| Chapter 4 |

Ordinary Day [Temporary Hiatus]

Prom night came. I didn't have a date, so Nana and I decided to go together. Our graduation ceremony had been held last night, and I had to step up as Valedictorian since the class representative and probably the most smart girl in the school, had fallen sick. We cheered, laughed, and cried, and now we were ready to take on the world... Or at least, college. 

Nana was dressed beautifully with a white, blue and black strapless dress, while I had the bright purple dress that Minhee had chosen for me.

    

 

"So, have you seen that Chan-whatever guy again?" Nana asked as we drank some juice, neither of us wanting to get drunk. I had only told her about the mysterious park guy and his group of friends after we'd gone out that week day. I didn't tell Minhee since, one, she wouldn't stop rambling on about how cute and perfect her boyfriend is and, two, she would make a big deal out of it. Nana was more down to earth, and had quietly listened to my story, giving a few nods here and there to show that she was listening. 

"Nope, and I stupidly forgot to ask him for a number," I pouted. Frankly, I didn't know why I was suddenly interested in getting to know him, but I figured it was the best chance I had to make memories with new people and hopefully have something to tell my grandchildren one day. 

Nana nodded, but dropped the subject. The rest of the night, we spent it dancing, talking with fellow classmates about the future. Nana and Lizzy exchanged numbers to keep in touch since both were now trainees in Entertainment companies and found many things in common, I teased Minhee about her boyfriend and had a private talk with said boy. It was absolutely hilarious and adorable how, while being threatened to be castrated and beaten to a pulp, he kept on vowing that he would never hurt Minhee and that he planned on marrying her. 

The night ended, but life was just starting. 


I had been busy moving out. College was barely a month away, and I was ready to spend my last summer vacation to its fullest. Minhee and Changseob we stuck together like glue, but I managed to steal the maknae every once in a while for a girl's night in or a coffee break. Nana had been busy with a hectic schedule, so I dropped by every once in a while to her small studio apartment with food and sweet goods (albeit at odd hours of the night). 

I was visiting my parents when I decided to try and see if I might catch Chanyeol again. Once I started my classes, I knew I wouldn't come back to the park anymore; it was too far away from my studio, and time would be limited for me as I wanted to get a good start this first semester. I bought a cone of ice cream on the way, and set to the hidden spot of the park. 

I was surprised to find Baekhyun there.

"Hi Baekhyun-ssi, how are you?" I asked as I sat next to him on the grass. He smiled at me and looked back at the scenery. Boy, these guys are really into scenery watching, so different from my classmates, I thought. 

"I'm waiting for a certain tall idiot," he sighed, "You wouldn't have happened to see him on your way here, right?" 

I shook my head and took a bite out of the ice cream, then immediately regretted it. I frowned, the cold hitting my teeth and making me wince. Baekhyun looked at me and laughed. 

"Oh, Baekhyun-ssi, I was wondering if--" he cut me off, waving dismisally with his hand.

"Drop the formalities, I feel old if you keep calling me Baekhyun-ssi," he smiled and I nodded.

"Baekhyun, do you by any chance have Chanyeol's number?" I asked. I was making it a point of this trip to get the Giant Puppy's contact information for once and for all. I had been a huge idiot to forget it not once, but twice. Baekhyun cocked his eyebrows at me, and I gave him a simple 'What?'.

"You don't have his number?" He asked, as if to clarify it, and I nodded, "Didn't he give it to you?" I shook my head. 

"I forgot to ask him for it after we met for the first time, and then last time he took the bus with me he seemed out of it and I forgot yet again," I pinked a little, I wasn't as forgetful as those incidents made me seem, but Baekhyun didn't know that. 

"Oh. Well, I'd give it to you, but I didn't bring my phone today," he rubbed his nape, and laughed shortly, "If I did, I would've called him already to know where the heck he's hiding." 

I puffed my cheeks. All that interrogation for nothing? Hmph. Oh well

 

 

Baekhyun and I spent the rest of the afternoon talking. I decided to simply give him my phone number and asked him to give it to Chanyeol as well, and headed back home. Being greeted with darkness and silence, I guessed that my parents had headed out, and I decided to go back to my apartment. 

I got on the bus, and plugged my earphones in. I sat in the middle of the bus and waited until my stop came. There were about 6 stops before mine, so I decided to spy on the walking people of Seoul while waiting. 

By the third stop, I felt someone plump down on the seat next to me. To my surprise, it was the Giant Puppy that, I presumed, had ditched the Little Puppy (a.k.a. Baekhyun). He grinned at me, his red hair even shorter, and his smile verging on creepy. 

"Long time no see, eh, Junghee?" he smiled, and I smiled back. He came off as awkward, but it was alright. 

"Yeah, a long time indeed. By the way, did you ditch Baekhyun this afternoon?" I got straight to the point, but I was curious. He looked surprised, and I giggled, "I met up with him at the park. He said he was waiting for you," He face-palmed right there, which I found hilarious, and I had to stiffle my laughs since an old halmeoni was throwing dirty looks at me, "Oh god, you forgot him? He was so mad at you for ditching him!" 

"I completely forgot... I had an appointme-- I mean, my mother asked me to go do some chores for her.. I forgot.. Oh, god, he's going to kill me."

I giggled, then noticed that we were only one stop from mine. I quickly took out my phone and handed it to him. He tilted his head to the side and gave me a confused look. 

"Give me your number. I moved, and I can't go to the park to wait for you anymore. I gave my number to Baekhyun, but this is just a safety measure."

He smiled and punched in his numbers, then put my cellphone on camera mode. He suddenly wrapped his right arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer, my cheek squished against his, "Smile!" he said, and then click the photo was taken. The bus stopped, and I looked alarmed. 

"Here's my stop, I gotta go, I'll text you later Chan--" he got up and I dragged myself towards the exit of the bus. Before I could finish my sentence, he placed his giant hands on my head and ruffled my hair. I got off the bus, face tomato red, and waved at him as the bus sped away. 

What is up with this boy and petting my hair? 

I didn't really mind, but I would never admit that I liked it.