| Chapter 5 |

Ordinary Day [Temporary Hiatus]

After the fateful meeting in the bus, Chanyeol and I texted often. We had arranged to meet in a certain coffee place that he said was delicious, and I would be seeing the EXO boys as well as Baekhyun and the Giant Puppy. He sent me the directions from the Exit 9 in Hongdae up to the cafe, which he told me had a small angel sign outside and was called Into Your World. I thought it was cute. 

"Hey Junghee! Sit here!" Chanyeol patted the seat next to him. I smiled and walked towards him, waving slightly to the rest of the boys. Yixing gave me a charming smile, while Xiumin grinned at me, but Baekhyun was looking intently at his phone. Kyungsoo, I noticed, was too engrossed in his Supreme Chocolate Cake to be bothered, but when he finally noticed me, he gave me a quick grin before continuing to devour the treat. 

"So, how have you been?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Good. I finished moving in a while ago, and my parents left the country for a second honeymoon," I dramatically shuddered, and Chanyeol let out a laugh, "so now I'm a free spirit.. 'till college starts. What about  you guys?"

"Well, I'm currently working part-time in a dance studio as a teacher," Yixing said, his cheeks pinking, "but other than that, just passing the time until next semester starts."

I looked at him surprised. He looked so gentle and suave, I thought for sure he'd be more of a composer or reader than a dancer. "So you dance? Wow! Are you good?" Chanyeol pushed my shoulder softly, "Pabo! You don't ask someone if they're good."

Kyungsoo nodded, "But Yixing's really good. He's really hard-working. You should come watch him with us."

Lay only grew redder, "Guys, I've told you to stop coming, it's bor--"

"It's amazing! He teaches a bunch of cute girls, too! Aish! So lucky." Minseok burst out, and we all laughed. 

"Oh, Minseok, didn't you say that you were tutoring this cute chick the other day?" Baekhyun said, and Minseok immediately grinned, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"Yeah, a cutie for sure, but she's too ditzy. I don't understand how she even managed to get into accounting when she at math," Minseok said, but then Yixing, who happened to be sitting next to him, slapped his arm, "Aish! Why are you hitting your hyung, dude!"

Yixing scoffed, "Gege or not, you really shouldn't insult someone like that," Minseok pouted but said nothing. 

"Well, you guys should come over to my house sometime soon," Kyungsoo said suddenly, and I tilted my head in confusion, "the kitchen just got renovated, my mother brought another cooking book from her trip and I've been dying to try to cook something new." 

My lips formed an 'O' shape yet again, "You like to cook?" 

Kyungsoo nodded, smiling proudly, "I make the best jjamppong in the group!" he boasted proudly. I smiled at him, "I love jjamppong! I wanna try it!" 

"Sure! Come have dinner with us this week!"

Suddenly, Baekhyun got up and went towards the counter. I wasn't sure, but I felt like he was purposely ignoring me. I squirmed uncomfortably, but Chanyeol gripped my arm comfortingly. He got up and followed Baekhyun, while the rest stayed with me. 

"Is... everything okay with Chanyeol and Baekhyun?" 

The guys looked at each other, but it was Yixing that spoke first, "You could say it's normal, they argue every once in a while. Don't worry about it too much." 

I nodded, but he was the only one to keep an actual poker face. Minseok's face betrayed worry, while Kyungsoo's big eyes portrayed the same emotion. I thought at first that it had to do with our first meeting, but then again, when we met at the park he didn't seem to be mad at me. Smoke was probably puffing out of my ears from thinking since a cake floating in front of me woke me from my reverie. 

"Here's your cake. We hadn't ordered you one yet." Chanyeol said, and put the plate in front of me. It was a fresière (left upper corner), and my mouth watered at the sight. I was a strawberry lover, and I gaped at Chanyeol, "How did you know I love strawberries?" 

Chanyeol grinned, "I didn't, I just took what I liked. Here," he gave me a spoon, and sat next to me, another spoon in his hand. He turned to me and smiled sweetly, "Dig in!" 

I was tempted to gape at him, but the cake was calling my name and I couldn't resist (food will be the death of me, I swear...). Minseok not-so-discretely coughed 'love birds', and Yixing yet again hit his arm. They started arguing, and Kyungsoo just laughed and made witty remarks as Chanyeol and I devoured the cake. I couldn't help but remember that Disney movie where the two dogs are eating spaghetti and end up kissing. I pinked slightly, and cursed silently since Chanyeol took advantage of my trance to take more cake. 

The rest of the evening was full of more laughter, another cake thanks to Yixing and Minseok ("Chan! You ate her cake, that's not fair! Go buy her another one!"), and the never-ending teasing on the guys' part. 

Baekhyun, however, shined in his absence. 

 

 

Chanyeol and I spent more time together. He took me out to a couple of hidden places that he thought I should know about. He showed me a restaurant that served a delicious (albeit extremely, extremely spicy) jjamppong, to which he made me promise "Don't ever tell Kyungsoo we came here. He hates the fact that they make a better jjamppong than him."

He knew of so many parks I lost count of how many places we had visited after the first week. He told me he loved nature, watching the sky, and the scenery; he wanted to be a painter, but he couldn't pursue that career. He didn't dive into details, but I guessed his parents were against it. 

"So, have you figured out what you really wanted to do, Junghee?" after getting ice cream in the park he'd taken me to, Chanyeol suddenly asked. I just shrugged my shoulders and stuck more ice cream into my mouth. 

"I think I'm happy with what I have. I'm not a comformist, but I think that right now I'm doing the best that I can for a good future. Don't you think?" 

Chanyeol looked thoughtful for a moment, then he nodded, "Yeah. I agree. Hey, look, ducks! Let's go take a picture with them!" He grabbed my hand excitedly, and almost made me drop my ice cream. 

"Won't they run aw--AAY CHANYEOL!" he suddenly pulled me into a spring, laughing. 

"Then let's chase them!" 

"Wha... CHANYEOL!"

He suddenly stopped and turned around, beaming angelically at me. I pointed to the floor, and pouted. 

"You made me drop my ice cream!" He chuckled, and ruffled my hair. 

"Aigoo.. Fine. I'll get you another ice-- LOOK IT'S A SQUIRREL! COME ON!"

"I--CHAaaAAnYEOL!" 

I want to spend more time like this with you, Chanyeol smiled, a contrast to his dark eyes, which portrayed what he actually felt inside.