Chapter 9

Wooyoung... gone?

 

     Taec stares at the face. The face that is attached to a very still body. Covered with only a thin white cloth on the tray. The face that he has become accustomed to see everyday for the last 5 years. The face which had once used to be filled with so much brightness. Eyes which used to sparkle whenever something excites him. The thin lips that used to reveal a set of pearly white teeth when the boy smiles. The cheeks.. the once chubby cheeks which the boy has claimed to be full of poison.

 

So it really is him.

 

And as he closed his eyes, he can feel each bit of his sanity slowly seeping out with his tears.

 

How can this be true?!

 

     Images of Jang wooyoung filled his mind. Images of when this bestfriend is very much alive. The sound of his voice. His laughter. The way he jokes around. The way he smiles. When he cries. When he’s angry. When he’s annoyed. When he’s being annoying. He compares it all to the face that he had seen just now. The still, emotionless face.

 

     That face may belong to his bestfriend, but he is unlike the bestfriend that Taec used to know. He is so still. And lifeless. He seems so..distant. so distant from the wooyoungie that he used to see everyday.

 

Where is he? Where is the real Wooyoungie? Where could he have gone to?

 

Will this really be the last that Taec will ever see of him?

 

     All this while he had managed to stay calm. From the moment he heard of the news. To the moment they stepped into the morgue. He had managed to keep himself in check. Cause he wasn’t truly convince back then. Something.. some sort of miracle just had to happen. It was too impossible. Too out of this world to even think of..that Wooyoung is gone.

 

But he really is gone now, isn’t he?

 

     And as Taec grips the now cold hand of his lifeless friend, he cries. He painfully cries his heart out. He didn’t even care of his surrounding anymore. Couldn’t even care. All thought of the others vanished from his mind except for the boy that is lying in front of him. And the truth. The truth which had hit him raw like a slap on the face. The truth which serves as a painful wake up call.

 

Wooyoungie.. how could you leave so suddenly..?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

     The moment they stepped out of the van, everything else came as a blur. He could only remember the hug his mom gave him as soon as they enter. The rest of the details he couldn’t quite recall. Not when his mind is only focused on one thing. And that thing.. that person, is lying right in front of him now. Confronted with the truth, he has finally lost it again.

 

Nevermind the fact that he looks like a lunatic.

 

Nevermind the fact that he’s causing a ruckus

 

Nevermind that the rest are all trying to pry him away from Wooyoung.. no

 

They can’t do that. He wont let them

 

He will never let go

 

He will never stop asking his bestfriend to wake up

 

He knows that somewhere, Wooyoung has to be listening to him right now

 

Crying his eyes out for the boy to come back

 

Wooyoung wont disappoint him.

 

He will come back for his Khun hyung. Khun is sure of that

 

The boy loves him just as much. he hated it when Khun is sad

 

He will come back wont he?

 

     Khun couldn’t even recognize the hands that are pulling him away from the body. He couldn’t care less. His mind was preoccupied with the body he’s hugging. Trying to revive the lifeless body.  Everytime they manage to pry him off, he struggles hard and manage to clutch at the still lying body again. To the point that they gave up and let him once again hugged the body with all his might. Crying for the boy to wake up.

 

     Looking at the emotional scene, eventhough it scared them that khun was acting out of character, they didn’t have the heart to separate him from wooyoung anymore. The many fruitless attempts just now was only out of concern for Khun seeing how hard he broke down. Afraid that he’s gonna passed out out of exhaustion. But seeing as how the latter haven’t given up, they have come to realize that that might be the only way he would let go. That, or when he has finally come to the realization that he is asking for the impossible.

 

     And further back standing behind him, his parents hugged each other after they had failed to pull him away. Silently weeping for the misery that their son had to go through. But they convinced each other that he’s going to be alright. That it is natural for Khun to act in such a way given the circumstances, and he’s going to be fine later on. For khun is a sensible man. No matter how long it takes, he will regain his senses back.

 

Please come back Wooyoung ah…

 

Even just for a while

 

Please..

 

Don’t leave me yet please.

 

Hyung cant bear to let you go..

 

Wooyoungie.. please..

 

Please don’t go..

 

      And that is the last thought in his mind before his consciousness left him. With his head on Wooyoung’s chest, and a face stained with tears,

Khun, has finally passed out.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

He’s right behind that door. 

 

     Junho feels his body tensing. Beads of cold sweats has started to form on his forehead. Honestly, he couldn’t bear to walk through the door. He’s afraid.. afraid that this whole nightmare is actually real.. that when he sees it for real,  he’ll break down again. That the image will haunt him.That if he walks through the door, that’ll be the last time he will ever see him, and he just couldn’t bear the thought. he’s just not ready not say goodbye.

 

come on  junho yah..be strong.. ” junho tries to catch the tears that he had spilled as he felt his body being enveloped by a stronger one. The said person lightly patted his back repeatedly. Trying with no avail, to soothe him out of the crying mess that he is.

 

The fact that he could hear the sounds of anguish cries of the others behind the other side of the door doesn’t help either. 

 

“Wooyoung ah… wake up wooyoung ahh..”

 

khun hyung’s voice..

 

So it really is him…

 

      Without realizing it, his legs had given in as he slides to the cold tiled floor. Hugging his body to himself as he continues to drown in tears. It wasn’t long before he hears the halting sounds of a footstep right in front of him.

 

son..”  realizing that the said voice belonged to his mom, Junho looked up to see his mom smiling warmly at him through a tear-streaked face.  And the next thing he knew, he was in her embrace as she silently listens to his cries, softly patting his back. If he was crying hard before, it was nothing compared to how he is then, in his mom’s embrace as he release all the pent-up frustrations and longing that he felt at the moment.

 

     Wooyoung, his bestfriend, his brother.. he’s really gone. He has really left them. Behind that door lies only the physical part of the person he had once known as Jang Wooyoung. The thought hurts so bad. Where is he now? Why did he leave them so suddenly?

 

     He misses the guy so much. he feels the need to talk to him. To persuade him not to leave them yet. To tell him how much he loves him. And how much he misses him. His heart is aching with longing.

 

     Flashbacks of his bestfriend filled his mind. His bestfriend who had become a big part of his life. Someone who had always been there for him. he wasn’t just a bestfriend anymore, he’s a family. His twin brother at heart.

 

     How can life be the same after this? How is he going to live through the days afterwards knowing that his bestfriend, whom he felt as if he had known for all his life, is no longer there with him..? sure, the rest are still here with him. but they, they too, will never be the same again. his brothers.. when they said that they are going to be brothers till the end, not one of them has ever actually imagined of the end. Certainly not Junho. especially not this kind of end. He had always imagined them to be together forever, even when 2pm has disbanded. Not together as in living together. But together, as in when they lead different lives later on, they will always be brothers and would be there for each other.

 

     But this kind of end… it changes his perspectives on life. Because suddenly, life may not turn out as they planned it to be. That there’s a big intervention in life. the cruelest intervention which puts all hard work and plannings to waste. For this intervention might catch you unaware.  And that intervention is Death.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I am sorry for the long wait guyss! i had to focus on my studies cause i was really lacking in it and finals were coming and all. but now that ive passed, ive got a longgg holiday! well around 2 months or so. Basically, im back to writing! so yeah.. enjoy! :) ohhh! And please comment guys! I love reading comments. Makes me happy. So okay :)