Visitors

[Part 2] The Rapper's Club

“Gongchan, promise me that you won’t say anything to Baro.”

It was a few days later and Gongchan was getting ready to go back to the city. It had been way too much fun having him around and I was feeling a slight bit of separation anxiety. I wasn’t the same girl from before and I had to remember that. Part of moving away was that I had nothing to do with anyone in my past.

“Don’t make me promise that,” Gongchan said.

“If you tell him something and he shows up here I swear I will disappear again.”

“But that’s totally hyung’s kid. How can you make me hide something like this?”

“You don’t know that for sure.”

“Then why not get a DNA test?”

“It’s been four years! As far as I’m concerned it’s a done deal. Besides, you guys have to work. You don’t need my drama on top of everything else.” I let out a deep breath. “Gongchan, you have to promise me.”

“Fine. I promise.” He turned to Min Ki who had been silently watching the exchange. “You remember what we talked about? You be good, okay?”

Min Ki nodded. “You have to come play with me soon hyung.”

“I will,” Gongchan said. He gave me a hug and went to get on the train. “It really was nice seeing you again noona.”

“I’ll be watching you on TV. Don’t mess up or I’ll catch it.” We laughed. “It was good seeing you too.”

 

Two weeks later I was washing dishes when someone knocked on my door. I was highly suspicious but I went to answer it anyway. It turned out to just be the landlord asking for the rent. I’d been on pins and needles since Gongchan left but he’d kept his promise, or so it seemed. They were all in Yokohama at the moment so I really shouldn’t have been worried.

The landlord left and I left for the day, dropping Min Ki off on my way to work. I took in one of my favorite movies today since it was the end of the week. I didn’t feel like teaching, but the kids really liked my movie days so they watched Lion King and asked questions whenever they needed to while I generally spaced out. I was starting to think I was becoming paranoid because I almost cursed when a child tapped my arm.

“Teacher, someone’s here to see you.”

I snapped out of my reverie when one of my students directed my attention to the doorway. Due to the dim lighting I couldn’t see the face of the person, but I could tell it was a man.

“P.O.?”

“Hey noona.”

I’d never been so glad to hear his booming voice. Like always, just being near him made me instantly feel better.

“What are you doing here?” I exclaimed. “First Gongchan and now you. I obviously haven’t hidden myself well enough.”

“You act like I haven’t visited before.”

He was right. At least twice a year P.O. came to visit. That was one of the things Chan Hee had made him do since he was the only one who had direct contact with me. I didn’t really mind the little check-ups though.

“You usually call first,” I said.

“Shh….”

I’d forgotten I was at work. I apologized to my students and stepped outside to continue talking.

“How long are you going to be here?”

“Until you kick me out.”

“Um…don’t you have work to do?”

“We’re on hiatus,” he said sheepishly.

“Fine, you can stay for a while, but don’t get too comfortable.”

“Thank you noona.”

I let the kids out early and P.O. walked home with me. We stopped to pick up Min Ki who was excited to see his ‘uncle’. P.O. swung the child up on his shoulders and walked with up that way. My child was extremely delighted to be up so high.

*A Few Days Later*

I did a bit of straightening up around the house and found myself with nothing to do. The house was unusually quiet since P.O. had decided to take his ‘nephew’ out for the day. The dead quiet made me nervous so I turned the TV on, letting Running Man reruns soothe my nerves.

A knock on the door made me jump a mile high out of my chair. It sound like cannonballs were being launched at my door. My brain raced trying to figure out who it could be. P.O. didn’t knock like that, plus he would have called first and the rent was paid so it couldn’t have been the landlord. Had something happened and the police were here?

My heart pounded painfully in my chest as I made my way to the door. I opened it, took one look at my visitors, and shut the door again with a curse. How the actual had Baro and CAP managed to find me? Why were they here together? I was almost sick with dread as they started knocking again. It was too late to pretend I wasn’t home and since they knew exactly where I lived, I was 100% positive they weren’t going to leave me alone until I talked to them.