Another Angel

The Price of Falling in Love with an Angel

 

“I’ll come back later,”

Daehyun’s last words kept on replaying on your mind. You closed your books and threw the pen on the table. The action received some disapproving hissed from the people in the neighboring table. You bowed your head and apologized to them quietly. You forgot that you were in the library. Of course such distractions called for some glaring eyes to be darted towards you.

You took all your pens spread across the table and stuffed in into your pencil case and shoved everything into your bag and decided to leave the library.

Five days passed since Daehyun promised to come back later. Five days passed since you last saw Daehyun before he disappeared. Five days passed since you locked your lips with Daehyun. Five days passed and your heart was missing Daehyun terribly.

You made your way home stomping your feet and storming through the crowds all the way. You felt angry for his sudden disappearance, for lying to you about coming back. And most of all, your heart could no longer contain its overwhelming emotions in it because you missed him so much. You felt your eyes warmed with tears welling in it. As you darted your way to your home, you felt your cheeks wet because of the tears. You quickly wiped them clean.

You helplessly stepped into your apartment. Your gaze automatically directed to the kitchen hoping to see Daehyun digging in some foods. But he was not there.

You moved to the living room and to your utter surprise you saw him there! Standing while facing the window. The hairstyle looked different but still instinctively you ran forward and hugged him from the back.

He turned to look at you and immediately pushed your hands away from him. Stunned with his unfriendly attitude, you looked up at him.

HEOL~

It was not Daehyun but someone else. You never saw him before. Embarrassed, you quickly bowed and apologized to him.

“I’m so sorry! I thought you were someone else. I’m sorry! But, this is my house and what are you doing here?”

“Ah! Never mind, it should be me apologizing to you anyway,” the guy smiled courteously and bowed at you.

“It’s a long story. Can we sit and talk?” he asked you. You felt nervous seeing the stranger getting all serious. Nonetheless you motioned him to sit on the couch and excused yourself to get some drinks for the guest.

You put the glasses carefully on the coffee table. Faint white vapors floated.

“I’m not sure how you like your coffee so, help yourself,” you showed him the creamer and sugar.

He nodded courteously and without using his hands he put two spoons of sugar and stirred it.

‘He is full of manner and he’s like Daehyun’ you made a mental note.

He sipped the coffee and looked at you, ready to start the conversation.

“Allow me to introduce myself, Miss Yoo Anna. I’m …….,” his words were disturbed when Daehyun suddenly appeared and called him.

“Youngjae ya!” Daehyun dashed forward to the living room.

“Oh Daehyun!” both of you and the angel called Youngjae uttered at the same time.

“Noona, wait here. Youngjae, come with me,” Daehyun’s face grimaced when he said that.

You just nodded at Daehyun took Youngjae’s hand and lead him to the spare bedroom in your apartment. Youngjae just followed him.

You heard the door being locked from inside. Curious, you tiptoed to the bedroom and planted your ears against the door.

“What are you doing here, Youngjae?” you heard Daehyun’s voice against the door. There’s impatience and anger hinted in his voice.

“You know why,” Youngjae replied irritatingly.

“Let’s get out of here. Whatever it is that you wanna say, not here. Noona might listen to us,”

“Why not? She should hear it honestly. You are breaking the rules,” Youngjae’s voice flat.

“Since we are at it. Just tell me, what rules did I break?”

You heard Youngjae chuckled before he continued “You kissed Miss Yoo Anna, Daehyun aa,”

You sensed Daehyun hesitated before he said “It was just a kiss. A mere kiss,”

‘A mere kiss you said?’ you heart dropped when you heard that. Nonetheless you kept your motivation high and listened to their conversation.

“Daehyun aa. You know angels can read through minds and hearts. Even between ourselves. What’s more the Upper Angels. They knew everything. I felt sorry towards you. But I have to follow their instructions. You break the rules, you pay for it,”

“Youngjae ya. It was just a kiss. A mistake. No big deal,” Daehyun uttered it in a frantic way; clearly nervous.

“There’s no mistake. When a kiss between a human and angel took place because of mutual feelings, the bell in heaven ring! When you kissed her, and she kissed you back, that’s what happened! The bell rang! The Upper Angels are furious! They wanted to take you away from her almost immediately but because I, as your best friend, as someone who cares so much about you, had to beg for them to not take you away. I’m sorry I could not be much of help, but that’s the best deal I could get. You got 15 days and after that, you have to leave her,” there’s apologetic tone in Youngjae’s voice.

Your heart dropped a bungee jump and voluntarily your tears rolled down your cheeks.

“What should I do now?” Daehyun asked softly.

“Well, you got ten days left. Do your best to sort out the relationships between you guys in the meantime. Be careful though. Some angels don’t even get to say their goodbyes to their human lovers,” you knew Youngjae was being careful in choosing his words. Careful to not hurt Daehyun further. “Maybe because you have been such a good angels, the Upper Angels agreed to give the 15 days to you,”

“Thanks Youngjae. But honestly, years ago, I never thought I could fall in love with her. But I guess love cross boundaries,”

“YA imma! I’m not here to listen to your love philosophy. I wish you could stick with your initial intention. That way you could stay like forever with noona,”

“I wish to do so too. I know I should not be greedy. Being her angel alone is more than enough. But I can’t help it. I love her so much,” Daehyun uttered softly. Unknowingly faint smile carved on your lips. Daehyun loved you.

“And she loves you too,” Youngjae added. “I’m sure she knew it too, but please if you don’t want to vanish immediately, be careful.”

 “Arasso. But, when I vanish, I can see her from far right?” Daehyun asked.

“Not a chance, Daehyun. You’ll be prohibited from coming down to Earth. You’ll stay in the heaven. Another angel will take care of her”

You heard Daehyun choked and since you afraid to choke yourself, you covered your mouth.

“15 days left?” Daehyun finally broke the silence.

“10 days left now. 15 days right after the bell rang,” Youngjae uttered softly.

You could imagine Daehyun nodded helplessly.

“BUT! Don’t ever say ‘I Love You’ at her and you gotta try your best to not make her say the words to you too,” there’s grim in Youngjae’s words and you could tell that he was sorry too.

“I can’t even say that before I leave?”

“You can, but you’ll vanish immediately. I know you don’t want to leave her, so be careful!” you heard Youngjae patted Daehyun’s soulders encouragingly and the next moment the whole apartment went into a deadly silence and you knew Daehyun was left alone in the room. You heard him dropped to the floor and cried.

You made your way into your bedroom and you too, cried into sleep.  

 

 

*************

Here comes trouble~~

Subscribe and comment^^

-jungDAEbaby-