Chapter 7

Wooyoung... gone?

Yoboseyo?”

 

………………….

 

“Yoboseyo? Hello?”

 

………………..

 

*sigh* “Just speak up Taec.. I know it’s you.”

 

“….how’d u know it was me?”

 

“The same way you’d have my number..”

 

“I should’ve figured.. “ *chuckles*.

 

“….yeah..”

 

“Err.. So how’s it been bro?”

 

“Taec. Just get straight to the point. Is there any specific reason you decided to call me now after all these time? Cause the coincidences are freaking me out.”

 

“Coincidences? Wait…you’ve heard?”

 

“What do you mean ive heard?!  Its not true is it?”

 

……..

 

“Cmon man. Spill. What happened? Somethings not right is it? The fans decided to spread ugly rumours about you guys. That’s just it right? Cause I gotta say, they’re making it sound damn like the truth right now.”

 

…………..

 

“Taec..? “

 

……………..

 

“Oh for god’s sakes, where’s woo taec? Just please pass the phone to him..”

 

“Jay.. i..”

 

“Please tell me that it was just a cruel joke made by the crazy fans.. pass the phone to woo taec! I want to talk to him..he’s there with you right? He’s there with you guys now right?”

 

“..no.. he’s not here with us..we wish he was here as well..  we really..do”

 

“Ok calm down man.. are.. are you crying? Wh…why?”

 

“Jay its true. Woo.. woo’s gone.. Im sorry..”

 

“……..thats not funny Taec. Cmon… pass the phone to him. I haven’t talk to him for so long.. please….”

 

“Im sorry jay.. we.. we’re really sorry..”

 

………

 

“Jay?”

 

“Bastards.”

 

     The phone clicked as the guy on the other side hung up. Taec once again sighed in frustrations for about the millionth time that day.

 

 

To : Park Jaebeom

We’re heading to the hospital tonight. You’re welcome too if you want to talk to him for the last time. I’d bet my life that wherever he is, he’d be happy to see you came for him. He misses you too. Always had been. And once again, I’m really sorry man. Actually, please come... at least for his sake.

 

 

 

     When he pressed send, taec never thought that he would get a reply. That is, till the phone beeped few minutes later, not once, but twice. Making him smile for the first time that day when he read the reply.

 

 

From : Park Jaebeom

Which hospital? What time?

 

 

From : Park Jaebeom

Im at fault too. Thanks for calling man.

 

 

     Maybe there is hope for them after all..

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“yah chansung! Stop pulling on my cheeks you idiot!!” yelled woo out of frustrations when Chansung decided to jump onto his back. Stucking himself onto woo like a leach. Laughing crazily like the crazy idiot he is.

 

“This is what you get for disobeying my wants.. “

 

“I was just joking for god’s sakes. Of course I’ll buy the snack! “

 

“jinjja? Oh yeahh!.”

 

“Now Just. GTFO!!”

 

“fine. But you’re still fun to tease”


 

“yahhh!!” woo yelled before taking revenge by ambushing chansung with a bunch of pillows. Causing quite a ruckus when channie tried to dodge and ran all around the living room. Which, by the way,  was quite small. And quite unfit for a man his size to be running around without making too much noise. They were both too caught up in the moment when suddenly the sound of a slamming door was heard and both stood frozen at the spot.

 

“” muttered channie as they both heard footsteps coming closer.

 

“you started this” woo lightly whispered. Looking somewhat nervous as well.

 

     They were both standing side by side like two little kids waiting to be scolded when Khun suddenly appeared looking all bothered. And angry. Very angry.

 

“SERIOUSLY GUYS!! HOW OLD ARE YOU TWO ANYWAY TO BE PLAYING CATCH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!”

 

“sorry hyung….” Woo muttered. Slightly nudging Chansung’s elbow to make the maknae apologize too

 

“yeah hyung.. sorry.. “

 

“You guys should be! Unlike you Channie, I have a schedule tomorrow. And so does woo. Right?”

 

“yeah. Ive a flight to catch in the morning”

 

“funny that you realized about that yet you’re still able to run around. Seriously woo. Go get some sleep” Khun exhaled before walking away to his room.

 

“ne hyung~~ Goodnight!” yelled Woo as he gains back some courage after Khun has left. Sighing, he turned back to the maknae who was suddenly grinning mischieviously.

 

“remind me again why you’re so hyper and acting all gay tonight”

 

“gay..? that actually hurts..” channie mocked while his fist his shirt in the position overlying his heart

 

     Woo rolled his eyes and decided to ignore the younger guy. He went to propped some pillows on the couch before lying down on it and making himself comfortable for sleep.

 

“I don’t even know why you bother to lie on the couch. We both know you’d end up falling off of it in the morning”

 

“more like you’d pulled my leg in your sleep and caused me to fall” woo retorts back.

 

Channie just smiled as he went to switch off the lights. Woo’s always so touchy.

 

“night Woo! Good luck for your shooting in japan tomorrow. Make sure you use the pick up lines we taught you on IU kay?” chansung chuckles when Woo threw another pillow at him.

 

“night too Channie. See you in two more days”

 

     And that was the last words Woo ever said to him before they both drifted off to sleep.

 

See you in two more days

 

     Damn right he’s gonna see woo again after two days. But he didn’t expect it to be in that circumstances. And he sure as hell didn’t expect that meeting to be their last farewell. He regrets not getting up in that morning to send Woo off. And hug him. And told him how much he loves that smaller but older guy. But then again, he had never done that before, so how would he know that that morning’s gonna be a different one.

 

See you in two more days..

 

     As they made their way to the hospital, Chansung gazes outside of the window. His mind kept on replaying every single scene that he has with Woo. To the first time they met, on how Woo seems to give off an unfriendly vibe, to them finally becoming friends. Their years of being trainees together, with Jaybeom as well. Seven of them.

 

     To the day they debuted. How they were all so nervous and gave each other supports before going on stage.

 

     To how they cried together when criticized harshly by jinyoung hyung. Especially Channie since he couldn’t sing all that well in the start, but Woo and the rest stood by him. And that was how he managed to pull through.

 

     And again, the hardships they suffered together when Jay left and fans suddenly became anti-fans. He could still remember the talks he and Woo had at nights during those moments. It had almost become a daily routine for them. Woo was especially vulnerable at the time. Chansung had become accustomed to comfort him when Khun wasn’t there, or simply, anytime the boy needs it.

 

     It was the same for Chansung too. Woo would comfort him when the boy needed support. He was always considered as being the least talented in the group. He has heard it often enough to not be affected by it anymore. But back then, when it did get into his head, Woo was always there to listen and console him during their regular talks at night.

 

     Even if Wooyoung was slightly older than him, they both treated each other like same age friends. He had always considered wooyoung to be in the same age group as him and junho. And woo didn’t bother to treat him otherwise either. Hence why sometimes, due to his bigger build, he would consider himself more mature and treats woo like a child. That, because Woo’s so cute in his eyes.

 

     They could always talk to each other about everything. And due to them bunking together at the living room, they would exchanged stories almost everyday before going to sleep. Or simply, just watch movies or play video games. Often, with the rest of the members as well. He had become so used to being able to talk to woo every night, that the last few nights had become torture for him.

 

     How would he be able to survive knowing that he wont be able to talk to woo anymore. That woo wont be there for him when he needs support after a rough day. That every other night from then on, he would be sleeping alone in the living room. Woo wont be there right next to him like he usually does. Nagging him to wake up or clean the mess in the living room. Become his partner in crime to gang up on Junsu or taec. Make him laugh by whining about his cheeks being abused or by his witty remarks on just about anything. It feels so… surreal. He can still remember Woo’s smiling face vividly. Or the smell of his back when they slept next to each other. Or the feeling of waking up to find that they both had somewhat become tangled with each other, and both woke up in screams later on.

 

Woo’s laugh when channie did something stupid. His smile..

 

"Channie..Chan.."

 

     Following the sensation of tears streaming down his cheeks, a hand suddenly shook his shoulder. It wasn’t till he opened his eyes did he realize that he had fallen asleep. And had been crying in his sleep. He glanced to his side to see Khun staring at him with a worried look on his face for a few seconds before softly informing..

 

“we’re here.”

 

See you in two more days

 

It has been two days..

 

Im coming to see you Youngie...

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

So guys.. please comment again :) i got really excited reading previous chapter's comments that i couldnt wait to update again. lol. and were you guys being serious when you said that you cried?? really? that's just wow. lol.. anyways. hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much ^^