what a day!

The Price of Falling in Love with an Angel

 

You waited at the park getting anxious and impatient. You were going to meet Himchan there during the lunch hour but Himchan was already 20 minutes late. Well, that is not his habit. It was bitter cold and people kept on staring at you.

Five minutes later, Himchan finally appeared. He was wearing a stern face. You felt a bit uneasy seeing him like that. He was always so happy and all smiling whenever he sees you no matter how awful his day was.

You walked towards him and threw him a nervous smile. He did not smile back and you felt like you were slapped by someone.

“I can’t be long. Still got some works to do,” Himchan said monotonously.

“But oppa, you don’t work on Saturdays,” you looked at him curiously.

“Am I prohibited to work then?” there was tension in his voice.

“I don’t mean that, it’s just that. Never mind,” you were so shocked with his ruthless response that you lost of words.

“Why do you want to meet me?” he asked without even looking at you, he was staring at his phone’s screen.

“We have not met each other for a while now. I want to see you oppa,” you tried to flatten your voice as you felt that your inner self threatened to explode.

“We have met now. That’s settle isn’t it? And we should not meet each other for quite some time now. Or precisely, let’s not meet each other anymore,” Himchan looked at you straight into your eyes. His face grayed with the thought if meeting you again in the future.

“What did you just say oppa?” you looked back into his eyes. The eyes that used to be so gentle and warm were now no longer mirrors his love; it was filled with coldness.

“Do you really can’t hear? Or can’t understand or don’t want to hear and understand?” Himchan scratched his head.

“Mwoya?” you laughed in disbelief.

“So, what I’m saying is… let’s break up,” he finally uttered that sentence.

You sighed and said nothing. It was like the thunder you right on you head and you were about to split into two.

“I found a new girl. I love her and I can’t love two women at the same time. And I chose to love her,” Himchan said uncaring whether you wanted to hear it or not.

“New girl?” that was the only words managed to come out from your lips.

“Not really new honestly. I’ve love her since two years ago. But I was afraid that you could not let me go as I believed you would be bored with me anyway,” he said those damn words as if it was nothing at all; that it was common to be in a relationship with someone for four years but not knowing that you were being cheated for two whole darn years.

“I pity that girl,” you said with hatred shaking your whole sanity.

“She felt pity towards you actually. She asked me to tell you the truth. That’s the only reason why I came to see you today. It’s not her fault or my fault that we fell in love with each other. And, it’s not like it was your fault either. Things happened so naturally. I hope you can move on, Anna,” Himchan looked into your eyes again. What upset you the most was he had not the slightest guilty feelings towards you.

“Arasso. Let’s just break up. Thank you for coming clean today,” you gritted your teeth.

“Oh? I thought you were going to throw tantrums. Well, you seemed to be clingy. This is simpler than I thought. I will get going then. I guess we don’t have any reason to see each other again right? But do greet me should we pass by each other on the street,” he gave you one last smile and turned his heels away.

“Oppa,” you suddenly called him.

“Yeah?”

“Oppa… you are one rotten . ing stupid bastard,” you spat and walked away.

Himchan said nothing but let out an angry laughs.

You bit your lips hard as you walked down the streets back to your house.

 

***********

 

You pressed the password of your house in haste and barged into it.

You just could not believed what had happened in the park just now. Just how easy Himchan thought about your relationship. So, you were the only one how was damn serious about it; been giving serious thoughts about marriage and building family with him in the future. You might be a college student at the moment but you believed that one should not take relationship matter lightly. And Himchan managed to convince your heart to think about you and him seriously.

You dropped yourself on the floor and the tears that were being held back for quite some time just broke. You knew that something was not right with the relationship for the past months but you chose to trust Himchan but when he himself told the truth it was more than heartbreak. It was a betrayal. A bitter and cold and cruel confession came right out from his own mouth. You felt so stupid at the moment. It was just so ridiculous.

You let yourself cry. You were pouring you heart out and blood trickled down your lips –you were biting your lips so hard it was bleeding- and the mixture of the metallic taste mixed with the salty taste of your tears made you felt a bit out of the place. With a heart broken into a thousand pieces, with a heart that was betrayed by the most trusted and loved one, with a heart that was feeling super sad and empty at the moment you made your way to your bedroom. You sauntered lifelessly and let yourself sank into the soft bed.

You took your human size teddy bear into your arms and hugged it tightly.

“Hyun aa~ I was dumped today by Himchan oppa,” you always talked to the teddy bear. You called him Hyun, from the name Daehyun – an idol from the group B.A.P; you favourite member- you just loved talking to it. It was inanimate but you know he could understand you more than those living things. At least he listened to you. You broke into another tears and you buried yourself into Hyun’s fluffiness and you were about to drift into sleep when you suddenly heard noise coming from the kitchen. You jumped onto your feet almost immediately.

You took the baseball club –Himchan’s beloved possession he left at your house and you felt another wave of tears broke down again but you quickly sober up yourself as there was a stranger in your house that you need to worry at the moment- you clasped your hand tightly around the club and slowly walked towards the kitchen.

Your heart was pumping hard against your ribcage and you swear it was audible should there be someone else standing next to you.

The kitchen finally came into your sight and you hold the club even tighter.

One step closer and you saw the intruder.

What was he doing?

The intruder was sitting in front of your refrigerator. Clearly not noticed your presence in the kitchen.

Step by step and you were right behind him.

He did not gave off dangerous aura around him though. SO you decided to not use your club.

Instead, slowly and very cautiously, you put your hands on his shoulder. It was unnaturally cold.

The intruder was surprised too badly that he jumped at once and knocked your face hard using his head. You fell on the floor and he stood there looking down at you; confused.

You looked up at him and to your utter astonishment he looked so familiar that you could not believe your eyes.

The intruder threw you a smile which you replied with an awkward smile. He sat down and face the refrigerator again.

You let your mouth opened and your jaw was like hanging you know~

The intruder’s hair was in a cute messy –like the one when a kid’s hair being messed by the the grown-ups who thought the kid was cute- and he was holding a plate containing a few slice of cheesecakes. He helped himself with a big spoon of the cheesecake. He was clearly savoring the taste and his taste bud was happy with it. He smiled again at you. You blinked you eyes rapidly at him. You wonder where the heck he came from and what on earth he was doing in your house.

“This cake taste so good. Bring this home a lot okay?” he smiled again and took a few spoons of the cakes happily. “Oh btw, noona~ You can see me?”

“See you? You’re right in front of me,” you uttered silently.

“Hmmm I guess noona finally broke up with that bloke?” he said nonchalantly while helping himself with another bite of the cheesecake.

“Neon mwoya????!” you screamed at his face.

He was shocked and kept his plate of cake away from you as if protecting it.

“As if I was saying something wrong,” he turned away and put the plate inside the refrigerator and from the back view you knew he was digging in the cheesecake.

“Excuse me, but care to tell me who you are?” you pulled him to face you.

“Me??? Daehyun,” he puffed his cheeks and flashed his bright cute smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*******

So Daehyun made his appearance!! ^^

Is it just me or I found Daehyun looks super duper cute whenever he laugh and smile :)