| Chapter 7 |

Ordinary Day [Temporary Hiatus]

A little over a week later, Chanyeol contacted me again. 

Bzzzz 

Minhee, Nana, and I stifled our laughter and looked at the vibrating device. I took it in my hand and unlocked it. 

From: Giant Puppy
Received: 14:10

Hey! Are u free? 
I thought I cou--

Suddenly the phone was snatched from my hands. The culprit, Minhee, stood up and barricaded herself against the glass. 

"Hey! Give me that! YAH!" 

Instead of helping me, Nana childishly held me against the chair. I sighed, curse my tiny, powerless body, I should've taken those Tae Kwon Do lessons my mom offered me. 

"Ooh la la!" said Minhee with a horrible french accent, "So who's this giant puppy that you haven't told us about," she playfully glared at me, "that wants to take you on a date?" 

I shook my head, "Firstly, it's not a date," I half glared at Nana and she let me go, "And secondly, I don't tell you guys when I hang out with Namster or the other girls, do I?" I raised my eyebrows, but Minhee scoffed. 

"Yeah, but they're not guys!" Minhee said, "Well, Nam is, but I'm so sure he's going to come out of the closet one of these days! He doesn't count!"

Nana just nodded alongside, "Plus, this sounds like boyfriend material, Junggie." 

I rubbed my temples, a pink tinge starting to take over my face, "He's not boyfriend material, he's just a friend." 

"Mmhmm," said Minhee, not convinced, "That's why he said, and I quote, 'I found a place I'm sure you'll like', right? 'Cuz he's just a very caring friend?" 

She started to wave around my cellphone, and I took the opportunity to snatch it away. I felt my face hot, and I cursed at the mischeviousness of the maknae. Why can't we have a quiet, gentle maknae like Sohyun? 

"So, who's the guy?" Minhee kept probing. 

"Geesh! Alright!" I huffed, "His name's Chanyeol. He's a guy I met at the park--" I was interrupted by a chorus of Oooooh~s, and I looked pointedly at the two, "Anyways, he's a guy that I met at the park and he cheered me up, as weird as it sounds. He introduced me to his friends and ever since we've kept in touch." 

Nana shaped in an 'o', "So, that's the guy you told me about, right?" 

I nodded, and Minhee widened her eyes, "What?! How come you didn't tell me about it?" she pouted. 

"You happened to be in Couple La La Land, and all you ever heard was Changseob this, Changseob that. Remember?" 

The maknae pinked and I continued, "And they're not dates, he just likes to go to parks. We sometimes meet up, that's all." 

"So you guys have gone out often then?" Nana pointed out, and Minhee giggled, mouthing a gotcha!

"...Yeah, we have, but--"

"So that's why he wants to make it up to you, right? Something happened on your last date?"

I fumed, "It's not a date, for God's sake!" Minhee shrugged, "And yeah, he had to go do something for his mom, I think."

"Well, he doesn't seem the bad type, if he introduced you to his friends already." Nana said, and then Minhee snorted, "Yeah, and if he ditched you for his mom, he's a goody-two-shoes. You guys are a perfect match."

I decided to ignore the maknae for a while, and turned to Nana, "He's not, he's really caring. But really, he's just a friend." Nana still refused to believe me fully, and held out her hand. I looked at it confused. 

"Let me read the text," she said simply. I set the unlocked phone on her hand and she focused on it. The table suddenly went quiet. 

"Well," Nana started, "He sounds an awful lot like a boyfriend. I mean, he says he found a 'cute spot' that you might like," she looked up, "and that he's hoping you'll forgive him. I think I officially approve of you guys."

While Minhee cheered, I facepalmed. Nana and the maknae both started searching for a couple name, and decided on 'Jungyeol'. 

"I'm not a fictional idol gay couple, so stop it!" I hissed at them. I wasn't so much angry at them as I was embarrased, and I felt like at any moment, my cheeks would melt from the heat. 

They giggled, but eventually stopped. Eventually, we moved onto different topics, until Minhee got a call from her boyfriend. 

"Well, girls, we're still on for this sunday right?" Minhee asked, as she gathered her things and handed back the plates, "My chubby bunny is calling for me, later~!"

She waved, and so did we. As Nana and I left the small coffee shop, we stayed silent. Suddenly, she spoke up. 

"Hey, you didn't reply to loverboy, did you?" she asked. 

It took me a while to process it untill...

"AAAAAAAH! Oh my gosh, I forgot! Aigoo! He's gonna think I hate him!" I panicked, quickly getting my phone out and texting a reply. To my left, I didn't notice a certain tall, hazel-haired girl that smiled and shook her head. 

"And you say he's only a good friend, huh?" Nana softly spoke. I unconsciously tuned her out. 

To: Giant Puppy
Sent: 15:28

Sorry I didn't reply!1 of my friends took my phone >o<
We can meet up one of these days, except 4 sunday 'kay?
And it better be a fun place! I don't wanna keep on staring
at the clouds TT^TT