Awkward: Like When We First Met

One Last Time

 

The day has finally come; I was going to meet her formally again…after like what? Two years?  Really… It has been that long already? I checked the time; it was already half past 7 in the morning, the clock read in bold red numbers. I needed to get ready now or I would be late. It was one of the things she didn’t like, being late. I was told that I was going to fetch her at their dorm at 8:45AM.

 

While on my way to they bathroom, a thought came to me. “Why must I fetch her again?” I asked myself. Yeah, right. When I asked manager hyung why, he said that the PD wanted each couple to come together.

 

The clocked flashed 8:10AM. Aish, I had been in front of my closet for like 15 minutes now! I didn’t know what to wear! I was running out of time, I just grabbed any clothing, wore it and made the final checking on myself. I was wearing a body-fit white v-neck white shirt with a checkered blue vest, white pants and a blue with red & white top sider shoes. [This is how his clothes look like: last of the 6 pictures, shoes]Not so bad, I thought to myself. Looking at my watch, it ticked 8:23AM. Shoot, I’ve got 22 minutes left. I grabbed my car keys and her address written on a small sticky note on the wall and rushed out the dorm to my car.

 

I was almost out of the gates when I remembered, “Seatbelt. Tch, Seo Joohyun.” I smirked and an upward tug crept at the corners of my mouth. A small smile found its way to my face as I recalled the moments when she reprimanded me for not wearing the seatbelt.

 

Already halfway to her dorm, I started feeling nervous. My heart was beating like crazy, going “dugeun, dugeun” by the second I was getting closer and closer to her abode. How would I act towards her? I don’t know! The second I started thinking about what to do, my mind goes blank.  “Ugh! Jung Yonghwa, get a hold of yourself!” I scolded myself.

 

Soon, I arrived in front of her dorm. I was 10 minutes early. What should I do while waiting for her? Without any ideas, I just got out of my car, leaned on the hood of it while holding a can of hot coffee. It was still a chilly morning afterall.

 

After waiting patiently, I saw a familiar silhouette on the hallways of the building heading towards the automatic glass doors. It was somewhat like a re-enactment of the night I sent her off; the only difference was today she was heading out, walking towards me. As she came closer, I started to make out those beautiful, stunning facial features of her. She was still the same as always, simple yet stunning. 

 

To what felt like eternity, she finally stepped out of the doors and saw me. With awkward smiles, just like when we first met, we greeted each other and bowed slightly. I walked to her too and handed her the warm canned coffee I prepared.

 

I made my way back to the car, she followed behind. Like the gentleman I always had been, I opened the door for her; she bowed slightly so as to say thanks. I gave her a small smile in return. I went to the driver’s seat and started the engine. When I was going to drive already, I heard her soft voice, “Seatbelt.” How could I forget that the second time again today? “Oh, yeah…” Sheepishly smiling as I replied. With that, we were off to MBC building.

 

-------

This is a very late update and I'm sorry for that! School started and I started to become busy. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter. 2 more chapters, I guess and this story will be done. Oh, before I forget, Hyun's dress will be revelaed in the next chapter. :D