| Chapter 10 |

Ordinary Day [Temporary Hiatus]

~

From: Giant Puppy
Received: 18:58

Hey wanna hang out? D.O's doing
his dinner party 2nite, I'll take 
u if u want ;D 

~
 

I stared at my phone. Ever since that conversation with Nana and Minhee, I had been somewhat tormented by the subject. I unconsciously bit my lip and brushed my fingers over the lean surface of my smartphone. I can't bail on the guys, though, that'd be rude. I promised Kyungsoo... Aish!

 

~

To: Giant Puppy
Sent: 19:23

Yeah sure ! ^^ I haven't seen
the guys for a while.. Where 
do we meet? 

~

 

I quickly gathered a simple outfit consisting of a brown skirt and a white flower-printed shirt, taking with me a maroon cardigan in case it got windy or chilly. I left my house and went to a nearby store to buy Kyungsoo and the guys a somewhat small cake, not wanting to arrive empty-handed. 

I chose a praline desert, which looked yummy and probably had chocolate and some types of nuts. I hoped that the guys weren't allergic and quickly paid for the treat. 

As I handed the money, my phone buzzed. I checked it, and it was Chanyeol telling me to meet him in the park near my apartment. As the worker handed me the box, I thanked her and quickly left. 

"Hey," said Chanyeol as I reached him, "You look pretty. Come on, the guys have been dying to see you. They say I keep you to myself all the time," he winked, and I laughed. 

"Well, it's not exactly a lie, is it?" I said, and he pouted. 

"What, am I not fun?" he started doing aegyo, which had me almost dropping the cake. Chanyeol finally noticed the small package, "What's that?" he straightened up. 

"It's a secret," I said, and winked at him. We boarded a bus, and quickly sat at an empty double seat. 

~

I was greeted with a cheer from 3 hyperactive boys. 

"Junghee!" 
"HEY JUNGHEE WADDUP?"
"Hey, how- OH MY JESUS IS THAT CAKE?!" 

"Eh, hi boys," I said and waved. I went up to Kyungsoo and handed him the cake, "Here, I brought this for all. I figured that way dessert would be off your back." 

The big-eyed man smiled gratefully at me, "Thanks Junghee," and took the cake to the kitchen. Suddenly Minseok put his arm around my shoulders and lead me to what I guessed was the living room. 

"How have you been? Did Chanyeol kidnap you or something? We never heard from you again!" Minseok pouted, and I laughed. 

Chanyeol went towards us and quickly yanked Minseok's arm off me, "Hands off," he said, "I have my eyes on you." 

Minseok held his palms out, "Hey, bro, no problem. I wouldn't hit on my friend's girl," he said, and winked. 

Chanyeol began arguing with Minseok, and I noticed that Yixing was sitting on the couch. He smiled at me and patted the seat next to him, and I quickly snuck over. 

"Hey," I smiled. 

"Hey, how've you been?" 

I nodded, "Fine, taking advantage of my free time." 

"Yeah, use it wisely while you have it." 

Suddenly, we both burst out laughing. It was so awkward, you could feel it in the air. 

"Oh, god, let's not do that, okay?"

Yixing nodded, "Okay, so really, what have you been up to?" 

"Well, your friend here has shown me about half of Seoul that I didn't know existed," I pointed to Chanyeol, who was still vividly arguing with Minseok, although now it was over a non-returned video game, "And I've been questioned by my friends because of that, too." 

He laughed, "Well, you can't blame 'em, you guys do look like a couple," I blushed, and opened my mouth to retort, but Yixing beat me to it, "I know that you guys aren't, just saying." 

I sighed. "What about you? How are your dance classes? Are you giving the kids a hard time?" 

He pinked, "Heh, I didn't think you'd remember, but yeah," he rubbed his neck, "They're alright, and the kids are pretty good dancers, so I don't have to!" 

I laughed, "I wanna see you dance, you should invite me, you know?" I elbowed his ribs lightly. 

"Will do. As long as you don't start making monkey dances like a certain baozi that I know," I furrowed my eyebrows, what the heck is a baozi?, "Oh, I forget you're not Chinese, we call Minseok a baozi sometimes since that's all he ever ate when we brought him with us to Beijing." 

"Oh," I said, and before we could continue talking, Kyungsoo called us over to eat. 

"Mianhae that I didn't help you, Kyungsoo-oppa, I--" 

He waved his hands and shook his head, "You're a guest, and I would never make a guest as pretty as you have to work," he said, and gave me a handsome smile. Well, that's it, the smooth guy from the group turns out to be Kyungsoo-ssi. 

We ate happily, chatting and fighting for the food -- since a certain baozi kept on stealing treats from each others' plates -- and finished with the cake as a desert. I insisted on helping Kyungsoo with the threat that I wouldn't come over again if he didn't let me, and after adamantly denying it he finally gave in. 

"Wah, this cake looks ama--" Minseok started, but suddenly Chanyeol stood up. We all looked up at him. 

"Chanyeol, what's wro--" 

Before I could finish my sentence, he dashed towards the door and quickly left. I was wide-eyed and completely shocked. What happened? Is he alright?

Baekhyun eventually cleared his throat and spoke, "He, uh, probably had something to do at home. Remember how he's always forgetting stuff, and his mom is scary when he doesn't do as told." 

The guys nodded and we kept on talking. My mind kept on wandering back to what had happened, and I wasn't completely focused on the conversation. 

"Hey, Junghee," Yixing called, and I finally looked up. 

"Yes?" 

"Do you want me to take you home? I'm guessing Chanyeol brought you here, right?" 

I nodded absentmindedly, "Yeah, I forgot.." 

 

I bid my goodbyes to the guys and apologized for being so scattered after Chanyeol, to which they were very understanding and told me it was alright. Before I could leave, Minseok stole my phone, giving me a cheeky smirk, as if to say I've got your number! and hugged me before running back into the apartment. 

"Hey, don't worry," Yixing said after a while of boarding the bus, "He's alright, he'll call you in no time, alright?" 

I nodded, "Yeah, sorry if I'm over-reacting. I'm just worried, I guess.."

"As any reasonable girlfriend would be," I smacked his arm, "Ow, girl you can hit!"

I laughed at his exaggeration, I knew that I wasn't really able to hurt him. As my stop came, I thanked him and told him to get home safely. I walked alone to my apartment, and decided to text Chanyeol before turning in. 

~

To: Giant Puppy
Sent: 22:57

Hey, are you alright oppa? Call
me when you can, and I hope 
everything's alright ^^ 

Fighting!

~