epilogue. a lifetime with you

stumbling down a winding road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

epilogue. a lifetime with you

7 YEARS LATER___
 

Spring.

It is the season where the cold makes way for the warm. Where the trees that have shed their leaves and covered their branches in snow become alive and green once again. Where the air is fresh, and the flowers of reds, whites, and yellows are blooming, and the skies are painted in soft shades of blue while the birds glide in the air, happily chirping a carefree springtime song.

It is a fine spring morning – one that Lee Hyukjae would have gone out to the balcony to appreciate if it weren’t for the fact that he is currently busy hiding under the bed. To be more specific, hiding from a certain angry Lee Donghae whose loud footsteps are echoing throughout their small apartment.

“Lee Hyukjae, where the are you?!”

He bites his lips, covering his mouth with a palm as he muffles a whimper – a whimper that he couldn’t stop from turning into an undignified shriek when he feels a hand roughly grab him by the ankle, pulling him out of his hiding place and allowing his eyes to meet the narrowed ones of his husband’s.

Blinking innocently, Hyukjae attempts a wide grin and a peace sign, only to end up yelping in pain when Donghae lightly slaps the side of his head. “Ow!”

“You dumb !”

A piece of fabric is pushed into Hyukjae’s chest, and he frowns guiltily as he sits up, knowing exactly what it is.

“I knew I shouldn’t have trusted you with the laundry!” Donghae wails, a mix of annoyance and despair clearly etched on his features as he grips Hyukjae’s shoulders and shakes him like a rag doll. “Look at what you did to my favorite shirt! It became pink! Pink, for ’s sake!”

“I’m so sorry!” Hyukjae cries as he reaches out to envelop Donghae in his arms, squashing the pink shirt between their bodies as his husband whines and struggles to get out of his hold. “Forgive me, please. I’ll buy you tons of new shirts the next time we go shopping! Promise!”

Donghae immediately stops thrashing about, pulling away slightly to narrow his eyes and jut out his lower lip at Hyukjae. “Really?”

“Yes, sweetheart,” Hyukjae quickly kisses his pout, smiling widely when Donghae wrinkles his nose adorably. “Am I forgiven now?”

Sighing, Donghae only frowns greatly before nodding r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter