| Chapter 6 |

Ordinary Day [Temporary Hiatus]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

"Lotte World? Really?" I asked Chanyeol. 
 
He had texted me earlier to meet up with him in a park that was near my new studio apartment. I guessed he wanted to hang out again, but he surprised me with Lotte World tickets. 
 
"Yeah, what's wrong with that? Lotte World is fun! I love the rides!" his broad smile felt like a car's headlight, and he beamed angelically while shaking my arms. He, I noticed as we began spending more time together, was a skinship monster. I didn't mind too much, but sometimes it would feel awkward for me. I blushed. 
 
Isn't that a couple's date spot though? I thought to myself, but shook the thought away. I smiled at the beaming giant, and replied, "Okay, let's go then. But I'm not getting on the Giant Loop! That's freaking scary!"
 
Chanyeol just grabbed my hand and led me to the bus, grinning. 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 
"How about we go on that and we decide what rides we should get on first?" Chanyeol asked, pointing to the monorail that went around the park, "Unless you're afraid of heights." he said, poking his tongue out. I slapped his arms. 
 
 
"Fine. Let's go. But I get to pick the first ride we go on then!"
 
"Alright!" 
 
We made a bee line to the queue, and waited for around five minutes until we could get on. We sat in the far back of the mini-train, and pointed at the things that looked fun or not. 
 
As we approached the Giant Loop, Chanyeol pointed and wiggled his eyebrows. 
 
"Nope," I said, knowing his exact thoughts. He pouted. 
 
"Aww, come on! It's a fun ride. You've gotta get past your fears, you know? At least get on it once." 

I crossed my arms, "No!" I stubbornly replied. That thing was scary! I could do roller coasters that had one or two loops, but going on a never-ending loop? I'd die of a heart attack! 
We got off the ride, and headed towards a new destination: the Desperados, the ride I'd chosen. It was my and Minhee's favorite whenever we came to Lotte World, and I never got bored of it. 

Chanyeol raised his brows at me. "Really?" I nodded happily, and skipped towards the queue. 

"Minhee and I love it! We always come here," I said, remembering the times Minhee and I got really into the movie and acted out our part very seriously, "Although Nana always gets embarrased of us and waits outside." 

We sat on the horses - which were the seats of the I-Max theater - and waited for the room to be filled. Chanyeol took the that was attached to it, and looked at it with brows furrowed. I nudged him with my arms, and he looked up at me. I held my gun pointing at him, and pretended to shoot it, mouthing bam! He cracked a smile and held his heart mouthing an ouch, although his grin made his re-enactment very unconvincing. 

The ride started, and Chanyeol and I had a blast. We talked back to the voice of the film, pretended that we were really shooting and doing our mission, and everything. A couple of kids saw us and cheered for us. "Yeah noona!" and "Hyung's the best! He's got a good aim!". By the time we left it, we were holding our stomachs from the laughter. 

"Those kids were so adorable, don't you think?" Chanyeol said after we'd both calmed down. We were walking towards the ride he'd chosen, the French Revolution. I nodded.

"Yeah," I smiled, my cheeks hurting from smiling for so long, but I couldn't help it, "Specially that boy that came up to us to shake our hand. He was so adorable!"

The line was longer, so we talked for a while more. We were waiting for one ride to be over, and then it would be our turn. 

"How come you're not afraid of this ride, but you are of the Giant Loop?" he asked while we sat and buckled up. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb6Ni8kKYULihNvcFLTwc

I shrugged my shoulders, "I feel like I'm going to fall out of the seat in the Giant Loop. At least this one doesn't stay completely upside down all the time." 

Chanyeol nodded at my answer, and the ride begun. We screamed as we fell, and let our arms out to enjoy the ride even more. As we got off, I felt slightly dizzy. Chanyeol put his hands on my shoulders to steady me, "Whoa there, are you okay?" 

"Mmhmm," I nodded, but he shook his head and muttered stubborn. He led me to the eating area and sat me down. "Stay here. Don't move." I obediently nodded. 

He came back with two milkshakes and a chocolate covered pretzel. He put the pretzel and pink milkshake in front of me, while he sipped his orange milkshake. "Eat." he said. 

I looked at the plate, then at him. "You expect me to eat then get on other rides ? Do you want me to puke?"

Chanyeol shook his head, "We'll go on lighter rides for a while then we can do whatever you want, okay?" 

I sighed, I could hear a tone of finality in his voice, so I just nodded and broke the pretzel in half. I gave one half to him, and began munching the other one. He raised his eyebrow at me, and I looked innocently at him, "What? I can't finish this all by myself! I already have breakfast, you know?"

He nodded, and took a big bite off the treat. He immediately smiled, and nodded. "It's good." I nodded to him as well, and we ate in silence. 

 

 

After we finished, we walked around the park looking for another ride we could get on. "How about that one ? We could try it,"  Chanyeol said, pointing to the Happy Picnic. 

I looked at him stonely. "Chanyeol... That's a kid's ride, you know? And your height would make it pretty hard to convince them that you're a kid, no offence. "

He pouted, "That's not fair. I wanna get on that." I laughed at his childishness, and dragged him towards another ride. I pointed to the Fantastic Odyssey, and we lined up. "We can kill some time here, alright?" 

 

We sat through the whole one-hour show, although it was a bit tedious, and we exited. 

"So," Chanyeol began, "It's my turn now, right?" I nodded. 

He decided to go on Jungle Adventure, and then I chose to get onto the Pharaoh's Fury.

                                         

 

The day was coming to an end, and we decided to go have dinner at the food court, buying a pizza that we would share. 

"Want a pepperoni pizza? Those are the best ones, seriously," I said. When I got no answer, I looked behind me. Chanyeol was looking back, and he was holding his hand against his ribs, "You alright there, Chanyeol?"

He was startled, and immediately looked back, flashing me a smile, "Oh, it's nothing, I was just thinking about something," I looked pointedly at his hands, and he dropped it, "What? I'm hungry, okay? Going on so many rides gives you an appetite." 

I was tempted to reply that no ride would make his stomach jump up that high, but I held my tongue. We paid for the pizza, and sat at a nearby bench. Chanyeol took one slice, and slowly ate it. He squirmed uncomfortably in his seat, although it was minimum. He suddenly stood up, and said, "I'll be right back."

He left, and I looked at his departing figure. The bathroom, perhaps? I thought. I shrugged, and continued to eat my pizza for a while. When I was on my third slice, I was starting to get worried. Coincidentally, my phone suddenly buzzed. 

Received: 19:21
From: Giant Puppy

Hey, my mom called me 
and I had to go back, sorry
for ditching you, 
I'll make it up 2 you, promise. 

I looked at the text blankly. The heck? I couldn't help but feel slightly worried, I hoped that he wouldn't get in trouble because of me or anything. A small part of me, however, felt something was out of place. I shrugged it off, asked for one of the workers of the pizza place to wrap the rest of the pizza to go, and left for the bus stop alone. 

Sent: 19:38
To: Giant Puppy

It's okay, hope everything's 
okay
and yeah, u better make it
up to me ;P