Saying Goodbye to Sungyeol.

∞ INFINITE Oneshots ∞

"I'll miss you."

The other smiled sweetly and he saw in the paper the other held in his hand, saying "I'll miss you too."

"Yeol hyung...." he muttered.

They look into each other’s eyes for a few seconds. Sadness, caring and, especially, love can be seen in each other's eyes. Myungsoo takes a step forward and Sungyeol opens his arms - they hug tightly.

Saying goodbye is not difficult, it's difficult to leave behind people who you never want to separate.

And Sungyeol didn’t want to go, he didn’t want to separate from Myungsoo, he didn’t want to separate from his best friend, his secret crush (yes, he loved Myungsoo) but he knows that if he stays, he will hurt other people, not only Myungsoo but also the rest of the members, he knows that in this moment, he can never be good for INFINITE, in this moment, he has to go away and do everything to be able to come back better than ever.

What Sungyeol will miss most is his conversations with Myungsoo before going to sleep. Although they didn’t shared a room before, Sungyeol and Dongwoo sometimes exchanged rooms, this way Sungyeol and Myungsoo could talk a bit with each other.

This was possible because all members of INFINITE knew that neither of them would be able to sleep without talking to each other, if only for a minute.

The first time it happened, it was a bit awkward, because although they were quite comfortable with each other, none of them knew what to say, they just couldn’t sleep, so Sungyeol asked Dongwoo (which took a lot of time, since Dongwoo is sleeping so deeply, only to wake him up, it took almost 5 minutes) to exchange room because he wanted to talk to Myungsoo. Dongwoo said nothing, didn’t complain, didn’t ask why, just got up and walked to Sungyeol’s, Sungjong’s and Hoya’s room.

Sungyeol laid beside Myungsoo and they looked at each other for a few minutes, neither of them spoke. It was a bit awkward, usually they had always subject to talk but now they were alone, none of them knew what to say.

"I like orange juice." Sungyeol said, randomly

Myungsoo looked at him confused but said nothing for a few seconds.

"I thought you liked coffee..." Myungsoo muttered, loud enough to Sungyeol hear

"I LOVE IT!" Sungyeol said, almost shouting and Myungsoo laughed a bit

"How was your day, hyung?" Myungsoo asked, smiling a bit

That day they had only been together when INFINITE was recording his performance on M! Countdown. Myungsoo had been on a photo shoot, while Sungyeol had stayed in the dorm analyzing some scripts for dramas.

And so it was, they spoke of their day, they spoke of banal things, they spoke of their tastes, they spoke of what they didn’t like, sometimes took selcas together but never dared to publish them.

And here they were, hugging each other, saying goodbye - two years would pass and they wouldn’t be able to see each other even once, they wouldn’t be able to sleep in the same room, they wouldn’t be able to talk with each other before going to sleep, they wouldn’t be able to make jokes, play pranks to other members, they wouldn’t be able to go out together.

Myungsoo moved away a bit and Sungyeol smiled sadly. Sunggyu approached the two and Myungsoo stepped back, and one by one, all the members hugged Sungyeol.

Sungjong was the only one who cried and Sungyeol cried silently with him. It hurt, yes, it hurt not hear Sungyeol’s voice of but there was nothing they could do, Sungyeol would fulfill his obligatory military service alone while he would treat his vocal cords problem.

They discovered this problem a few days before, when they were recording “Kiss The Radio” with Super Junior’s Sungmin and Ryeowook. They had asked the INFINITE to sing a song and when it was Sungyeol’s part, he couldn’t sing, he opened his mouth and nothing came out. All members panicked but Hoya quickly sang Sungyeol’s part and in the end, Sungyeol threw Hoya a thankful.

After the program is over, they drove quickly to the dorm, where they spoke with the three managers and then the CEO of Woollim asked Sungyeol to come to his office.

"Did you go to the doctor?" CEO asked and Sungyeol shook his head

"No, sir. I made an appointment for today." the manager, Hyoan, said

"Ok. Once you have the results, please call me." the CEO asked and both nodded

A few hours later, Sungyeol and manager were already in the office of the doctor and had already done some tests. The doctor had left but came back in 10 minutes and his face was very serious.

"Well...the problem is in the vocal cords, we don’t know what it is but I can say that the treatment will last, at least one year." the doctor said "It seems that isn’t nothing too serious but as I said the treatment won’t be easy and it will be need a lot of effort."

"That means he won’t be able to talk for a year?" the manager asked

"Yes, he'll have to do the treatment and if there is no progress after a year, he will have to do an operation but I don’t advise it because is a bit dangerous." the doctor explained

Sungyeol and Hyoan looked at each other and didn’t say anything. The doctor gave me some advices and then they both left.

Hyoan decided it was the best to go to the dorm because Sungyeol looked pretty tired and the next day, they would talk to the CEO.

Once they got to the dorm, they were welcomed by Myungsoo, he was sitting on the floor, leaning to the wall and looked very tired and sleepy. Hyoan told Sungyeol to take him to the room because they both needed sleep, both had schedule in the next day and he went to his room.

"Pabo. You need to rest, tomorrow will be a hard day." Sungyeol wrote in a paper and Myungsoo just looked at him, after reading it. The younger approached Sungyeol and hugged him. The elder felt tears flowing down his face and hugged the younger too.

After several minutes in the same position, Myungsoo led Sungyeol to his room and both lay down, in the same clothes, not bothering to change clothes.

The next day, Hyoan, Sunggyu and Sungyeol were talking to the CEO, while the remaining members were with 2 other managers, each to their schedule.

"The doctor said they still don’t know what it is but it doesn’t seem to be serious, however, the treatment will last, at least, 1 year." Hyoan explains to the CEO

"Hm...this means that Sungyeol can’t talk, sing or perform for 1 year?" the CEO said while thinking "Well...he's only 23 years old, there are still a few years but as we want to keep all of this a secret, I think I have an idea. "

"What is it, sir?" Sunggyu asked, worried about the condition of the younger

Sungyeol was so nervous. Why this had to happen to him? He didn’t contributed a lot to the success of INFINITE (he thought), and now he couldn’t sing?

"Well....if Sungyeol wants, he can fulfill his obligatory military service for two years and will do the treatment at the same time." the CEO explained, looking at Sungyeol "What do you think?"

Sunggyu and Hyoan looked at each other, a bit anxious, however, none of them could make the decision because only Sungyeol could decide.

"I will." Sungyeol said, after several minutes in silence

And there they were, saying goodbye to Sungyeol.

Sungyeol entered in the van but before, he smiled a bit. All members smiled at him and waved. As soon as Sungyeol and Hyoan left, Myungsoo walked into the dorm, followed by Sunggyu.

The remaining members entered in the dorm and sat in the living room. Dongwoo hugged Sungjong and both cried, Woohyun sat, leaning to the wall and stood staring at the ceiling, trying to avoid the tears that wanted to come out at all costs. Hoya sat next to Woohyun and said nothing.

"How is that going to be from now on?" Woohyun whispered, loud enough to Hoya hear

"I don’t know. I don’t know how are we going to explain Sungyeol’s absence, I don’t know how will we live without him, without hearing his voice, without the pranks he plays on us with Myungsoo, without seeing him in the morning near the coffee machine, without his positive words.....I don’t know, hyung, I just know it will be difficult, especially for Myungsoo." Hoya said

Woohyun said nothing, he felt the tears flow down on his face but he did nothing to stop them. Hoya, seeing the older in that state, hugged him and said nothing.

In their room, was Myungsoo sitting on the bed with his hands on his face, light sobs escaped his lips and Sunggyu hugged him, while trying to avoid the tears that threatened to fall.

Sunggyu was the leader, Sunggyu had to be strong, Sunggyu had to support the younger, Sunggyu had to help him, Sunggyu couldn’t leave him alone - Myungsoo needed him.

“I hope he’ll be okay. I hope he don’t hurt himself. I miss him already hyung, he’s so precious to me. I…..I love him.” Myungsoo said, hugging Sunggyu

________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong!

Ok…so you’re probably confused because this wasn’t the story that was published but the previous story wasn’t going the way I wanted so I started this. It’ll have a sequel but I think I’m gonna do another story before the sequel, because I have to think how it’ll be.

But…anyways, sorry for not updating for so long but I’m writing my MyungGyu story, because I need to finish this month-beginning the next month. But I’ll try to update more often!! ^^

I’m trying to update my WooSoo story this week too, so please wait just a bit.

Thanks for subscribing!

As always, MyungYeol spam!!

Ahahah!

 

Sungyeol went straight to Myungsoo! >.< 

eheh!

kiss!

 

This was the last! 

The gifs don't belong to me, so credits to onwers :D

I hope you enjoyed!

Please comment & subscribe :D

Saranghaeyo!!

 

Oh! I almost forgot xD eheh! Can you please tell me which couple do you want me to write in the next chapter? please! Thank you! *throws Namu's hearts*