I’m going to forget you, but…you’ll be there to remind me

∞ INFINITE Oneshots ∞

Did you ever notice that there is always that particular line in that certain song that always stands out in a certain way and reminds you of that one person you can’t forget?

It's true. It happens to all of us. All of us, when we hear that song, we think of the person we love, that person who makes us dream, smile, want to live, want to be happy, that person we want to be for the rest of your life, that person who we want to dream and live happily forever.

Unfortunately, there is no "forever" but there is one person who will make us feel that way.

When I was younger, I remember watching a beautiful love story but a bit troubled.

They were best friends, they were inseparable, they never played/go out or did things without the other.

I always admired their friendship and always thought they would be best friends for a long time – maybe forever, I don’t know, their friendship was so strong, so indestructible but I was wrong. 

 

 

One day, I saw one of them leave.

Woohyun, the older, left Hoya, the younger, without saying goodbye, without saying anything, without giving a simple explanation.

Hoya was disappointed and decided to forget Woohyun, decided he would make him disappear from his mind, heart, and even his past memories.

For him: Woohyun never existed.

5 years later, his "desire" became reality (in a bad way, of course and I doubt Hoya wanted that to happen in that way) and maybe Hoya found that, that “desire” it was a mistake.

Hoya discovered he had an illness that would make him lose his memories, he wouldn’t remember anything, not even his parents, or his friends and probably not even himself.

The doctors couldn’t do anything, they had discovered too late, they could no longer do anything. Hoya went to several doctors and asked several questions.

None of them could do anything. Neither treatment. Neither surgery. Nothing. The disease could no longer be treated.

Hoya gave up, however, he didn’t stop living, he didn’t stop smiling, he didn’t stop doing what he loved most: dancing. And I was always there for him and, despite being younger than him, I felt obligated to take care of him, to make him smile, to be with him and never let him feel alone, I felt that I should be his guardian angel.

And I did it...I began to look after him, I was always there for him, I was the Woohyun that Hoya wanted back (although he didn’t tell me, I knew it was true, I knew he hadn’t forgotten Woohyun, he still was hurt).

After a few months, Hoya’s disease was getting worse, he couldn’t remember some people like Sunggyu hyung and Myungsoo (Sunggyu's boyfriend), his childhood friends too.

None of them was hurt because they knew about Hoya's disease, but of course they were sad, Hoya was someone important to them and none of them wanted to be forgotten by Hoya.

"Hey! Let's get out." Hoya said, one day, smiling at me

"Hyung, the doctor said you need to rest." I said, worried

Hoya had fainted a few days before. I took him to the hospital and the doctor said it wasn’t necessary for him to stay in the hospital, he could go home but he had to rest.

Hoya, as always, didn’t like it because he hated having to stay home and do nothing.

"Please." he said, pleading with his eyes

I sighed and said nothing.

Should I give up?

Should I go with him to the amusement park as he wants?

Yes, he didn’t tell me, but I know very well that he wanted to go there, he's always talking about it.

But the doctor told him to stay home, then I shouldn’t let him go to there.

"Okay But only a little." I said, smiling slightly

I’m doing this for you. I thought.

"Thank you." He said, hugging me

We left his house and decided to take the bus. We were going to eat something and then we would walk through the amusement park.

"I'll miss this." he said, quietly

"You're reacting better than I thought." I said, without looking at him

"When I found out, I wanted to do so many things: screaming, crying, breaking things, blame people, blame him…I even thought the worst but then I realized that I couldn’t do nothing, so I decided I would try to accept." Hoya explained

I sighed and we kept walking, until…

"Hoya!" someone called

Both of us looked back.

"It can’t be." I said incredulously "What…what are you doing here?"

"Hello!" He said, without taking his eyes off Hoya "I was walking with my...uh...I saw you and decided to come talk to you."

"Aren’t you ashamed of yourself? And why didn’t you say 'my girlfriend'...say it, Woohyun, stop being a coward and admit you move on." Hoya said, upset

"Hoya, calm down." I said, grabbing his arm

Woohyun said nothing. He just kept looking at Hoya, with a hurt and...apologetic expression?

"I don’t think it’s the best time to talk." I said, smiling apologetically "Hoya, come on."

I looked one last time to Woohyun and then followed Hoya, who has walked to the exit of the amusement park.

"Sorry." I heard Woohyun say before I go

I think he was talking to Hoya but that boy was already gone. Not that I blame Hoya, Woohyun said nothing to Hoya when he left, he didn’t kept contact with Hoya, he never called him or even sent him a message...nothing.

But I realized that Woohyun was sorry, I knew he wanted to apologize to Hoya, however, he didn’t know how to do it.

"Hoya, wait!" I yelled, running after him

"Sorry. I just don’t want to see him." Hoya said, sad

"You can’t stay like this. He would come back, you said it yourself." I said, trying to cheer him up "Hoya, you're going to forget him."

"I don’t want to forget him, that's the problem. He is too important to me, he was always the most important thing for me and I try to forget it but I can’t, I just…can’t." Hoya said, crying a bit " Look at me, I don’t cry, I didn’t cried that day but I'm here, in public, crying over someone who doesn’t even deserve me."

"I understand." I said softly, "Come on. You need to rest."

"No. I want to be alone." He said

"You can’t be alone, Hoya. Let me stay with you, at least until your father or your mother arrive." I asked, worried

"No. I need to be alone, I need to think." Hoya said, wiping his tears "Don’t come after me, please. I'll be careful."

I couldn’t say anything, I just looked at him. I saw him turn around and walk away from me. I wanted to go after him but I couldn’t, it was as if my body had frozen.

"Hoya..." I muttered, sad

"Uh...I...can I talk with you?" I heard someone say

I turned back and saw him again. I nodded and he opened his mouth, ready to say something, however, he closed it again. We were looking at each other for several minutes without saying anything.

"He has a disease..." I muttered, without looking at him

"What?" He said, almost shouting

When I looked at him, I realized that he knew nothing about it, I thought maybe he had returned because he knew about Hoya's disease. I thought he wanted to apologize to Hoya, before he forgot him.

"When? How? What? I..." he said, almost crying

He was confused, he wanted answers, he seemed desperate, he looked like he was going to cry and blame himself for everything...but he simply remained silent as he stared at me, with tears streaming down his face.

∞ ∞ ∞

The next day, I woke up a bit unwell. It seemed that my heart ached, I can’t explain well, just seemed that something was happening and it wasn’t me.

I dressed and ate something. Today, I would go to Hoya's house, I wanted to make sure that he was okay.

The night before, I couldn’t sleep very well because I couldn’t help but be worried about him.

Suddenly, my mother called me and said she had something to tell me. I ran to the living room and saw her sitting on the couch, with tears in her eyes.

"Omma? What's wrong?" I asked as I approached her

"I...I don’t have good news." She said, crying even more

"What happened? Tell me." I said, impatiently

"Hoya.....he is in the hospital." She said "He fainted near his home. The neighbor found him and called the ambulance. He was taken to the hospital."

"He...what?" I said, trying to process her words

"His mother just called me...he doesn’t stop calling you. He wants to see you." She said, taking my hand

"He wants to see me?" I asked, crying a bit

"Yes." she said, wiping my tears

I got up and told her to stay home. I didn’t want to go with anyone, I wanted to go alone.

When I reached to the hospital, I met Hoya’s parents and they looked at me sadly. No words were exchanged, only looks.

I went into his room and found him lying in bed, still and silent. He was already awake and didn’t look very well. His face was pale, his hair messy, his body shaking slightly, perhaps because the window was open.

I drove myself to the window and closed it. When I turned to him, I saw that he kept looking at me. I walked over and sat beside him.

He said nothing, just put his head on my lap. We were silent for several minutes, until he took my hand and opened his mouth to say something.

"I’m sorry." He muttered "I wasn’t careful. I broke several things in the way, kicked stones....I wasn’t careful...I’m sorry."

"I knew you wouldn’t be careful but I decided to leave you alone but this will never happen again." I said, playing with his hair

"I know. Thank you...for everything." He said, smiling slightly

Suddenly, I remembered the conversation I had yesterday with Woohyun.

"He'll forget everything." I explained "And the doctors can’t do anything, they discovered too late and nothing can be done now. He doesn’t remembers some people."

"Really?" He asked, looking at me, sad

"As you can see, he hasn’t forgotten you, he forgot Sunggyu hyung and Myungsoo." I said, a bit angry

"I wish he’d forget me." He said

"What? Woohyun how can you say such thing? "I asked, incredulous at his words

"I hurt him, I want him to forget me, so he doesn’t have to suffer anymore." He said, staring at the floor "A mistake... a simple mistake can destroy your life."

"He was your best friend...why did you left without saying anything?" I asked

"He wasn’t just my best friend, he was more than that. When I Hoya and we were 16, we were lovers, secretly, of course. I was afraid of being judged, he understood but I know he wanted to say it to you or to our friends. I was scared. Maybe that's why I left." He explained, sitting on a bench "I have no explanation, I don’t know why I left, I just decided, I was suffering and I was selfish and left without thinking about him."

"Get some sleep." I whispered, laying his head on the pillow again, "I'll be back, ok?"

"Hm..." he simply said

I smiled at him and left the room, silently. Hoya's parents were no longer in the hospital, the nurse said they would return later. I picked up my phone.

He is the one who should be here, not me. I thought sadly.

"Hello?"

"Woohyun ..."

"Oh! What happened?"

"He's in the hospital?"

"Wh-what? H-hospital? "

"Yes. You have to come, he needs you. He didn’t say anything, he didn’t even speak about you but I know he needs you."

"How do you know?"

"Did you know that he keeps a picture of you in his wallet, in his room, he also has a frame with a photo of the two of you....and the wallpaper of his phone it’s a picture of you....Woohyun, he didn’t forgot you, he's just hurt, he needs an explanation."

Several tears streamed down my face and my voice failed sometimes.

"What hospital?"

A smile appeared on my face and I explained him where was the hospital. He hung up and I went to Hoya’s room again.

"Where were you?" I heard Hoya ask, when I entered in the room

"I thought I told you to slepp." I said, changing the subject

"I'm not sleepy, now tell me where you were?" He asked, impatiently

"I...I went to buy something to eat." I lied, sitting down on the edge of the bed

"Lie." He said, looking away "I know when you're lying, please tell me the truth."

"I can’t say, ok?" I said

"I thought there were no secrets between us but it seems that this isn’t true..." he said, sad

"Hoya...please don’t do this...if I could, I would say." I said, trying to grab his hand but he rejected

"Forget it. I'll try to sleep, if you want to go, you can go." He said, turning to the other side

"Hoya, you won’t be mad, will you?" I asked

He didn’t answer and I sighed. He has always been very stubborn.

Suddenly, someone knocked at the door. Hoya raised his head slightly but said nothing. I got up and walked to the door.

I opened the door and saw Woohyun, with messy hair and rumpled clothes. He smiled slightly at me and I said him to enter in the room.

I didn’t even dare to look at Hoya and sat in a chair near the window, saying nothing.

Woohyun approached Hoya and sat beside him but said nothing.

Hoya seemed surprised but said nothing, he just looked at Woohyun, as if waiting for him to say something.

Woohyun opened his mouth several times to say something but ended up closing it, not saying a single word.

"Will you ever going to tell me why you left?" Hoya said, almost whispering

Woohyun looked at him and sighed. Hoya wanted an explanation but Woohyun didn’t have an explanation, he had no reason.

"I have no explanation....I don’t know why I left." Woohyun said, without looking at him

"It was because of me? I pushed you?" Hoya asked impatiently "I'm tired of trying hate you, I'm sick of feeling this pain, I'm sick of not living happy, I want you to tell me, Woohyun…so I can finally be happy. 5 years….these 5 years were horrible, I wanted to hate you, forget you, say that I don’t care about you anymore but I can’t...I still love you more than anything in the world...you are the most important person to me."

"It wasn’t your fault. I was a coward and I didn’t want to assume that he was in love with you...I was afraid that people would judge me...but I shouldn’t because I knew I'd be there for me, but I left." Woohyun said, with a trembling voice

"And now?" Hoya asked

"No...I won’t leave again, I want to everyone to know that I love you, and now what matters is you and me." Woohyun said, looking at Hoya

"I'll forget you, Woohyun." Hoya said, crying

Woohyun stood up and hugged him. I said nothing and just watched them, with some tears in my eyes.

My best friend, in fact, the boy that I love - I hate to see him like that...he didn’t deserve this, he didn’t deserve this fate.

Woohyun closed his eyes, and suddenly, he began to sing. I looked at him, a little surprised, but said nothing. Hoya looked at him and smiled a bit.

                In this world
                Let me only love you

                Oh, when this passing life withers away, you come to me
                The moment I touch your frozen heart, my life begins

                When you’re tired and having a hard time
                Please let me stay by your side
               So I can give back to you the love I had only received
               Before this life ends

Woohyun moved away from Hoya and put on his knees, next to Hoya’s bed. He took Hoya’s hand of and continued singing.

His voice was sweet and, at the same time, powerful. Hoya smiled and didn’t stop looking to Woohyun.

When I get on my knees and cry before the world
When I stop my tracks inside the storm
If you alone are standing
I can handle this much pain and suffering

(If only you) If only you
(Are with me) Are with me

When I lose my way inside the dark forest
When my young soul is crying
Guide me like a light, like a miracle
Before this life ends

Hoya grabbed the other hand of Woohyun while he continued to sing, always looking to Hoya. In his eyes, we could see affection, pain, worry, but above all: love. He loved Hoya and that no one could doubt.

When I get on my knees and cry before the world
When I stop my tracks inside the storm
If you alone are standing
I can suppress whatever pain and tears
(All I want is you) All I want is you
(Only one is you) Only one is you in my life

I won’t cry, I won’t cry again
Absolutely nothing
Can stop me
But only one person
You make me, you perfect me
Oh, you make me able to breath like this

When I get on my knees and cry before the world
When I stop my tracks inside the storm
If you alone are standing
I can handle this much pain and suffering
(If only you) If only you
(Are with me) Are with me

Their fingers were intertwined and their eyes fixed on each other. These two were meant to be together, no matter how or when, they would end up together.

It's painful for me to admit it but they had to be together, they were perfect for each other.

When I get on my knees and cry before the world
When I stop my tracks inside the storm
If you alone are standing
I can suppress whatever pain and tears
(All I want is you) All I want is you
(Only one is you) Only one is you in my life

"I won’t let you forget me. I'll always be here to remind you of everything. I'll tell you everything we did together, I'll tell you our adventures when we were kids, I'll tell you everything, even things more painful. I won’t let you forget who you are or who I am." Woohyun said, after kissing Hoya

I got up and walked silently from the room.

Goodbye, Hoya. Be happy! I thought, before closing the door. It’s so painful but I’m happy for them.

In the room:

"I love you..."

"I love you too, Woohyun"

________________________________________________________________________

Wow! It's here :D

Eheh, it's better than I thought. Well...I hope you enjoyed ^^

I didn't say who is the narrator of the story because this is clue...the narrator is the one of the two boys. Who is it? Eheh ^^

So....WooYa spam!!!

Hoya singing to Woohyun, so cute >.<

Eheh

Omg!

Eheh ^^

Ahah, Hoya's happy eheh

I like seeing them together >.<

Ahah

^^

Woohyun comforting Hoya ahah

Woohyun asking Hoya's attetion

 

And it's the last gif :D

I hope enjoyed ^^ 

Please Comment & Subscribe ^3^

 

And I hope you're curious about who'll be the next couple ^^ I left some hints in the chapter...

 

Bye bye, saranghaeyo!!!