Makeover

소녀시대 Soshi One Shot Collection

Author's POV

Kim Taeyeon was a simple nerd, until she receives a makeover... from the most popular girl in school...

Taeyeon's POV

When will she ever notice me... it seems like all she notices is Yuri...

Kwon Yuri, the top basketball player in the school, and someone people thinks Tiffany has the hots for.

Well, I am a complete nerd afterall...

I ace my subjects without fail, and gets bullied by the popular kids all the time.

Every popular kid, except her.

But it's possibly because she doesn't even want to bother.

I rushed to school, and in the process, made my hair messy.

"Taeyeon, did you hear? There's going to be the sports tryouts later. It's all happening at the same time. Want to go and tryout?" Jessica, my only friend, asked me.

"Hmm. Football?"

"Oh come on. You just want to see your favourite idol play football. I was thinking maybe basketball?" Sica rolled her eyes.

"So you can see Yuri?" I asked.

"W-What? N-No... why would I want to..."

"Just admit it, Sica. You like Yuri." I smiled as I nudged her.

"W-Whatever... I... I don't care..." she cleared .

"Football sounds really nice though... I might want to join... hmm..."

"Though I think you wouldn't last 5 seconds in the game..." Sica muttered.

"Have you forgotten, Sooyeon? Sensitive hearing." I smiled.

"Oops..." Sica chuckled.

"Tiffany Hwang and Kwon Yuri are approaching!" a guy from far shouted.

Everyone cheered, and I mean EVERYONE. Female, Male, heck, even the teachers.

When Tiffany passed by me, she smiled, probably amused by my messy hair.

"Comb your hair before you come to school, will you?" she touched my hair, "But I have to say, you have great hair texture." she smiled again.

I just stood there and blushed.

Tiffany's POV

"Cute," I thought.

Yuri smiled at the blonde standing next to Taeyeon.

How did I know her name?

Let's just say I've been finding out about her without her knowing.

But no, I'm no stalker.

She's just interesting to me is all...

It all started with that day...

~Flashback~

I was walking back home when I saw Taeyeon and her blonde friend playing football.

It sounded like Jessica was teaching Taeyeon how to play.

"Just kick the ball into the goal and make sure your opponent doesn't. Simple enough for a nerd to understand right?" the blonde smiled.

Taeyeon tried playing, but was clumsy and tripped many times, however, she definitely had talent for the sport. It was just that she needed training.

I was about to sit down and watch it properly, but my maid caught my attention.

"Miss Hwang, it's time to go home." 

I nodded before catching one last glance at Taeyeon, and a grin eventually came up to my face.

~End Flashback~

And in the subsequent days, she would go back to the field and practice her control over the ball.

I smiled whenever I saw her cheering when she scored a goal.

"Thinking of Taeyeon again, Miyoung?" Yuri's voice made me stop dreaming.

"Yah. What did I tell you about calling me Miyoung?!" 

"What did I tell you about your loud voice? Guess we're even." Yuri shrugged.

"Hmph. How about you? Stalking your Jessica?"

Yuri pouted, "She's not mine... yet."

"She seems to like you though." I smiled.

"Well... I don't know... Anyway, you going for football tryouts right?"

I nodded, "Of course. It's my forte."

"Or maybe to be your stalkerish self and watch Taeyeon like always."

"I do not stalk her." I said in an offended tone.

"Says the girl who secretly watches Taeyeon play football."

"Hmph." I pouted, "You gotta admit, Taeyeon is kinda cute."

~In Class~

I couldn't stop looking at Taeyeon, who was too busy scribbling notes to notice.

~At the Tryouts~

Like how Yuri described me, I was busy looking at Taeyeon like a stalker.

I purposely stood next to her when we gathered around to hear the results of the tryouts.

When my name came up, I wasn't surprised. 

I was the soccer captain from my freshman year.

Thankfully, my Taeyeon got into the team, but was one of the weakest.

Coach said that she chose her because there were no better players and that she'll just have to settle with Taeyeon.

How discouraging...

No matter, my Taeyeon is the best in my eyes.

What am I even saying?

"MY" Taeyeon? 

I'm an obsessive stalker.

Creepy.

I walked up to her.

"Nice job on the field just now, Taeyeon sshi."

Taeyeon's POV

How does she know my name?

I just smiled back, trying to forget about coach's harsh words.

"Thanks, Tiffany-sshi, that means a lot coming from the football captain."

"Just call me Tiffany." she gave me one of her lovable eye-smiles.

"Then call me Taeyeon." I gave one of my dorky smiles.

"You look cute when you smile like that." she grinned.

"What..."

"Just saying." she shrugged.

I blushed.

"By the way, don't mind coach's comments. You're great." she smiled again.

~Skip to the first football practice~

"Not that way, Taeyeon. Like this," Tiffany showed me, and I followed, but ended up tripping due to my lack of balance.

Luckily, she caught me before I fell.

"Yah. Now I wonder why I'm called DdilFany. You're more clumsy than me." she puffed her cheeks.

I quickly stood up.

"I'm sure she did that on purpose," "How low can that nerd be," "Tiffany is just pitying her," 

I heard all that and I rolled my eyes.

Typical.

"At least your studies are better than theirs." Tiffany used her eyesmile.

I smiled.

~First Football Match~

I've been training secretly at the field near my house.

And surprisingly, I've gotten a lot closer with Miyoung, which is actually Tiffany's korean name.

She hates it, but I find it really cute.

She never liked Yuri, they were just best friends.

Miyoung offered to train me in football after school in secret a few weeks before this day.

My football skills did improve... but I was still a substitute.

"Kim Taeyeon, get into the game." Coach called, "Choi Sooyoung got injured."

I nodded, before going into the game.

The score was 2:4, the opposing team leading by two points.

Miyoung scored two more goal, making it into a tie.

Right at the last second, I scored another goal, clinching us our first win for the season.

Miyoung smiled as she hugged me.

"Omo. How can that be possible?" "No, Tiffany unnie! Why her?!" 

So many people screamed... but I didn't care anyway.

I like Miyoung, and Miyoung likes me enough to teach me football, so, all is good.

~The Next Week~

"As you know, you'll have your two week holiday after this day, so-" the teacher was cut off by the sound of bells.

"School is over!" Everyone screamed and shouted, clapping happily.

Sica and Yuri walked over to me, "So, you've made quite a name about yourself, Taengoo." Sica said.

"Yuri, meet Taeyeon, my best friend, and Taeyeon, meet Yuri, my..."

"...girlfriend," Yuri smiled.

"Woah. So you finally came out of your shell and confessed to liking her! Yes!" I cheered.

"Came out of your shell? So you were playing hard to get all this time, Sica-baby?" Yuri tilted her head to the side and smiled at Jessica, her whole face red with embarrassment, and probably anger to kill me.

I ran away before she could do nasty things to me.

I accidentally bumped into a girl holding many books, making her drop the books.

"Sorry!" I picked the books up for her.

I looked up at saw an eyesmile.

"Thanks, Taetae." 

Her petname for me... weird weird weird stuff.

"So, what you doing for the holidays?" she asked, as we settled in the school cafe.

"Practicing... studying... the usual."

"Taetae, have you ever thought of going for a makeover?"

I almost spit my drink out.

"What? A makeover? You can't be serious, Miyoung ah."

"I am, Taetae. You looked waay too hot without your specs. Remember that time where you lost your specs? Yeah. You without specs and wearing that t-shirt is more than hot."

"So you fangirling over me now?" I joked.

"Maybe." she smiled.

"Anyway, I won't be able to see if I get rid of my glasses."

"Contacts, duh?" Miyoung said, "Please Taetae. Go for a makeover. Do it. I want to hang out with you in the eyes of the public too, you know?"

"So there's something wrong with the way I look now?"

"Not that, but... you'll look hotter. Please!" she pouted

"Fine fine fine." I couldn't say no to her perfectly cute pout.

She smiled widely.

~Day of the Makeover~

First, we went to a hair salon.

"This one!" Miyoung pointed to a long curly hairstyle.

"No." I said.

"How about... this one?" she pointed to another one with short slightly golden hair. (The hair she had in The Boys Music Bank comeback stage)

"That looks... pretty good."

So I changed my hairstyle.

Then she brought me to a spectacle shop.

"Hmm. This should suit you!" I took my glasses off and put on the contact lenses.

"Hey, I kind of like this feeling..."

"Right? Right?" she smiled excitedly.

At last, she brought me to many many clothe shops, choosing each piece for me.

"You'll look so cute in this one..." 

"Oh, and this one!"

"Don't forget that one!"

She bought so many clothes for me, I wondered if I could wear a different piece for all 365 days of the year.

Tiffany's POV

"Miyoung, haven't we bought enough?"

Ah, Miyoung. A name I hate so much. It sounds old, but when Taeyeon says it, it sounds so angelic.

"No. I want my Taetae to look the cutest and hottest in school." I blurted out.

"MY" Taetae?

Taeyeon blushed and I decided to more.

"Not that she isn't already the cutest and hottest in my eyes." I smiled.

She blushed ever harder.

"Is my Taetae shy?" I asked again.

"Miyoung, can you stop it with the "my"? I'm not yours..."

"Yet." I thought.

I grinned to myself.

"Whatever you say, Taetae."

(After 3 months of holidays)

"Can't wait to see Taetae! She must look really cool!" I muttered to myself excitedly, looking at the photo both of us took before her makeover.

When I reached school, I spotted a crowd around a girl.

"Wow. Must be a new kid." I shrugged as I went to class.

In class, some girls sitting behind me were whispering.

"Did you see her? She was like really really cute!" "Yeah! Of course I did! I managed to take a photo you know?" 

The girls continued talking, before curiousity got the better of me.

I turned around and asked, "Who is this person you're talking about?"

"Oh, didn't you know? Kim Taeyeon has totally changed into another person. Her hair style is so much nicer and without those nerdy specs, she looks totally hot!"

"Too bad you didn't see her playing football yet." I chuckled silently.

Taeyeon's POV

(During Break)

Argh. How could Miyoung live with this?

So many girls stalking you wherever you go. 

I sat at the usual table with Yuri, Miyoung and Sica.

The girls all squealed even more when they saw all of us together.

After eating in silence, just joking. I WISH! 

Yuri asked me, "Hey, want to play a basketball match?"

I shrugged, "Sure, why not?"

Miyoung grabbed my arm, "But Taetae, you should practice football."

"Come on, Miyoungie. One match."

"Fine." she let go of me as Sica and her followed me and Yuri to the basketball court.

Yuri dribbled the ball, trying to confuse me, but I ran and snatched the ball from her.

In the end, I won by one single point.

"Oh My God! Did you see that?! Kim Taeyeon beat captain Kwon!" some of the juniors were whispering.

Yuri and myself both laughed before walking off.

Tiffany's POV

Taetae won! My Taetae won!

Yes! 

I smiled to myself.

"Yah. You know you should just confess to her if you like her?" the Ice Princess asked in English.

"What? You must be crazy. Why would I confess to her..." I replied back in the same.

"Because you obviously like her more than a friend?" it came off more as a statement...

"Whatever, Jessi."

(A few days later)

I was walking with Taetae to go to the roof, where people usually don't go to. 

On the way there, a girl timidly walked up to Taetae and gave her a soft toy.

"This is for you, Taeyeon unnie..." she said softly.

"No way. Peas?! How does she know my Taetae's favourite?!" I frowned.

"Thanks a lot, Seohyun." she smiled to that Seohyun, before pecking her cheeks lightly.

The only thing I could feel at the moment was a million daggers stabbing what was once my whole heart.

After walking in silence, she suddenly asked, "Hey, why so quiet, Miyoungie?"

I looked at her, then remembered the scene I saw before. I turned back. 

"Is there something wrong Miyoungie? Tell me? What happened? I'll beat up whoever made you like that."

"What was that, Taetae?" I asked her when we finally reached the rooftop.

"What was what?"

"That! That girl! You kissing that girl! What was that?!" I asked, anger obvious in my tone.

"That's..... Seohyun. Is it wrong to peck her cheek?" she asked, her head tilting to the side.

"No... I guess it's not..." I said, looking down.

"What's wrong Miyoung ah? Are you okay?" she asked, removing my fringe away from my eyes using her thumb.

Should I go for the real answer or the convenient answer?

"Confess to her" Jessi's words never left my head.

But what if Seohyun is like her girlfriend? Or someone that she likes? What if I ruin our friendship?

I shook those thoughts out of my head. Just confess. Simple as that. I say No, she asks why, I answer. Simple...

"No. I'm not okay, Taetae."

"Really? Well I hope you get better soon."

What? She didn't even ask why?

Tears were already stinging my eyes, before I started sobbing.

"Miyoung! Why are you crying? Come on, Miyoung... stop crying.... Please... Stop..." she looked at me, before hugging me.

"Stop crying... stop crying..." she kept saying.

I eventually stopped crying, looking at her warm and gentle eyes.

I smiled, before tackling her onto the ground, her lips and mine apart only a little bit. If anyone accidentally pushed me, even if it's lightly, we'll just kiss...

Suddenly, the bell rung. I stood up abruptly and looked at her, "Uhh... sorry. That was kinda... awkward...."

She blushed and I mirrored her.

Taeyeon's POV

Stupid bell... Stupid stupid.

I was this close to kissing her.

Damn stupid bell.

Just when I wanted to confess to her...

Ugh! Annoying annoying! 

Okay. I'll confess tomorrow. For sure.

I wonder if Juhyunnie is still in school.

I went to find her after school.

"Juhyunnie!" I hugged her and kissed her cheeks again.

"Unnie... you should stop doing that!" she pouted.

"Aigoo, my Juhyunnie is so grown up now." I faked tears.

I grabbed her hands and dragged her down the street, taking her to multiple shops to buy her Keroro things.

Without them knowing, a pair of sad eyes was watching them.

Tiffany's POV

I guess they really are together....

I frowned, before going home in silence, before screaming into my pillow.

Taeyeon's POV

(The Next Day)

I met with her during break and walked to the rooftop together again.

"Miyoung ah... I wanted to tell you something..." I looked at her, who just looked back at me with sad eyes.

"I wanted to tell you that...."

"You're dating that Seohyun girl right?"

"What? No. Why would I date her?" I asked, confused by her answer.

"Then what's up with the kisses and stuff?" she asked me, her gaze adverted from my eyes.

"That's.... that's...." I was at a loss for words. Was it wrong to kiss her on the cheeks? 

"Right? That's what I thought." she said, walking away from me.

"No, Miyoung." I pulled her arm back and hugged her, "Don't leave. I love you, Miyoung."

Tiffany's POV

Still can say that after I saw you kissing that girl twice?! 

Am I a toy, Kim Taeyeon? 

"Then what was up with that Seohyun?"

"Technically, her name is Seo Juhyun. And she's my cousin, you pabo." she knocked my head.

"Yah!" I shouted.

She walked to her bag and took a flower out.

"Here. I was planning on confessing yesterday but you cried so... oh well. Anyway, Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, will you be my girlfriend?" she asked.

"Of course I will, Taetae!" I hugged her tightly, before our lips touched and we both smiled.

_______

Author's Note:

y, I know. 

Brain equals dead....