Chapter 10

Tale of The Sun & The Moon

hello there,

it's been awhile since i've update this story, so here it is.

happy reading!

SONG OF THE SUN & THE MOON - min sunye

 

That evening, Taecyeon brought Sun Ye to the playground near their house while Sun Mi stayed at the house, making dinner with the help of Taecyeon’s mother.

 

“Sun Mi-ya, I’m going to the grocery for a while. We need turmeric for curry. Don’t forget to check the stew for me. Turn off the gas once its boil.” Omonim remind her.

 

“Ok. Please be safe.” (It’s a normal Korean greeting when someone went outside than their house but it sounds bizarre in English! =.=)

 

Sun Mi was absorbed on her work when she heard someone’s knocking the door. ‘Who is it? Maybe Omonim forgot to bring her key.’ Sun Mi thought. She quickly cleaned her hands and grabbed the key.

“I’m coming!” She yelled. Once the door opened, Sun Mi almost fainted. The man that she had been thinking for was right in front her. The only word that escape from was; “Oppa..”

 

Nichkhun pulled her for a tight hug. They stayed like that for a moment before they broke the hug. Nichkhun took a closer look on the person that he loves the most. He watched as tears silently rolled down her cheeks. Wiping away her tears, he cupped her face and they shared a kiss.

 

-A few minutes later-

 

None of them have spoken a word but keep on staring into each other as if they both understand what they’ve been feeling for all these years, lust and longing.

 

“What happened?” Nichkhun initiate the first move, hoping there would be an explanation for her missing but Sunmi just shook her head.

 

“There must be something. Tell me. Why did you leave? Where were you when they die? Why didn’t you come to the funeral? Why?” he raised his voice. But Sunmi remained her silent.

 

“Fine, come. You’ll be living with me.”

“No, I can’t.” Sunmi refused.

“Then, why?”

Sunmi hesitated. She thought she was prepared for this day but NO. She was not prepared. As if God heard her, suddenly she could hear footsteps from outside and …

 

“Mommy!” Sunye ran and hug her followed by Taecyeon, smiling behind Sunye. Nichkhun stiffened. ‘Mommy? Did she just call her Mommy?’ Nichkhun looked at Taecyeon who are smiling at him. ‘Then this guy is probably… this is must be her husband..’ Nichkhun heart aches. He felt loss and betrayed at the same time. He quickly gets up, ready to leave.

 

“Oppa, wait!” Sunmi hold him. “This is not like what you think. I’ll explain.”

“No, you don’t have to! I was wrong. I’ve spent few years miserably looking for you. But you.. look at you, happy and healthy. I’m such a foolish!” Nichkhun snapped.

Sunmi looked helplessly at Taecyeon who was shocked by Nichkhun’s sudden abruptness. He quickly lifts Sunye, leaving them alone.

 

“Oppa, if you think you’re the only one that miserable all these time, you are wrong! Do you know what had happened to me after you left? Do you ..”

“Tell me then!’ Nichkhun cut her off.

 

“You know I just can’t” Sunmi helplessly said.

“Try me.”

 

“Oppa… she is your daughter.” Nichkhun froze, his heartbeat stopped. For a moment he thought he is going to die. He did not expecting this.

 

“She is what? My.. my daughter?” 

Sunmi nodded weakly. That’s it. She already said it and somehow she felt relieved. Relieved as she don’t have to hide anymore. Relieved as Sunye will finally know her biological father. Now, if only she had courage to tell him about their pa…

 

“Did they know about this? Mom does know about this right?” Nichkhun asked. Things were getting clear and clearer for him. Slowly he was getting a hold of the truth.

 

“Yes. Right after you left, they insist to send me into hospital. That was when they find out, no, we find out.” Without waiting for a reply, Sunmi continued. “Mom was mad. Very mad. She scared the hell out of me but dad, he was cool as always. He was shocked at first but he realized it was already happened. He said ‘Lets go back and start a new life’ but mom refused. She even pretend that I was dead.. That’s why I decided to move out from the house. “Tears were rolling down her cheeks.

 

“ It was scary back then, but Taecyeon was kind enough and brought me here to live with his mother. Omonim was a kind-hearted woman. She took care of me very well and even accompanied me when I was giving birth to Sunye. It was sad how a stranger can treat you better than your own family. But really, I wasn’t even a family. I was just a stranger. An ungrateful orphan..” there she lost it as she was sobbing uncontrollably. Nichkhun hugged her.

 

“Shh… I’m sorry.. I should be there for you. I’m sorry..” he whispered.

“Oppa, do.. do.. you kn-know.. how lonely .. it.. was? I-I thought I gon-na die… when.. I was..  in the.. the.. labour ro-room. Where were you…” Sunmi managed to say between her tears.

“Shh.. I’m sorry.. I’m sorry.. I’m sorry..” sorry was all that Nichkhun could say. He couldn’t imagine how Sunmi felt, having to go through all these alone.

 

Little that they knew, someone was watching them. Taecyeon let out a deep breathe. 'This is the reason why you cant accept me, right?'

 

i'm sorry for making you guys waiting but time is really something unpredictable.

next few weeks will be supeeeeer busy weeks for me. so i hope this chapter will be enough for the time being.

i'm thinkng to end this story in few more chapters but who knows?

OH, since i was curious, how bout we try this one game, 100 more views and at least 2 more subscribers before i update??

nvm bout subscribing since i cant force you to subscribe this, ritee?!

till then, bye~ <3

 

waiting for #WG!