A Lifetime's Commitment

A Lifetime's Commitment

I am the man in this relationship

 

Silence.

Silence is the only thing connecting them right now but for goodness’ sake, Ryeowook thought that this little connection thing is eating him alive. He slowly lifted his head up to steal a glance at Kyuhyun, and to his disappointment, YAY! Kyuhyun’s reaction is blank. A loud sigh escaped from his lips before he even know it. He knows Kyuhyun can be shy at times but this is really not the reaction he’s been expecting. Or maybe he just expected a lot from the other.

“I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun whispered when he heard Ryeowook’s sigh.

“W-what? Why? I-I don’t understand?” Ryeowook stuttered. Surely those words can mean a lot of things like; I’m sorry for having no reaction, I’m sorry for being a , I’m sorry but I don’t— Let’s leave it at that.

“It’s your fault!” Kyuhyun now said, his voice raising an octave higher. Or two.

“Enlighten me please?”

“Because I was kinda expecting you to say you love me too. That was so silly of me. My expectations were high, I must add. And then you go there saying you love Hyukjae more. What the ?! My heart broke into tiny little pieces—Why are you laughing?!” Kyuhyun exploded like a bomb, sprouting non-sense. But it actually made sense.

“I’m sorry… What were you saying?” Ryeowook said in between his giggles and asked for him to continue.

“You’re enjoying this, aren't you?”

“What were you saying?”

“As I was saying! I really thought you like Hyukjae more than me. And you’re like sporting an unrequited love for him or something and just like what I said earlier –don’t laugh!— My heart broke into tiny little pieces, almost powder! Then there you go saying it’s a different kind of love and you are in love with me!? What the ?! My expectations were crashed then suddenly words that really really exceeded my expectations and more than what I wanted to hear comes out from that mouth which broke my heart then at the same time makes my heart jump out of my rib cage! Whatever I was saying! I don’t know anymore. And you know. My powder heart really really found it hard to mend in that short amount of time interval you gave me and it took me—“

“10 minutes.”

“Yes. 10 minutes to actually react to that. You talk so much that I didn’t know what to expect anymore. I love you but I hate you for that.” Kyuhyun finished his ramblings and is now out of breath.

“I love you too.” Ryeowook just said smiling fondly at his now boyfriend. He never knew Kyuhyun had a special talent in making an awkward atmosphere disappear.

“I know. But you’re not getting away with tha—“ And before Kyuhyun can finish his sentence, he felt something touching his lips. Focusing on something or rather someone in front of him that seems so close, he saw Ryeowook and again, even before he could comprehend what just happened. He saw Ryeowook now sitting beside him, blushing and giggling like what Heechul calls a love sick teenager.

“Wha… What was that?” Kyuhyun asked, bringing his fingers to touch his lips.

“I need to shut you up. Seriously. I didn’t know you talk a lot.” Ryeowook laughed again.

“Yah. Why are you still laughing? Well I haven’t thought you are capable of doing that. And that’s not even a proper first kiss. Wha—“ Now, Kyuhyun’s sentence was cut when Ryeowook hands flew to both sides of his face, cupping his cheeks.

“You talk a lot. I love you but I hate you for that.” Ryeowook whispered while looking at Kyuhyun’s eyes before finally, if this is what Kyuhyun calls a proper first kiss, pressing his lips to Kyuhyun’s. A simple gesture coated with love, trust and everything nice.

Ryeowook pulled away slightly and smiled. His lips still touching the other and whispered.

“ I am the man in this relationship.” He said playfully and Kyuhyun smiled in response. He can’t argue with that for now that he finds himself rolling at the palm of Ryeowook’s hands.

“Let’s see until when you can lead me on.” Kyuhyun whipered back but not before placing another soft kiss on Ryeowook’s lips. They giggled, forehead glued together. And then suddenly a camera shutter sound was heard from a distance.

Ryeowook jumped on his seat while Kyuhyun couldn’t care less.

“Kyu… Kyunnnie. Is that… okay?” Ryeowook asked still shocked and scared of what might happen. “What if they took a picture of us and spread it… Oh no. Eeeep! I think it’s not okay!” Ryeowook squealed when his phone vibrated in his pocket.

“Just don’t mind them.”

“But Heechul hyung is now calling… What should I do? Do you think he already knew it by now?” Ryeowook asked, worry still visible on his face.

“I bet he already knew even before this. Just leave it. Don’t answer your phone.”

“Oh! It’s Donghae Hyung now. Should I answer it?” Ryeowook asked again. Kyuhyun stared at him, amused.

“Well it’s up to you.” Kyuhyun shrugged but placed his hands around Ryeowook’s hips. The oblivious boy just stared at his phone until the supposed to be call turned into a missed call. He smiled seeing how cute Ryeowook is. He pulled the smaller boy closer but stopped and withdrew his hands away when his boyfriend squealed. Ryeowook turned to him with a pout, and showed his phone to Kyuhyun. He stared blankly at the phone and realized that it is a message from Sungmin and the photo attached is the photo of them, kissing. Or almost kissing.

“What?” Kyuhyun shouted.

“Kyu… Now, Sungmin hyung’s calling.” Ryeowook said still staring at his phone.

“That little bunny. I swear he’s gonna get it.” Kyuhyun reached for Ryeowook’s phone but when he’s about to press answer, the call stopped.

And then a screeching sound can again be heard all around the campus. And what’s more exciting is that Heechul’s voice sounds more irritating than the screech.

“Cho Kyuhyun and Ryeowook! If I don’t see your in the cafeteria –hey language!—Oh, sorry. If I don’t see you both in the cafeteria in five minutes, you’re dead.”

Ryeowook stood up, clearly alarmed by Heechul’s words but Kyuhyun was left sitting there then suddenly threw into a fit of laughter.

“Why are you still sitting there? You can laugh on the way! We only have more or less four minutes now.” Ryeowook said, pulling Kyuhyun to his feet.

“I think he just called you Cho Ryeowook. That’s a bell to my ears.” Kyuhyun paced faster to walk beside Ryeowook and entwined his hands with the other's. He can never be happier when Ryeowook didn't pull his hand away, instead he held on tighter and pulled him closer.

The way to the cafeteria isn’t as pleasant as the morning sun. People who are fond of staring at them before are now even more interested because of something new between these two. Not that they knew about what just happened. It’s just because they’re walking together, side by side, hand in hand.

They arrived at the unusually empty cafeteria and found their hyungs on their usual table. Ryeowook slowed down and hid behind Kyuhyun pulling his hand with him so as to not make any ruckus.

“You’re 2 minutes late!” Heechul shouted when he spotted them entering the cafeteria.

“Don’t even try to hide it. I can clearly see it from here.” Donghae said plainly, as if he’s the one most displeased about this something new.

“Oh. Sorry.” Ryeowook then appeared from behind Kyuhyun and walked side by side with him, swaying their intertwined hands in the process.

Sungmin giggles. Hangeng smiles. Heechul snorts. Donghae sighs. Hyakjae hides.

Wait, Hyukjae hides?

When Ryeowook saw this he immediately let go of Kyuhyun’s hand and ran towards his best friend.

“Hyukkie! Why are you hiding?” He peaked under the table and saw Hyukjae wiping his face. “Hyuk, are you crying? Are you okay?”

“I’m okay. I’m just sick. I feel nauseous and I have colds. I’ll stay here.” Hyukjae reasoned.

“Hyukkie… What’s your sickness got to do with hiding under the table? Come out now, I’ll take you to the infirmary.” Ryeowook pulled his friend but he insisted on staying there.

“Infirmaries can never treat broken hearts.” Heechul said while glaring at Kyuhyun.

“What did I do?” Kyuhyun acted innocent but smirked at his hyung.

“There are one, two… three people who are unpleased right now.” He pointed to Hyukjae, Donghae, and himself.

“Four. Me too.” Sungmin said.

“Okay. Four.”

“What do you mean unpleased, Hyung. What did I do?” Ryeowook asked from under the table.

“Three broken hearts and a displeased mother because of Kim Ryeowook.” Heechul closed his eyes and leaned on Hangeng’s shoulder.

“Ow! Hyung what do you mean?!” Ryeowook came out from under the table bumping his head on the process.

“Wook, relax.” Hangeng said fighting his giggles. He just had a knew knowledge of his dongsaeng. Ryeowook hates it when people beat around the bush.

“Because of you getting together with Kyuhyun, you broke your best friend’s heart.” Heechul pointed to Hyukjae. “Because you haven’t even told him you are in love with that brat.”

Ryeowook just bit his lip. Guilty indeed.

“Next. You broke our Donghae’s young heart here. He’s been crushing on you ever since. And it’s too soon for him to accept the fact that you are with that brat now. Though it’s his fault for being dense.”

Ryeowook looked at Donghae, clueless of his feelings. “I’ve only heard of that just now. I didn’t know.”

“That’s understandable. You are one heck of an idiot too.” Heechul cursed him before continuing. “And me. I am not broken hearted but I am the most displeased. But I support you. Don’t worry. Sungmin there… I don’t know about him. He seems to be happy but he said he’s not.”

“Hyung, what’s your complaint?” Kyuhyun asked sitting beside Sungmin and pulling Ryeowook to sit on the chair beside him.

“Hmmm… I just don’t like it that Ryeowookie got together with someone like you. And that breaks my heart.” Sungmin struggled in between his giggles. It doesn’t look like he’s opposing. Really.

“Come on guys. Hyukkie. I’m sorry. And Donghae hyung. I did not know.” Ryeowook pouted and bowed his head down. Then all of them laugh silently, Hyukjae now sits on his chair, and Donghae really seems down despite his cute smiles.

Ryeowook peaked while his hair is covering is face and saw them containing their laughs.

“I knew it! You’re making fun of me!” Ryeowook shouted, and all of them threw into a fit of laughter. “Hmpf. How dare all of you.”

“We knew all of this would happen in no time. You two are just so obvious that only Donghae doesn’t know about it.” Sungmin said again showing them the picture which he took earlier. The one with Ryeowook and Kyuhyun kiss—almost kissing.

“You’re so fast Wookie. I was really shocked when I saw that!” Hangeng blushed at the memory while Heechul’s smirk is unerasable.

“Wait? Y-you’re the one who took that picture?!” Ryeowook pointed to Sungmin’s phone. “And… OMG. Don’t tell me… All of you… were there?” All of them nodded.

Kyuhyun laughs awkwardly. Ryeowook faints. Or pretends to.

“Come on baby. It’s no big deal. Even Siwonnie said congratulations to both of you. I wonder what could have happened if bunny here didn’t screw up. Oh well. I have a video of what happened so you can ask me if you want—“ Heechul was cut by Ryeowook.

“You filmed it?! Everything?!”

“Seriously Ryeowook. Stop shouting!” It’s Hangeng’s turn now to shout.

“You guys don’t know the word privacy. I hate all of you.” Ryeowook again pouted and looked at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun leaned to him and whispered.

“You take responsibility. You’re the man in this relationship.” He said and laughed.

“Yah yah yah! No whispering!” Heechul demanded for them to say it loud, and too much for Kyuhyun’s dismay-

“Oh.. Kyunnie just said that I should handle everything, since, just like what he said, I’m the man in this relationship.” Ryeowook mocked the now blushing because of embarrassment, Kyuhyun.

Of course everyone laughs. Isn’t it unexpected? That the smaller one dominates? Well we’re not discriminating here. He really is.

“Well well well. That’s my baby. I’m so proud of you.” Heechul beamed while Kyuhyun is throwing dagger looks at him. “But mind you my little children. Kissing should be the farthest you can get. No !” Heechul’s voice boomed across the empty cafeteria. They’re sure that whoever heard it is now laughing like crazy.

The couple just stared wide eyed at their hyung. How can he talk a bout that so casually? Even Donghae and Hyukjae were shocked. Why so vulgar?

“I swear if I caught the both of you doing something naughty. I’m gonna cut that thing off.” Heechul pointed to their crotch making them gasp. All of them.

“I am proud of you two. And I’m happy too. But let’s just leave this to these people.” Heechul pointed to the people of their circle. “If this gets out, I’m sure it will be a big issue. The whole school doesn’t need to know.”

Then, Heechul stood up to get the food he ordered from the restaurant. He doesn’t like the food in the cafeteria, to be honest.

Sungmin and Hangeng were engaged in their conversation regarding martial arts.

Donghae and Hyukjae returned to playing Rock, Papers, Scissors – Haehyuk style according to Donghae, or Rock, Paper, Scissors –Hyukhae style according to Hyukjae.

“As far as I oppose hyung's decision because I want everyone to know you’re mine… I guess he’s right.” Kyuhyun sighed leaning on Ryeowook’s shoulder. The other four saw them but pretends to be busy so as to not disturb them.

“I don’t think I’d let you do that. Just in case. I want to keep a low profile, please.” Ryeowook said, yawning.

“You’re sleepy?”

“I didn’t get to sleep last night.”

“You’re thinking of me?” Kyuhyun asked expectantly.

“Maybe.” Ryeowook said, blushing.

“Aww. You’re in no position to be shy now.” The taller said, poking Ryeowook’s cheeks.

“Stop it. I want to sleep. I got tired of all the things that happened this morning.” He shrugged Kyuhyun off his shoulder and leaned his head on the table.

“You got tired of that? All we did was kiss!” Kyuhyun teased and the four couldn’t help but laugh. Ryeowook got up and glared at his boyfriend.

“I mean, all the running, explaining, laughing and dealing with your stupidity.” Ryeowook shouted at him before returning to his table.

Kyuhyun then pulled him and let him rest on his chest. Ryeowook found it uncomfortable at first so he decided to wrap his arms around Kyuhyun’s waist.

“You love me for that.” Kyuhyun whispered and placed a kiss on Ryeowook’s head.

 

 

: :

a fail and short update. sorry guys *bows down 90 degrees before running away*