He’s not A Prince Charming [Yonghwa/ Seohyun]

Strawberry Shortcake

He was not the smartest kid back in his school day, but also not those the one that embarrass the parents. He can’t do that, with his family background it will be like social suicide for doing it, beside he didn’t have the heart doing it for his family. So, he was study, enough. Got a good score, not perfect, he got his brother to fill that spot. He enjoyed life like any other youngster.

His parents got demands, but it’s always negotiable. Like when he said he want to do music, they allowed, even supported him by buying the instrument he liked, paying the music tuition, once a while when he got stage performance, they came and watched it.

You can say he got a great family. So, if now he tries all in his power to show the world that he is not just some heir, a man with family as backup, he determined to do it.

Jung Yonghwa always got what he wants, his parents know, his brother knows, all his friends know it. When he said he want to move to the capital city, to make his own career, at first his father tried to talk him not to, because they got a quite big company even well known to some countries and having only his brother to handle (not that he’s not capable, he is, but two heads better than one), sometimes too much, although his father still run the company also. But when Yonghwa told him the reason, his father nodded with understatement and wished him good luck.

But Yonghwa is not a heartless person, when his brother got accident and need to rest, without any second thought he quitted his job to go back to Busan, and handled the company along with his father, because he know very well about his father’s health. Surely, when his brother got back on his feet again, Yonghwa gave back the responsibilities and back to Seoul for another job hunting.

As for love life, his mother without any thought of given up even though always got rejected by Yonghwa, tried over and over to pair him with the daughter from her friends. From the one that very rich to the one that so smart.

Yes, Yonghwa went to the dinner, enjoy the meals, had a nice conversation, gave them the ride home, really act as true gentleman, but it always ended when the door closed. He never goes out with them for the second time.

Once his mother asked, was there something wrong with the girls? Did he prefer older woman? Even man?

Yonghwa not able to answer, just laugh so hard. Never in his life had he got that kind of laugh, and he truly blessed because that laugh came caused by the only woman he adored as long as he live.

No, Jung Yonghwa is not a gay. He is a straight man, but right now what got his attention not love but his career. He is at his peak and he want to stay like that, or if he can go higher. And for that he need full concentration. All his mind and soul need to be intact without any interference.

There’s also a moment of weakness for Yonghwa, when you are up high, without realizing it you will be alone, and loneliness will be your partner. Loneliness is like a time ticking bomb, you can feel the ticking, eat your soul slowly, and make everything all over the places. That moment you need something to get you back. Sport, music, holiday will be one of the gateway to skip the feeling, but when it’s not enough, family will be the last solution. But Yonghwa is a man with principles, a proud one. He is the one who ask this kind of path, so he will tried as minimum to ask help from his family as his solution. Because in his mind if he start to rely on something, even it’s his family, he afraid he won’t be able to stand on his own.

Yonghwa wait patiently for the other party pick up his phone, this is the first time for him contact the service agency, usually it his secretary who made every arrangements that needed, but today arrangement a little bit different, a little bit personal.

So, when he asked the number to his secretary, her questioned face kind of funny for Yonghwa, but he just smiled to her.

“GG Cleaning Service, may I help you?”

“Ah, yes. I am Jung Yonghwa,”

“Yes, Mr. Jung, is there anything we can help?”

“I want to know the person that doing the cleaning of my apartment last night,”

“I am sorry to ask beforehand Mr. Jung, but is there any problem with the service?”

“Oh, no. There’s no problem at all…” with that Yonghwa into the silent mode, because he didn’t know what to say, explain the nature of his call to the service agency.

“Mr. Jung?”

“Ah, right, yes. It’s alright, just forget it.”

“Yes?”

“Thank you,” he know it’s rude for not listen to other party reply, but he already sure that the line was already off before he hang-up the phone.

But, Yonghwa is not easy to give up, because he’s too flustered doing the deed by himself, so this time he asked Jonghyun, his best friend ever to do the dig up. Dig up, sound like espionage while this only searching a cleaning lady that somehow kind enough to made him dinner. Who know what she look like, she might be a 60 years old ahjumma that got dozen of grandchildren. Who knows?

Somehow lady luck, again, favor Yonghwa. A week after he asked Jonghyun for the favor, Jonghyun came to his office with a big smile, which Yonghwa rare to see. Guess the information Jonghyun’s got really something.

“Wooow, hyung! Wooow!” said Jonghyun as he took the sofa, the smile still plastered there.

“What with the wow thing?” Yonghwa asked while reading the report that his secretary brought it a while ago, another preparation before another meeting.

“Daebak, hyung!”

“What is it?”

“Come and look by yourself,” Jonghyun waving a brown envelop.

“Can you just tell me?”

“Where’s the fun? You must read it by yourself,”

Yonghwa know heartedly, this won’t go anywhere, so he rises from his chair, walk to the sofa and took place beside Jonghyun.

Received, opened, and read what inside the envelope.

A moment of silent.

Another moment of silent.

“Are you sure?” Yonghwa asked when he finally regains the conscious.

“Yupe, 100%,”

“Wooow!”

“I know right? It’s Wooow!”

 

As Joohyun walked to the office, she thought it will be like any other day, the day she plugs in her card to machine as her attendance to be known, and ready to do the work. But oh my she got it wrong.

First, she felt weird with the kind of attention she kind of get from people that passed her by, they kind of look at her, smiled at her with not so normal smile. Second, when she off to the pantry to put her lunch box in the refrigerator, beside the look also giggle. Yes they giggled. And as the last one when she walked in to the office, to meet Suji, Her Supervisor’s assistant to get her paper work for the day, there’s a big rose bouquet in Suji’s work station, and people stand round it, whispering, and more giggling.

Joohyun, stood there for like 5 minutes, when she knew it won’t do her anything; she won’t get the paper work.

“Excuse me,” she said.

And when three signals that she thought and felt weird, this time another level. Everyone turn around to look at her, in the amazing way that they doing it in synch. After that, the reaction that she saw more varies.

Some gapped, some smiled that got a tease mark in it, some smirked.

“Joohyun-ah,” Suji said along with her nervous laugh. “Paper work?”

Joohyun just nodded.

“Wait, okay? I prepared it, now. Okay guys, leave now,” Suji tried to shoo the people around her desk. And one by one left with some of them gave patting on Joohyun’s shoulder.

As now just a couple people in the room, “What happened, Suji-ah?” Joohyun asked. “Why everybody a little bit … uhmm … different?”

Suji let another nervous laugh, she pointed the bouquet.

“Aaah, it’s beautiful.” Joohyun understand, not so often the office suddenly received this kind of bouquet. She knew for sure this kind bouquet is expensive. “You are so lucky, Suji-ah,”

“What? It’s not for me,”

“Eh?”

“It yours Joohyun-ah,”

“Eh?”

“See the envelope,” Suji said while gave her the paper works. Joohyun counted silently, there’s 5 paper works. So 5 places for today.

“For me?” indeed it’s her name on the envelope that taped on vas of the bouquet.

“Yeah, and I guess that’s why people kind of different as you said before,”

“Ah,”

“Here’s the card, I save it for you from them. Because they want to read it,” Suji handed the card.

“Thank you. I’ll be going now,” Joohyun gave a little bow to Suji.

“Joohyun-ah, how about this?” Suji called her pointed the bouquet.

“Leave it there, it’s make the room better,” Joohyun answered and smiled. She is right the bouquet make the room different, livelier. Suji nodded and smile too.

Joohyun can’t remember when the last time she got a bouquet, and if she thought about it again, she knew she never got one, even when she was in relationship. Well, although the one and only relationship she got lasted her years of college but both of them a college student with limited money, and her boyfriend was not a romantic. Well, what can you expect, dating a science major, that most of the time stayed in the lab.

Joohyun felt relieve the subway kind of empty for the first place she went, so she got herself a seat. The card is in the pocket of her coat, she contemplating to read it. She took it from her coat’s pocket.

Somehow as if the time stopped, when she finished read the lines of sentences on the card.

 

‘The food is delicious. And I wish you can do it again. –JYH-‘