Chapter 4

Wooyoung... gone?


------FLASHBACK (An hour earlier)------

The chorus of Back2u suddenly broke the silence of the car, startling Minjae who was trying to steal a few doze..Annoyed, he reached for his phone in his pocket and instantly recognize the little mail displayed..


 

“From : Jinyoung-hyung

Meet me at the building asap”

 

 


After rereading the text for the second time, Minjae groaned.. He was planning on getting some rest today since the boys don’t have any schedules.. With the exception of Khun and Junsu who have to attend photoshoots.. And Woo, whom, by now, should be on his way to japan..


"Haish! What is it that Jinyoung-hyung wants anyway?! He could've just told me by phone.." Minjae muttered to himself. Bugged as hell that he's deprived of his day off.


It’s not common for Jy hyung to directly call Minjae to the office.. unless it’s with the boys as well.. discussing about whatever it is that they need to discuss.. And isn’t he suppose to be in America right now..? Sighing.. Minjae informs the company’s driver to head to the main building before succumbing to his previous needs..


_________________________________________________________________________________________________



As always, the JYP headquarters is always full of people bustling around.. Minjae spotted Namyoung hyung in front of the lift and smiled to himself.. Probably called too..


“Hyung! Any class to teach today?” Minjae cheerfully slapped the older man’s back..


“Oh Minjae… you startled me.. Naw.. Jy-hyung texted me to come..”


“Oh? You too? I wonder who else did he called.. “ Namyoung shrugged his shoulder in answer to the question, entering the lift..


“gahh.. im seriously tire out..You’re lucky that you’re not their manager hyung.. Their schedules are scary as hell..”


“yahh! You don’t think im tired as well? When the boys get a free day off, I have to teach a class full of sweaty trainees all day.. stop complaining will ya?” Namyoung retorts..shoving Minjae’s slumped shoulder off of the wall..


“but really.. what’s so important that he had to directly summoned us to his office..?”

_____________________________________________________________________________________


"Bu..bu..but...but..." Namyoung stuttered..


“And once again, I’m sorry that I had to make you guys do this.. But the both of you are closer to them than I’ll ever be.. I know that it’s going to be hard.. Especially on you Minjae.. but they need to be informed of this news quickly.. Cause I’d rather that they hear it from us than the media or any social networks.. And the news are gonna be out soon.. Even if I had persuaded them to keep it quiet for a day or two. But… you know how these media works. Especially with a news as… as big..and devastating as this. I’m sorry..”  Jy apologetically said before leaving the office.. his voice, shaky..His eyes, b red..


The two could only stare at the latter’s back as he walked away . A sense of disbelieveness washes over them. Both wearing the same expressions.. stone-faced. The news.. it’s.. too surreal. Too..impossible..


Woo’s plane…. had crashed?


Their Wooyoungie… was involved in a… plane crash??


But…..but Minjae had just sent him off at the airport this morning! Not more than three hours back..  and here he is, having been told that the boy he sent this morning, he.. won’t ever get to see that boy again..? that this morning, was gonna be the last time he’ll ever see jang wooyoung??


Almost at the same time that Namyoung frustratedly punched the desk, Minjae could feel his legs giving in on him. He slummed onto the floor.. Tears were suddenly coursing down his cheeks.. Fast, but silent tears as he unblinkingly stares ahead.


He knows that it must be true. That Jinyoung hyung wouldn’t lie about something as this. Heck, why would he even lie..? More so, to Minjae and Namyoung hyung. But somewhere at the back of his mind, and tugging at his heart, he just couldn’t fathom the reality of what their boss had just said.. he knows that it’s true.. but he still couldn’t feel the entirety of the truth yet.  Like, a part of him is still resisting to believe in the truth.


Youngie…you..you left us…? wh..why?


That thought that suddenly sprang to his mind shocked him. So preoccupied was he with the thought, that he didn’t even realize that his body had started to shook heavily with tears. That his head had bowed almost entirely to the floor.


“hush minjae.. we have to be strong for them.. ” Namyoung whispered.. patting Minjae slowly at the back. His voice obviously strained.


“………”


“come on.. there isn’t much time left before the news come out.. think of the boys Minjae.. please be strong..”


“…….”


“ I understand.. im feeling the same thing.. but… we.. we  cant afford to dwell in tears yet.. The boys need to know..” Namyoung tried again. This time, successfully as he dragged Minjae out of the office along with him.


The task given to them is indeed hard. But for the sake of their boys, they’ll be strong.. their walk to the car was filled with silence.. a million thoughts running through their minds..


how?  Why? What’ll happen to the others? How are the they gonna accept the news? What about his family? Have they heard of the news? The public? His fans? And…wooyoung.. he..

 

 

 

He’s never gonna come..back?? ….. ever??



Namyoung squeezes Minjae’s shoulder before heading inside his car.. off to head to the 2am’s dorm.. Minjae rubs his tears before taking a deep breath and enters his van. He prays a silent prayer before turning on the ignition and speeds off to the 2pm’s dorm. May God helped him.


-----------END FLASHBACK---------------