Will She Take It?

One Last Time

It would take about thirty minutes to reach the MBC building or forty-five minutes at most if there's any traffic jam or any of the sort. The trip was definitely silent as tension hung in the air. I didn't know what to say, it was like my tongue was tied or like I was  mute from the start. I occasionally took glances at her; she was looking outside the window. I wished I had the slightest idea what she was thinking. It was the first time in years that I was with her again and yet all I could do was make a fool of myself.

 

After so much contemplation, I mustered my courage to speak up because I sure as hell didn't know that silence could be so deafening that it was starting to kill me. "So... H-how are you?" What a really dumb question I said and what was the stuttering for? Aish, I really am a fool. As I was inwardly scolding my foolish self, I heard her giggle. Oh how I missed hearing that. Since I was driving, I couldn't really just take my eyes off the road. From the corner of my sight, I can see a smile plastered on her angelic face. That same smile that could melt anyone's heart. As dumb as that question was, at least I got her attention. She turned her head to my direction. 

 

"What was so funny at that?" I asked her, faking an angry tone. "What's more is that you didn't answer my question." I pouted glancing at her. Aigoo, I'm never gonna grow up, am I? Now, she was laughing. "Oppa, you haven't change. Aigoo, you're still Yong-choding." She laughed again. "Choding? Bwoh? Aish, Seo Joohyun, I'm not a choding anymore." With that, I joined her laughter and unconsciously, the awkwardness went away like it was never even there. 

 

Minutes later, we arrived at MBC. We got out of the car and upon seeing the building, a nostalgic smile grazed our faces. I looked at her, "This brings back memories, doesn't it?" "Um." She nodded with approval. "Kaja?" I asked while extending my hand at her, hopin much she would take it. I saw her hesitating. Please just take it, take my hand. If you will, I'm never gonna let you go, never again. It was true, I've made up my mind, if she would take my hand, I was going to do what I was supposed to do years ago. I've prepared myself.

 

To what felt like eternity, while I was in daze hoping she would hold my hand, I felt a warm sensation spread from my hand that I offered to her to my enitre being. She took it, she held my hand. I thought she wouldn't. I was happy beyond imagination. My bursting cheeks that were hidden years ago after the separation finally made its appearance once again. I looked at her once more and started toward the building while holding hands with her.

 

-------

Lame update. I apologize; I have many school projects I'm working at so I could hardly update. Hope you understand and please comment! :D