Chapter 3

The Beauty of Ugliness

 

The Beauty of Ugliness

 

-JOORI’S POV-

“Who do you miss?” I saw LuHan looking at me, slightly worried. My eyes widened. *Wasn’t I alone?* “Gwenchana? Are you okay JooRi-ssi?” He asked. I looked down, avoiding eye contact. LuHan is like the rest, like Kris and Lay. He’s gonna hurt me, sooner or later. “You know.. whenever I feel down, sad or upset, I always look up at the sky.” He smiled. “You know why? “Cuz we all live under the same sky, I know I’m not alone. If you want… you want me to stay here with you? I know what Kris and Lay did was bad. They made a stupid choice. I tried to stop them but you can’t stop anything from them. I’m sorry I didn’t do anything..”

When I thought all of my tears were finally gone, they came back again. I was sobbing, covering my face with my hands. It wasn’t about Kris or Lay, the reason why I was crying, it’s because one of my most important things is gone. He won’t come back anymore.

LuHan wrapped his arms around me, letting me soak his shirt with my tears. “LuHan-ssi… He’s gone.” I wanted to talk to someone about this. I wanted someone to know how I was feeling. “He was so important to me. Kurin is gone.” I sobbed. LuHan patted my back, soothing me.

“Shh, It’s okay. I know how you feel. It’ll be okay.” He let me rest my head on his shoulder while I was crying.

“He’s gone. H-h-he’ s really gone. I never thought about life without him. Kurin is.. so important to me. I talked to him all the time with Coco. I.. loved him.” I cried.

“JooRi-ah. Don’t be afraid to love okay? Cuz not everyone will hurt you. Just remember that.” He soothed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris was hiding behind the wall right where the staircase was. He saw LuHan going up the stairs by himself and wanted to know why. He was unsure whether to go up or not. Kris was walking back and forth for five minutes, and LuHan didn’t come back down yet. Kris went up to make sure LuHan was okay, he slowly crept up the stairs not trying to make a sound. He hid behind the wall, when he looked towards the rooftop, he saw LuHan embracing a girl in his arms. And that girl was no other than the Kim JooRi.

“I loved him..” She sobbed. Kris froze.

 *Was she talking about me? Did she really like me that much?* He thought. He felt guilty for making her cry like that when she did nothing wrong. He then scoffed. “What am I thinking? I’m Kris. I do this all the time.” He muttered. “ I could care less if she really loved me or not.” Without thinking, Kris walked in the middle of the rooftop, chuckling. “You really loved me? That’s pathetic.” JooRi looked up, eyes all red, bags starting to form underneath. “And LuHan-ge why are you up here?”

LuHan got up and JooRi remained where she was. “That’s enough Kris. Just mind your own business.” He said, pushing Kris away.

“Why? Isn’t it gonna be my business if she said she loved me?? This is about me and her.” He snickered.

“Just leave Kris.” LuHan growled.

“No.” He smirked. Kris didn’t even know why he was doing this. He didn’t realize he was up here with JooRi and LuHan until much later. Kris and LuHan heard JooRi mumble something.

“What did you say?” LuHan gently asked.

“I never loved Kris.” She mumbled again. She looked at Kris straight in the eyes, almost glaring at him. He kept still, not saying anything. “I wasn’t talking about you.” LuHan smiled to himself. Kris scoffed numerous times.

“W-we-well then who were you talking about?” He questioned stepping up closer to JooRi.

“I don’t want to tell you. Leave.” She demanded quietly.

“I can stay here if I want to.” He retorted. JooRi got up from where she was sitting and walked towards LuHan.

“Then I’ll just leave.”  She bowed to LuHan and went downstairs leaving LuHan and Kris a little shocked.

“Kris! What the hell man? She wasn’t talking about you. Why were you up here anyway?” LuHan exploded. Even the cute 5- year old looking boy can look scary.

“Because… I wanted to know what you were up to. And I didn’t expect you to be with JooRi. And if she wasn’t talking about me, then who else would it be? Huh? She can’t get anyone else.”

“God dammit Kris. Just leave her alone. She’s human too.”

“Why do you keep avoiding my question ge?? You like her?” He asked.

“It was her family. Happy? Okay? Now Leave her alone. Don’t cause any more trouble with anyone. Stop playing people. I’m sick of it.” He snarled.  He soon left Kris leaving Kris thinking about what just happened.

*Family…* He thought. *I don’t have my family anymore. I didn’t think she would have family problems. I lost my parents in a car accident when I was 12 and my sister moved to China. She didn’t visit me since the accident.* “Aish!” Kris grumbled. “So. Damn. Difficult.”

 


 

Okay so this is a short one. I found this quote and I wanted to share it with you guys. How is it??

 “I saw a star, I reached for it, and I missed. So I accepted the sky.”

  • Scott Fortini quotes

 

I hope this was an okay chapter. Please subscribe and comment. I love comments >.<

And thank you to all my subscribers out there. LOVE YOOOUU GUYSS! <3