tears began to stream down his face.

"L-let's break u-up" he cried, making my stomach go cold with fear ad shock.

"W-what?  B-but all this is for you..." I answered, feeling the panic rise in my chest.

He shook his head, his tears falling faster now.

"N-no, I know you didn't d-do this yourself.  W-wookie did all this, n-not y-you"

I opened my mouth, but closed it.  There was nothing to say, he was right.

"I-it's fine Yesung.  I know y-you don't love me, p-please don't f-force yourself"

I was silent for a moment as his words sunk in.  I knew I had never told him I loved him, but a part of me had always believed that he knew how I felt.  I felt like the world's biggest idiot.

He turned and looked like he was going to run away, but I grabbed him from behind.

"Stop" I begged him, tightening my grip on him when he struggled to get out of my grasp, his sobs growing more violent.

I spun him around so he was facing me and I hugged him tight.  He didn't even try to escape, choosing instead to clutch my coat as he buried his face in my chest.

"Shhh, shhh" I soothed, holding him tightly.

When he started to calm down a little I leaned down and whispered in his ear.

"It's true.  I didn't plan this, Ryeowook did" I felt him tense up, but I continued anyway.

"Sungmin, I will never be the kind of boyfriend who will remember birthdays and anniversaries.  I will never be the type of lover who can surprise you with romantic dates in the park"

I paused and titled his face so he was looking into my eyes,

"But I can be the boyfriend that is there for you when you're sad.  I can be the lover that sings your favorite song to you every night before you go to bed.  I can't promise you that I'll always remember the important dates, but I can swear to you that I will always be by your side"

I leaned closer to him staring into his wide eyes,

"I can't promise to be your dream lover, but I can promise to love you with all my heart.  I know I've never said it, but I do love you, more than anyone else in the entire world"

I closed the gap between our lips and I hoped he could feel all the genuine love and devotion I was trying to convey.

When we parted Sungmin hugged me tight, burying his face in my chest again.

"T-that's all I wanted, I just wanted to know you cared"

I smiled as I returned his hug,

"I love you Lee Sungmin.  I'll tell you over and over if you want me to, I'll scream it from the roof tops for the world to hear, because it's true.  I am completely and totally in love with you"

I heard him giggle slightly and I finally relaxed, knowing we would be okay.

**********

Sungmin was nestled in my lap and I played with the little hairs on the nape on his neck.  A romantic comedy was playing and a half eaten pizza was on the coffee table.  I sighed happily, kissing the back of my lover's neck sweetly.  Sungmin giggled and snuggled closer.

We both looked up when the door opened.  Ryeowook and Kyuhyun walked in, their hands clasped together.  Sungmin and I exchanged confused looks before I finally asked,

"What's going on here?"

Ryeowook smiled cutely and replied,

"Me and Kyu are dating now"

My jaw dropped and I spluttered,

"W-what!?  But you just met today!"

Kyuhyun smirked and shot back,

"Unlike you, some people aren't so shy about their feelings"

I stared at my roommate in disbelief as he and my dongsaeng disappeared into his bedroom.

"Am I really that slow?" I asked Sungmin.

My lover laughed and nuzzled my neck,

"Yeah, you kinda are, but it's okay, I love you anyway"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohooo!!!!  Today is my 18th birthday!!!!

*throws confetti*

Hope you enjoy the fluffy Yemin and slight Kyuwook!!!  I hope you appreciate it because I abandoned my AP Calc homework to type this!

Spread the love!!!!!!