| Chapter 9 |

Ordinary Day [Temporary Hiatus]

"So," Nana began, "You guys are not dating, huh?" 

Minhee and Nana had suddenly barged into my apartment unannounced. I would've gotten mad at them for interrupting my precious Kim Kibum-bonding time but they brought cake and ice cream, so I kept quiet. 

I finally detached my eyes from the screen, "What?" 

Minhee giggled, and Nana shook her head, "You're totally dating that tall guy! We saw it!" 

I raised my eyebrows, so someone was following us, huh? "You guys saw us? Did you guys stalk me or something?" 

"Uhh--" Minhee began, but got cut off by Nana, "That's not the point, you," she pointed at me accusingly, but smirking, "lied to us. Chanyeol totally took you on a date," 

I forced my cheeks to not turned red, and took a bite of my ice cream, why is this such a big deal? He's just a friend, for crying out loud!

I turned back to the TV, "He's just a friend, I've told you that, if you guys want to make it seem more than it really is then--" 

"Then why did you call him 'oppa'?" Minhee interjected, and I looked at her surprised. Damn, I thought, I forgot about that devil's punishment, I cursed mentally. 

Nana smiled triumphantly, "Yeah! You called him 'oppa'! You never call anyone oppa. Not even Nam, and you know how insistent is the dude!"

I sighed, "That was nothing, he said it was punishment for being late, and--" 

"Lies, missy, you know it's not good to lie," I looked at her bewildered, and noticed that she held on her hands my phone. 

"Wha--Why the heck do you have my phone?!" 

"Well, while you and Minhee were drooling over pretty boy Kibum, I checked your texts," she stuck out her tongue, " 'Oh oppa~ Don't be mad~'" she suddenly mock-voiced me in an incredibly high pitched voice, "And he caught you 'cheeting on him'? Come on, there are even emoticons! You never use emoticons!"

Minhee giggled and sauntered towards the older girl, "Lemme see! Lemme see!" Nana handed her the device and I felt my cheeks redden. She raised her eyebrows expectantly, "So, tell us the deal," 

I puffed my cheeks, "For god's sake, there is no deal! He's just a friend --"

"Who you fed ice cream to? And shared an indirect kiss with?" Minhee countered, and I tried to splutter out a response.

"What--that--he--Well, he tricked me into that, not me!" I said nonsensically. Minhee shook her head. 

"Unnie, you fed him first. No offense, but your argument is invalid," she said angelically. I threw my hands up in desperation, and gave up. 

"What do you girls want me to say? That I'm madly in love with him? I'm--" 

"Well, we're not saying that, but you do like him, don't you? I don't think I've ever seen you tolerate as much skinship as I saw on that little date." Nana stated, and Minhee pouted. 

"Yeah! You never let me hug you but you let him wrap his arms around you? No fair!" 

I hid my face in my hands, seriously, God, is this your way of torture because I've been a boring person to look after? 

"Hey," Nana said, soothingly patting my back and sitting next to me on the couch, "We're not trying to corner you, we're just looking out for you. We don't want you to be heartbroken or anything," 

Minhee nodded, "Yeah, Unnie, we want the beeeest~ for you!" 

I looked up to them, "I know, but I seriously don't like him, he's just a friend," Isn't he? 

Nana shook her head, "Are you sure? Think about it. Do you really consider him as just a friend?" 

Suddenly, Minhee sat up and ran to the kitchen, coming back with three chocopies and the bowl of ice cream, "Girls! It's starting again!" 

Nana chuckled and helped Minhee with the food, as I looked towards the screen. Suddenly, Kibum's abs didn't seem so entrancing as they were before. 

Why do they keep insisting that I like him, I thought, I don't, right?