Chapter One

Where'd you meet her?

Where'd You Meet Her?; Chapter One.

 

Warning!: There is some strong language in this chapter! Please, if you feel offended by this, do not read any further!

 

In Yuri's POV

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The heat was outstanding that day - causing all of South Korea to suffer and give in to the heatwave that was flowing through the city. Many were at waterparks and lakes, but my love, Jessica Jung, and I were at home - making the most of a day off our works. I was a cleaner for my parents' house, working five days a week for 11 hours. It wasn't my parents' choice to make me clean their house, but me and Jessica were low on funds and couldn't pay rent for our apartment. So I begged them to let me clean, paying me minimun wage. I was so happy when I got the job, even if it was just a bit of money - but it payed for my courses. I was studying to be a lawyer - influenced by my parents. However, today I had no courses nor any work - my parents were out and insisted I had the day off. I accepted instantly, hoping to make the most of a day with Jessica. Jessica was an aspiring actress - working part time at a local theatre, and the other half of the time at a restaurant as a waiter. Jessica also got the day off, so we were lucky.

What wasn't to love? A day off work, drinking wine with my girlfriend - walking round in our underwear. It was perfect. Yet, I had a feeling that something would happen today. Was I right? Yes.

I was sitting on the counter of the breakfast bar, in just a checked top and cut off shorts - enjoying the heat, drinking wine when Jessica came out of our bedroom. She was wearing her white bra with a lace top to it and her undies, putting a denim top over it. She had wine in her hand, and sipped it as she walked over to me. God knows why we were, but we were drinking the wine away as if it was life saving medicine to a sick person. It was so expensive, but we didn't care. She sat on my lap, facing me and putting her legs on the counter.

"Yul - how is it? The heat? I can put the air conditioning on, if you want." she asked, smiling at me. I shook my head.

"Too much money, Sica." I replied, sighing. It was true - we barely had any money at all. I insisted quitting my courses, but Jessica was firm and wouldn't let me quit. That was why I loved her so much - she never let you give up on your dreams.

"A-are you sure, Yuri?" she asked, looking at my legs. I laughed, putting my finger on her chin and lifting her head up to face me.

"If you want to, baby." I said, smiling and looking straight into her eyes. She smiled, then kissed me. Jessica then got up from my lap, and stood up on the counter - reaching up to the control box. She switched on the conditioning, and we could feel a small breeze. The conditioning wasn't the best seeing as this was quite a rubbish place to live, but it cooled us down enough. It was all we needed, really. She jumped down, and then beckoned me over to the sofa. She sat down, and I followed - climbing over the top and jumping on to it.

"What is it, Jessi? I asked, grinning and playing with her ankle bone. I traced circles around it, until I realised Jessica wasn't talking. I looked up, and saw her face full of sadness. I stopped, and she grabbed onto my hand.

"W-why are you still with me, Yuri?" she asked, sighing. I raised my eyebrows.

"Huh? Don't ask stupid questions like that, Jessica." I said, grabbing the remote and putting the television on. She took it off me, and turned off the tv.

"Hey, Yuri. This is serious. Answer me!" she said, in a loud tone which wasn't really shouting - but close to it. I instantly stopped, and saw she was truly being serious. I sighed.

"Because I love you, Jessica." I said, putting her hair behind her ear. She shook her head.

"But - I can't give you any children, nor any money. I can't love you like others can." she said, her eyes watering. I watched her as a tear ran down her cheek. I wiped it away with my top.

"Look, Jessica. You're all I need in life. We don't need a home, or money or even... children. We just need eachother, yeah?" I said, smiling. She smiled back and nodded. She kissed me, and we had a long hug - which ended up to us both falling asleep on the sofa.

We woke up at 6p.m, and I quickly woke up when I found out the time.

"Crap - Jessica! Wake up!" I said, jumping up on the counter and turning off the conditioning.

"W-what?" she yawned.

"We left the conditioning on." I sighed, going into the fridge and taking out two microwave dinners. She stood up.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry Yuri." she said, getting up and walking over to me. I couldn't help but smile.

"I-it's ok, Sica." I said, putting them in the microwave and turning the timer. She nodded, and got up on her toes, hugging me. I lifted her up and put her on the counter. She kissed me, and then poured herself more wine. She looked so happy, but little did I know what she'd reveal to me later.

 

We sat down at the small table we owned, and started our ready meals. It was quiet, and only the sound of our forks and drinks were heard. Then Jessica started talking.

"There's something I've got to tell you, Yuri-ah." she started, putting down her fork. I looked up at her.

"Yeah? Ok then, go ahead." I said, putting down my fork too. She took a deep breath in, and put her hair behind her ear.

"Well, know that I work at the theatre?" she started. I nodded.

"Yeah, course I do. Part time job, right?" I replied, sipping my wine. She nodded.

"Well, a couple of weeks ago - I auditioned for a massive broadway show, Legally Blonde. And I-"

"You audtioned for something and didn't tell me?" I said, cutting her off. She blushed and nodded.

"Sorry Yuri." she said, her voice dropping. I shook my head.

"Continue." I told her, picking up my fork and eating some chicken. She looked out the window.

"Um, well - I got the lead role." she said. I basically choked.

"What? There has to be some kind of mistake! You can't be a broadway star! You work part time at a ing theatre - peforming for kids!" I shouted.

"Excuse me, Yuri! So you're saying I don't have the potential to be an actress? You said I could be anything I wanted! I can't believe you!" she stood up, kicking the chair behind her and walking to the bedroom. She threw her denim top on the floor, and slammed the door - locking it behind her.

"Crap, you idiot, Yuri." I said to myself. I got up, sliding my chair back into it's place - and I walked to the bedroom.

"Jessica, can you let me in? I'm so sorry. I was just shocked - but I'm happy for you, I really am." I said, knocking on the door. She unlocked it, and I walked in. She was sitting on the floor, her back on the bed. She was crying, and her head buried into her knees. I ran over, and sat next to her - pulling her into my chest.

"Look, Jessica... Where are you going for this broadway show?" I whispered into her hair. She sighed.

"Seoul." she said, crying again. I gasped. Seoul? That was ages away! She'd had to move there.

"H-Have you packed?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Can you help me, Yuri-ah?" she asked, smiling up at me. I grinned.

"Not before we make up," I smirked, lifting her up and throwing her onto the bed.