COFFEE AND MUFFINS.

SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Are you going or not?” Bunny has been bugging me for days about the Alumni Homecoming and up until I’m still undecided.

I don’t know, but after all the crazy things that I’ve experienced in middle school, I don’t think that I can even show up in that Homecoming without thinking of the past. I mean, most of the people there did something to me and it’s just so hard to act like nothing’s wrong and you’ve already forgotten whatever bullying they did. Yes, I’ve moved on from it, but it doesn’t mean that it’s already out of my system. I got hurt so many times all throughout the years, but the pain that my middle school years have given me is just too much.

“….you’ve changed already! You’re not the Kenken that they know anymore…”

“Bubu….I’m already there….I’m not the ugly kid with bad acne….thick eyeglasses and weird looking braces anymore....but….no matter how “good” my transformation is….I’m still the ugliest kid that school has ever had….I was labeled that and it’ll stick with me forever” I told her.

Maybe, I’m still holding a grudge, but I swear to God, I’ve already pass that worse phase of my life coz I know that no matter what I do, I cannot bring back the past anymore and fight for myself. I’ve all of their bullying in and maybe it’s also my fault coz I let them do that to me.

“We haven’t attended any of the homecomings at all….Kenken…maybe this is the right time for you to show those ers that you grew well even after all their cruelness” Bunny is not going to stop till I agree with this.

I sighed heavily then wrecked my brain for the right thing to do. Honestly, I’m itching to go for I really want them to see the “now” Kenken for I admit, I’ve grown to be so different from the old me.

“I don’t know…I’ll….think about it…give me some more time” I stood up from the couch and started cleaning the studio again.

“The homecoming is tomorrow already” Bunny said.

I turned to look at her then sighed “I know” I told her then went back to cleaning again.

My mind is really in a mess right now for Bunny and Mummy has been bugging me about this homecoming for days already and I’ve had enough of it. They both want me to go coz according to them, going there will be so much fun. If I know, they just want me to be seen by those who bullied me and slap them with how much I’ve grown and transformed all throughout the years.

“Meet me at the coffee shop near your studio...I’m on my way already” Mummy said.

This built my curiosity “Why? Don’t you have a date today?” I asked.

Well, I didn’t succeed in breaking her and her “boy toy” coz the jerk has a good grip on my mother and she is so blinded by her love for him.

I’m not sure of the reason why Mummy wants to meet with me, but I have a feeling that something happened between her and that jerk coz she doesn’t look happy when I saw her.

“What’s up?” I asked coolly.

You see, Mummy and I talk and act like best friends coz our isn’t that huge for she had me when she was eighteen. My grandparents are so against our relationship and how we treat each other, but I can’t do anything about it for their daughter is the one who told me that she doesn’t want to be treated as a mother sometimes and this is one of those times.

“We broke up”

She’s just so transparent that I can tell what she’s going through in just one look.

“Good!” I said happily.

She looked at me in disbelief “Bill….I know that you hate him….but…for once…can you act like you’re sorry for me?” she asked.

I shook my head “Nope…can’t act all” I said “Mummy…you know so well that I hate that guy and all I want is for the two of you to break up…now that I’ve got what I want…I’m happy…how can I feel sorry when I’m super happy?” I asked and she sighed in desperation.

“Fine!” she said in annoyance.

I know that I should be comforting my mother, but she’s so used to these things already. She’s been going through heartbreaks ever since I can remember and believe me when I say that she’ll get over this by tomorrow, or later if she happens to find an interesting thing to do or a man that she can obsess with again.

“What happened anyway?” I’ve decided to at least hear her out. In this way, she can somewhat feel that I’m here for her.

“According to him…he cannot be with me coz you guys doesn’t like him at all….and he got sick with all the bad mouthing that the three of you has been doing…he’s tired of pleasing you guys….resulting for him to come to this decision of cutting the string that connects us” Mummy’s voice is really sad and I kinda feel guilty coz I’ve never heard her in this tone for a long time already.

I reached for her hand “Mummy…I know that we’ve been so bad to him and we really made him feel like an outcast whenever we’re together…but….trust me….he’s no good for you….that guy is a jerk…he will just play with you” I cannot lie to her.

I sighed heavily “Don’t get offended…alright?” I asked and she gave a nod “Those type of guys…are just around to up all your money….you are not that young anymore Mum….and let’s face it…even if you look like you’re still in your late twenties....he’s still younger than you….that boy is so immature….he still doesn’t know what love really is….all he wants is adventure…like you…he wants to try everything….and sorry to say…but….you’re just an interesting thing that he wants to try….and it’s pretty obvious that he will not stick with you for long….Mum” this is so hard for I feel so mature like I’m “Ms. Know it all”

“….there are still many fishes in the ocean….you can still get big ones….mature and a bit old who will take care and love you for whoever you are….you don’t need another son….coz…MG…Drake and I are such pain in the already” I joked and it made her laugh.

Mummy and I give hardcore advices to each other and even though there are times that we don’t really do whatever the other say, in one way or another, we still consider the points and somehow stick our words on our hearts and minds. Having a mother like her can be too much for you feel like you’re taking care of another sibling, but it’s the coolest thing of all coz I can talk to her about anything and everything without filtering my words. Oh, how I love my mother!

After that, she seemed to be a little calm already. Her sad face became light and the tight hug that we just shared made me feel like she’s super thankful to me for putting some sense in her.

“So…..where do you want to go now?” I asked.

She looked at me with a teasing smile on her face “Let’s shop” she answered and I looked at her weirdly.

“Shop? Mummy….you just did that yesterday and if you haven’t noticed…you almost put the whole mall in a bag….are you turning into a badass shopaholic again?” I swear, she’ll never get enough of splurging.

If there’s one thing that I can benefit from my Mum that is so useful, it’s her closet. I swear, she got a whole room of clothes and her shoes are overflowing as well. I don’t shop in malls anymore for I have my own “mini mall” at home. Yes, her clothes fit me, PERFECTLY and their styles suit my taste as well.

“Bill….it’s your Alumni Homecoming tomorrow…right? We should shop for a new outfit!” here we go again.

I rolled my eyes then sighed “Yes….but….I’ve decided not to come…so….there’s no need for a new outfit” I don’t know where this decision came from but what the hell! I’ve already said it, so I better stick with it already.

“NO! You should come! Bill! Don’t do this to me!” she’s acting like a teenager and she sounds like one.

“Mummy….I don’t want to come because there’s nothing much to do there and I’m not in the mood to see the people in my nightmares…so please…don’t push it anymore” I told her but from the way she looks, she will not stop till I change my decision.

“No….you’ll come with me and we’ll look for an outfit” she grabbed me by the wrist and forced me to walk.

And because she will not stop till she get what she wants, I just let her shop for me. After all, I can just use whatever outfit she’ll choose in some other events or parties.

“Too y” I’ve been fitting a thousand clothes already and yet, I haven’t seen the perfect one.

“This is good!” Mummy is holding a dress that looks like you’re gonna catch Pneumonia in a snap once you wear it.

“No” I shook my head and was about to walk away but she grabbed my arm “I don’t want to try that! Look at it” I got the dress from her and flipped it to the other side “It’s so open...I cannot wear this especially when it’s freezing outside” I said.

She smirked “You’re not going to spend all your time outside of the venue Bill….just try it…please….for your heartbroken Mum…please” she’s begging like a kid.

“Oh F! FINE!” I said and dragged my heavy body to the dressing room again.

Morning came and it’s the day of the homecoming. If only I can run away from Mummy and Bunny, I’ve already done it for up until the wee hours of the night, they’re still bugging me to come and I wasn’t able to sleep well coz I keep on weighing my heart and mind on who is much dominant and who I’m gonna listen to.

“Mind’s telling me not to come coz there’s no point in showing up there….hearts telling me to come coz it happens rarely and the past should be forgotten already” I talk to myself in front of the mirror “WHAT TO DO!” I exclaimed while messing my hair.

*phone ringing*

“What?” it’s Bunny, I’m sure she’s going to remind me about that freakin homecoming again.

“Kenken…it’s a date later…alright?” as expected.

I sighed heavily “I don’t know…I’m not sure” I said.

I swear, I’m going to stick with my first decision and no one can change it anymore.

“C’mon! Don’t be a party pooper! Let’s go there and see if it’s fun then leave if it’s boring” this is a good bargain, but still…

“Bubu…I don’t know why you’re pushing this….but….it’s totally making me crazy” I told her.

“Want to know the real reason why I want you to go there?” she asked and it built up my curiosity.

“Spill” I said and heard a sigh from her.

“Well…I want those freaks to see how beautiful you’ve become….that…the ugly Kenken that they always bully is now a beautiful swan….you have to show them that even after all the pain that they gave you….you still managed to live happily….this is your chance to show them that you’re not the little girl that they use to laugh at and tease every in second….slap them with your beauty and with that great personality…I’m so sure those people will drool once they see you” she said.

I don’t know, but Bunny’s words kinda made me change my decision for I agreed to come with her after that.

Bunny’s right, I should go and show the “new” me and it’s not because I want to slap them on the faces with how I look now. I’m going because I want to show them that I’ve already move on an

Please log in to read the full chapter